Thread: DtK Teamspeak Server [Info + Tutorial]

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00

Post DtK Teamspeak Server [Info + Tutorial]

Please note that we no longer use the DtK Ventrilo server, the previous ventrilo Info/Tutorial below can be ignored. Please refer to the TeamSpeak Instructions instead.

NEW IP: 45.121.211.115:10018

DtK TeamSpeak Server [Info + Tutorial]

DtK has a new Teamspeak server available to you all. You can use this for socializing with other players, war/pugs,admin meetings,etc.

Teamspeak is a voice chat client similar to Mumble and Ventrilo. It is widely used by gaming clans and guilds.

Installing and Using Teamspeak:

1. Download the Teamspeak 3 client here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

2. Install the TeamSpeak 3 client

3. Start Teamspeak , a setup wizard will help to setup your headset/mic. If the wizard does not appear , simple click Settings -> Setup Wizard

4. To connect to the DtK Teamspeak server , Click Connections -> Connect

5. Enter the server details as below:

Hostname & Port: 45.121.211.115:10018

6. To connect to the server simply press Connect at the bottom

You can also connect to the Ventrilo server by clicking on Join This Server on the Teamspeak plugin visible on the main forums:

Some Guidelines to follow when using Ventrilo / Teamspeak :

1. Do not mic spam.
    2. Do not join channels you are not supposed to be in. For e.g there might players on a PUG channel, do not join that channel if you are not in the team and disturb them.
    3. Some channels will be restricted to Admins, DtK War teams,etc.
    4. Have fun!

Squall.
    Last edited by Squall; 14-08-16 at 07:05 PM.

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    I think the Ventrilo server had a system too. I had my tags shown when I joined the server, although this might be tedious to put in for every member. Maybe just for the people who actually use TS.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

Clark♥     $ 640.00
    Quote Originally Posted by firtvid20 View Post
    I think the Ventrilo server had a system too. I had my tags shown when I joined the server, although this might be tedious to put in for every member. Maybe just for the people who actually use TS.
    Yea but that will be kinda hard wont it cause you'll only be able to give them the tag when there online?
    My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $749 ($241 with sales)
    • Games owned: 93
    • Games played: 56 (60%)
    • Hours on record: 10,002.0h

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    Quote Originally Posted by loubot69 View Post
    1- in jailbreak and probably other channels with should add a CT and T channel so people can hear whats happening, i know last in jailbreak myself and gman were just doing what other terrorists do because we couldnt hear the warden
    It seems that TS and JB don't mix very well. JB, being a roleplay mod where you have to listen a lot to what other players are saying, ideally only needs one person speaking at a time.
    It's all well and good if you want to use TS to chat while playing but it really can't be helped if you don't hear orders. Just leave the channel.

Splitting it up again for CT's and T's in TS seems redundant since that is what teamchat is for.

Just my opinion here. Having joined a couple of times while playing but leaving soon after since too much spam and shit talk and CT's chatting with T's instead of speaking ingame and wardening.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goose For This Useful Post:

Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

Clark♥     $ 640.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post

Splitting it up again for CT's and T's in TS seems redundant since that is what teamchat is for.
    Is pretty bad cause what if your a CT and your in a T channel you have to alt tab out to go into the CT channel then next map change back!!

Don't make a CT and T's channel for JB

I'm still lurking
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Clark♥ View Post
    Is pretty bad cause what if your a CT and your in a T channel you have to alt tab out to go into the CT channel then next map change back!!

Don't make a CT and T's channel for JB
    Well actually, the Ventrilo server had it so you could just join the Jailbreak channel. But also CT & T subchannels to join.

Banned
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Overall activity: 0%

RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    It seems that TS and JB don't mix very well.
    I quite agree, I have my own ts server and if I decide to play jb I find it hard to listen to orders unless everyone else in my channel is playing jb as well and even then it's still hard to listen because people start conversations about different things your just sitting there screaming, If you don't shut up i will slap you with a turkey!! xD

AVerySpecialTitle.
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 358

GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] GmanSk     $ 50.00
    It seems that TS and JB don't mix very well. JB, being a roleplay mod where you have to listen a lot to what other players are saying, ideally only needs one person speaking at a time.
    It's all well and good if you want to use TS to chat while playing but it really can't be helped if you don't hear orders. Just leave the channel.

Just my opinion here. Having joined a couple of times while playing but leaving soon after since too much spam and shit talk and CT's chatting with T's instead of speaking ingame and wardening.
    What you can do if you find it to noisy in the TS at times and hard to hear, you can set hotkeys on TS, so what you should do is have a hotkey to mute your mic / Push to talk( When you talk in game people in TS don't need to hear it ), and have one for muting your sound from TS, that might help, I have been on TS and JB, I think its fine... :3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GmanSk For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    ShotgunMaster will become famous soon enough ShotgunMaster's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] ShotgunMaster     $ 0.00
    Pro-tip: Always use push-to-talk, and try not to speak over others.

Side-note: Vent > Teamspeak > Skype

Some old guy
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    Good to see a TS server,

Side note: Rowdy > Frendy > Curl > Lunchbox
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 175

Retience is on a distinguished road Retience's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Retience     $ 10.00
    Well from what im reading TS Is a sigh or relief? Anything Beats the Awful Quality Chat CSS offers. Mind you, Skype (from a bandwith persepective) is most certainly the worst for any gamer. You want the data for the game not the un-educated "Newb" that's screaming in your ear, the one your schooling

Total Donations For

Clark♥     $ 640.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    You can also connect to the Ventrilo server by clicking on Join This Server on the Teamspeak plugin visible on the main forums:
    Squall.
    anyone else see this,^^

I'm still lurking
    Total Donations For

Yeah. Right-side of front page..

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

He probably is referring to "Ventrilo" in the quote.

We originally had a Mumble and a Ventrilo server. This guide gets edited according to what we are running currently.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using rubber bands, a potato and straws

Casual Member
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 53.0%

i pwn noobz will become famous soon enough i pwn noobz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] i pwn noobz     $ 20.00
    knight ops just kicked me from the server for no reason

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by i pwn noobz View Post
    knight ops just kicked me from the server for no reason

Hey mate, send me a PM, give me details of what happened and if you've got evidence/proof of an issue that caused the apparent kick, I'll look into it for you.
    I highly doubt it would have been just for shits & giggles, but I'm happy to help you out, just send me a PM.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    That knightops, hes ruthless! <3

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

NEW Teamspeak IP: 119.252.190.96:10018

Ignore the ip in the pictures.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post: