Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Sign up sheet

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

Official Sign up sheet

Hi all!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the development team. This will be the perfect opportunity to learn or develop skills in different areas!

What is DtK Development Team?:
    This will be a group of dedicated DtK members collaborating on projects aimed at improving and making the overall experience on DtK servers more fun. Examples include ; creating maps, custom skins/models, mods/plugins, graphics,etc.

Who we are looking for?:
    -Mappers
    -Skinners/modelers
    -Modders
    -Graphic Designers
    -Music/Sound editors,composers,etc (broad area but basically people can who can edit/remix music for the servers e.g quake sounds - headshot, monsterkill, humiliation)
    - Video Editors (creating frag movies, server promotion videos etc)

Requirements for joining:
    You do not have to be an expert at the above mentioned roles to be considered for DT. You could be a beginner but you must be dedicated and willing to learn. Inactive members may be removed from the team.

How will this Development Team operate?:
    While participation in majority of the projects will be voluntary. DT members will be expected to fulfill needs of DtK Server's in terms of custom content (e.g maps,sounds,skins,etc). DT members have a dedicated public forum section, they will also get access to a private forum subsection to be used for discussion and collaboration purposes. Server admins will be able to request custom content from these sections.
    The development team will be given access to a test server with FTP access to test any of the projects they may be working on.

Who's in charge?:
    I have been allocated to run the Development Team with the help of TC Topcat. We will be looking to work on a series of projects among other things.

We will also be looking for people to spear head sub projects and mentors who can help educate and teach their skills to other members willing to learn.

Mentors:
    -Mapping: imthenewguy
    -skinning/modeling: to be filled
    -Modding/plugins: Squall (temp)
    -Graphics Design: to be filled
    -Music/Sound: to be filled.
    -Video editing: to be filled

How to join?:
    If you are interested in joining the Development team, please reply to this thread with the following information filled out:

Name:
    Current Development skills (ie mapping etc):
    Skill you would like to learn:
    What can you bring to the Dev team?:
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?:
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable):
    Have you got a Game Banana account?:
    Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed):

All join requests will be subject to approval. The main thing we are looking for is dedication, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and commitment. Skills can be developed over time

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all in the Dev team!

Cheers, New Guy.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by kaotic View Post
    404 page error?
    Hmm im not sure.

Wait til Squal gets you guys on the list so u can access the dev forums.

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Name: _andr0iid
    Current Development skills (ie mapping etc): Mapping
    Skill you would like to learn: Modeling
    What can you bring to the Dev team?: Maps
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: As long as I can
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): Yes
    Have you got a Game Banana account?: Yes

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...Map-Collection

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...s-Map-hg_arena

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/171133

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/172026

Got a lot more but on mediafire with no screenshots.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Accepted.

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Woohoo!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cody2G     $ 10.00
    Name: CodyD_

Current Development skills (ie mapping etc): GFX and Design (bit rusty)

Skill you would like to learn: Mapping and more GFX and Design.

What can you bring to the Dev team?: A dedicated member who will be able to learn easily, quickly and without no whining, being able to output good graphics when needed and just a overall good guy in general.

How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: As much as needed, i have all the free time in the world.

Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): Whenever someone asks me to.

Have you got a Game Banana account?: http://gamebanana.com/members/1336342

Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed): http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Co...Dawes/profile/
    Last edited by Cody2G; 05-12-13 at 04:53 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody2G For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by CodyD_ View Post
    Name: CodyD_

Current Development skills (ie mapping etc): GFX and Design (bit rusty)

Skill you would like to learn: Mapping and more GFX and Design.

What can you bring to the Dev team?: A dedicated member who will be able to learn easily, quickly and without no whining, being able to output good graphics when needed and just a overall good guy in general.

How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: As much as needed, i have all the free time in the world.

Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): Whenever someone asks me to.

Have you got a Game Banana account?: http://gamebanana.com/members/1336342

Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed): http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Co...Dawes/profile/
    Cool.

Accepted mate. I will get Squally to add you to the private section.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk has a brilliant future Scakk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] Scakk     $ 0.00
    Name:
    Scakk
    Graphics and design
    Improve my photoshop skills so I can be better.
    I can bring my gfx side onto finishing peoples requests if they ask for any.
    I can do things quickly and also learn quickly, Just give me a request and
    I won't hesitate to do it.

Every weekend, Most week days I'm tired from school and busy studying.
    Yes, But cannot attend the meetings.
    No.
    http://scakkhd.carbonmade.com/
    2. http://imgur.com/a/lE7WX#0
    3. http://www.youtube.com/scakkhd

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scakk For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 173

Ausgamer is a jewel in the rough Ausgamer is a jewel in the rough Ausgamer is a jewel in the rough Ausgamer's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] Ausgamer     $ 10.00
    ]Name: Ausgamer
    Current Development skills (ie mapping etc): We'll, I don't have a current skill lol, that's why I'm willing to learn some new skills
    Skill you would like to learn: Advanced Video Editing, mapping, skinning/modeling, modding/plugins, and graphic design, those are the ones I want to learn, but I can just learn to do one thing if you want
    What can you bring to the Dev team?: Dedication, hard work, willing to learn and help the team out
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: we'll, for another 2 weeks, I work all week until Thursday night, so Friday-Sunday I'm free, but after 2 weeks is up, I'm on 6 week holidays so I can do up to maybe 8 hours a week.
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): Yes I would.
    Have you got a Game Banana account?: Yes, I haven't got any maps from there though, people are saying their game crashes every time they open the game lol, so I'm waiting off lol
    Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed): I haven't done any work previously, want to learn and want to help the team make fantastic projects

Aus
    Last edited by Ausgamer; 07-12-13 at 01:37 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ausgamer For This Useful Post:

