Closed Thread

Thread: Mellow's Guide to Guarding.

#UnbanCAPS2013
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Overall activity: 0%
    Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Mellow     $ 0.00

Mellow's Guide to Guarding.

A warden can only be as good as his guards let him. (Unless you’re foxxxy)

1. Don’t argue for warden. Share it around and don’t be a spoil-sport with wardening.
    Don’t argue with the warden, showing a lack of confidence in the warden will result in mass rebelling and will also cause the warden to lack confidence in himself!
    Try to help out the warden by suggesting games on the maps or things to play!
    And if the wardens new! Make sure he remembers the key words! “FREEZE” and “NO DETOURS”.

Also share around warden! It’s no fair if people are waiting in queue to guard and try new games as warden! Even if your new to wardening yourself and lack some confidence! Just give it a try! You will only get better at it!

2. Know your CT team.
    With regulars like Face-book and Sambo-Jonah (could list dozens more) being pretty competent, you can always trust them to watch your back and keep a good eye on T’s.
    But about half the time the guards are randoms whom sometimes don’t even have a mic or use it at all! Try to help out the warden by making sure these “rands” aren’t covering vital positions in a map alone, make sure you help them cover vents and gun cells until you’re confident that they are competent!!!
    And don’t forget to watch your friends backs!!!!

3. Are you standing next to another CT?
    Spread out, there’s no point in more than 2 CTs sitting in the same spot near a stack, or more watching the same spot, (Maps like Lego T's can escape through countless ways and if everyone’s fixated on vent cell it makes it easy for the Ts to run all over).
    Also being stacked next to Ts is very dangerous; it’s pretty much luring the T with the bomb to come at you all!!!
    On countless occasions I have witnessed the entire CT team being decimated from just 1 simple bomb, so spread out! And make sure you’re not an easy target!!!

4. Team chat. Get used to it.
    Using team speak is a great way to communicate without the T’s overhearing. If you see a T go into vent you can’t get to don’t spam over the mic making him hide in there, just team chat that vents broken and you will cover the escape… So then hopefully the T in vent will make his way out feeling he has made a clear break! Making it easy to "Pop him in the snout". : D

5. Speak up.
    You have a mic for a reason; tell the warden and other guards where you are watching. Like at start of a map "I have vip vent covered", so then the other CTs can spread out and watch other areas knowing that you have it covered. Also saying this will deter any Ts from thinking they are able to escape through a vent or rebel with a gun if they think you have your eye on them.
    Too many CTs have a mic and never use to communicate and help out unless a mic check is initiated or they are forced to have warden... (which personally pisses me off).

6. Watch each other’s backs & Use Initiative.
    Use initiative, warden really shouldn’t have to tell the CTs to go everywhere. I have this problem, I say “I’m going to be sending the T’s outside”. And after 20 seconds or so nobody moves they just sit around camping watching the T’s.
    If you hear the warden say the Ts are being moved outside shout-out “I will go watch this corridor” ect.
    This saves time in game and the warden having to directly manage their guards all over!
    As a guard you should see where they you are needed and go there.

7. Learn the map.
    This is as important as knowing the rules when guarding.
    Learn the map, be weary of gun cells, vent and keep an eye on them.
    Make sure you watch your buddies backs! And warn them of where these trouble spots are!

8. PAY ATTENTION TO WARDENS ORDERS.
    Pretty self explanatory, Listen if the warden says “Freeze!” or “Stay there!”.
    Too many times people free kill from not being attentive, If you’re unsure if the warden says freeze or not just don’t take any action without being 100% sure.

9. Don’t be too Nazi!
    JB is about having fun, try not to kill off the T’s to quickly unless they are rebelling! Give the Ts a pat on the back for not rebelling by giving them some leeway with some orders. (unless you’re SURE they are going to rebel!)
    For example with “freezing” orders. If they jump don’t kill them straight away just give them a warning first! (That they were supposed to freeze not jump!).

It’s about having fun long rounds for all! And not just killing them off for stupid little reasons!

Special thanks to Topcat for inspiring this guide! And also suggesting some things to add!
    And I'm sorry if I failed this guide too badly! I'm fairly illiterate!!! And just returned from the pub!
    Any extra notes to add, spelling mistakes or advice are welcome!!!!

Just hope you enjoyed and got something out of this guide!
    See you on JB sometime!!!

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Can I just add, one thing that annoys me

IF YOUR NOT PREPARED TO WARDEN, DON'T GO CT

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePowered For This Useful Post:

[KEA]
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Mr. Purplicious     $ 0.00
    In response to number 8, CT's should honestly pay more attention to orders than the T's because they are the ones upholding the law so to speak.

Btw nice guide :P.

Kind of an addon: Communicate, tell your fellow ct's where the t's are, where they're going and where you think they might end up. It is vital to stay informed.
    [/LEFT]
    [/RIGHT]

Some old guy
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    good guide mellow, i have yet to see a guide on how to CT, its good because not many people know how to properly.
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

#UnbanCAPS2013
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Mellow     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    good guide mellow, i have yet to see a guide on how to CT, its good because not many people know how to properly.
    Thanks Guise!!! I dont think i will add any extra items into the guide unless i made a big mistake! So everyone will just have to read through replies!

And Rowdy i try to CT as much as i can, unfortunately when i play late night JB at home and cant use a mic because my house isnt the best soundwise and i don't want to wake up my family! Also my dad works shiftwork, so when he sleeps i cant use mic either!

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Great guide mate. Give the spelling a quick proof once you are sober and it will be sweet. Keep editing it as people suggest things, but its a nice structured guide and reads pretty well. Hopefully it helps out people who dont know how to CT properly. All too often when I am warden I will announce where the Ts go before I send them there just so the CTs dont fail on me :P.
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Facebook... is a jewel in the rough Facebook... is a jewel in the rough Facebook... is a jewel in the rough Facebook... is a jewel in the rough Facebook...'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

Facebook...     $ 0.00
    I GOT A MENTION EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE gw mellow

Banned
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 2.0%

sNipeZ. is a glorious beacon of light sNipeZ. is a glorious beacon of light sNipeZ. is a glorious beacon of light sNipeZ. is a glorious beacon of light sNipeZ. is a glorious beacon of light sNipeZ. is a glorious beacon of light sNipeZ.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

sNipeZ.     $ 5.00
    Nice guide. Looks good

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 75
    conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] conq     $ 0.00
    good guide merrow <3

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 743

Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Frendy     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    And I'm sorry if I failed this guide too badly! I'm fairly illiterate!!! And just returned from the pub!
    I Lol'd at this bit

Very Good Guide, I Think we have had one of these before, but i like to see others perseption of what makes a 'good guard'.

+1 mellow well done buddy

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Rooster is just really nice Rooster is just really nice Rooster is just really nice Rooster is just really nice Rooster's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Rooster     $ 0.00
    great guide mellow

im der best at der dotaaa
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 387
    xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] xxsnakeyez     $ 0.00
    that is a good guide, will help me now that i play jb abit more
    Topcat's Guide To Getting better FPS!
    To the land of Happiness ^_^
    Come Play some surf
    #7 - Surf 119.252.190.50:27133

Closed Thread

Thread Information