Former Event Manager
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 376
    ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX has a brilliant future ArathusX's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] ArathusX     $ 0.00
    Name:
    ArathusX
    Basic Mapping, Programming Knowledge (Java, C#, VBS, HTML/5(Basic))
    Mapping, Scripting
    Fresh Thought, and a willingness to learn more.
    As I am currently on holidays, I am willing to put as much time as I can into learning.
    Yes, I have access to TS, Skype as well as Steam Chat.
    Not as of yet, as I have not produced any fully completed work.
    As stated above, I am yet to complete any work, however I have a project in development.
    ~Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars when i thought to myself... where the heck is the ceiling?~

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ArathusX For This Useful Post:

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Newie, I remember a long time back you posted some great links as an introduction to mapping. Would you be able to add that link somewhere in OP and that way all the guys looking to learn something new will be able to bring themselves to an even playing field, and you will be aware of where everyone starts. Perhaps we can make this as a prerequisite to help people start out?
    Again as per the OP, you dont need to start with any skills. We are happy to teach if you are happy to learn.
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by TC_TopCat View Post
    Newie, I remember a long time back you posted some great links as an introduction to mapping. Would you be able to add that link somewhere in OP and that way all the guys looking to learn something new will be able to bring themselves to an even playing field, and you will be aware of where everyone starts. Perhaps we can make this as a prerequisite to help people start out?
    Again as per the OP, you dont need to start with any skills. We are happy to teach if you are happy to learn.
    http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...ing-Tutorial(s)

If you guys are keen to get into mapping, I am happy to assist you and answer any questions etc, but it would be up to you guys to learn the basics of hammer (how to create a brush, spawn point etc) as that stuff is hard to teach over a microphone.

I know Ark was starting a GG project which is awesome, and I am happy to answer any questions you have.

You guys are welcome onto the team as long as you remain active and committed to developing those skills.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    Name: Gyaradooossssss
    Current Development skills (ie mapping etc):, Graphics and Design, Video Editing
    Skill you would like to learn: Mapping
    What can you bring to the Dev team?: I can bring some tutorials, videos, graphic artwork, and help with some mapping if needed.
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: I could commit a fair bit of time to the DT, I already commit quite a bit on doing GFX requests and making amazing 360 jetpackin montage videos
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): yis
    Have you got a Game Banana account?: yis
    Video: www.youtube.com/gyaradoscss
    GFX: http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/gy...?sort=3&page=1
    Last edited by Gyarados; 29-12-13 at 11:52 PM. Reason: took out mapping

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gyarados For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

im happy to have him.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Rustlin' Jimmies since 93'
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Stormynitez     $ 0.00
    Name: Stormynitez
    Current Development skills (ie mapping etc): Graphic Design
    Skill you would like to learn: Nil
    What can you bring to the Dev team?: what ever you need.
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: as much needed
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): Always and forever
    Have you got a Game Banana account?: Nope. Can make one.
    Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed): I have been providing DtK members with Forum signatures for a while now
    http://s870.photobucket.com/user/Sto...123/slideshow/

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    im happy to have him.
    soooo... is that a yes?

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Application from Jeddles:

Dev team recruitment application
    hey NewGuy

I cant reply to thread to make an application for some reason, it just says that it's private, but i got the questions.

Jeddlesteins's Development Team Recruitment Application

Name:
    Jeddlesteins

Basic-Intermediate Map skills
    Spray Designing skills
    Advanced-Expert GiMP skills (Gimp = similar to PhotoShop)
    Experienced GFX Designing
    Basic Skin Modeller

I want to learn more about mapping and other types of mapping softwares to help build the project.

I can bring them whatever they need. Logos and pictures for maps... making maps and contributing to projects... u name it!

I will commit to projects depending on my schedule and if they are any holidays and events on. but when im free, usually 4 hours everyday (28 hours every week)

Most definitely, tho i do sound a little prebby for a 15 year old but doesnt matter i will still contribute in discussions and planning.

Yes

I am working on putting them all together on Photobucket. STill in progress

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    I am happy for Jed to join in.
    Sounds like he is at a similar level to Cody.
    Might be really interesting if we can get Cody on some prefabs and Jed to work with him to decorate them...

I think they could be a good team.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by TC_TopCat View Post
    I am happy for Jed to join in.
    Sounds like he is at a similar level to Cody.
    Might be really interesting if we can get Cody on some prefabs and Jed to work with him to decorate them...

I think they could be a good team.
    Could be an idea. Haven't heard much from Cody though so not sure what's happening there.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 68

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bauxe     $ 20.00
    May as well reapply now that I am back in DtK.

Name: Like a Bauxe
    Current Development skills (ie mapping etc): Mapping, particle creation, logic systems, slight SourceMod knowledge
    Skill you would like to learn: More SourceMod (planning to do this later this year when I have more time), level design, texturing
    What can you bring to the Dev team?: Creation of logic systems / particles for maps, ideas on how to bring ideas into maps, etc
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: Depending on my uni workload, probably 5-10hrs (also depending on my motivation towards said projects)
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): Yep
    Have you got a Game Banana account?: Yes, nothing on it.
    Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed): No real completed work, however I have written a few guides and such. Also got a mapping project on my plate as we speak, however progress is a bit slow. (how2getideas)

Casual Member
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] PwnedByNoob     $ 0.00
    Name: Xenophaze
    Current Development skills (ie mapping etc): Music/Sound Design
    Skill you would like to learn: Music and sound design in general
    What can you bring to the Dev team?: Creation of music and sound effects.
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: 6-10+ Depending on the project
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): Yeah most likely
    Have you got a Game Banana account?: Nope
    Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed):https://soundcloud.com/xenophazeaus

Closed Thread

Thread Information