+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CS2 Zombies - Do you think there could be a resurgence in the upcoming years?

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 0%
    Slazenger will become famous soon enough Slazenger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Slazenger     $ 0.00

CS2 Zombies - Do you think there could be a resurgence in the upcoming years?

I'm not familiar with the core CS experience since I don't play it but I see that the game has achieved a whopping 1,000,000 playercount which is quite an amazing feat. If a even a slither of that total playerbase were exposed to custom gamemodes there could be thriving communities globally.

I hear support for community servers is lacking in CS2. Assuming it was as easy as cs:s do you think there is a demand for zombie servers and a potential for a resurgence in players?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slazenger For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    There is potential for it. Success of CS:Source and CS:GO communities was due to the abundance of modding available, mainly Sourcemod plugins. Sourcemod does not yet support CS2 and the few non Sourcemod plugins that exist are very basic and are not able to replicate CS:S and CS:GO modded servers. Given time, CS2 will likely offer 'similar' experiences of Source and GO.

That being said , if you are a zombie player from the peak CS:Source days, i don't think that experience can be replicated any more - the players and communities that made that experience no longer exist.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Well done Apple.
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 78

Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Mental     $ 30.00
    I would love for the Australian/NZ Zombie Scene to be revived, not to the glory it once held, but to a stable medium.

I 100 percent agree with Squall, The Peak Australian/NZ Zombie Scene will almost never be what it once was years ago. Not just the custom mods/maps/etc, but the community and the motivation was what made the Scene pop. Many of those players have either jumped ship to playing on EU/RU/AS servers with their 200-300 ping, or have entirely moved on from Counter-Strike in general.

With how Valve is handling the Community Server scene right now, there is very little hope (for me personally) that the CS2 Australian/NZ Zombie Scene will pop off at even a stable medium. Maybe a few players come back once SM is supported, good maps get ported, plugins fixed, etc...coolio, that's 1 week of gameplay and then we are right back to playing 200-300 ping Zombies.

Junior Admin for Server #9 CSS Nilla/Rotational: 45.121.211.55:27063

mental: Don't lie you like it when I bite your toe nails
    hambingus: WHAT THE F*CK

[4:25 PM] TRL | Cloud Freedom-Fighter: absolutely gas yourself

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mental For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 5
    AllenW00 is on a distinguished road AllenW00's Avatar
    Total Donations For

AllenW00     $ 0.00
    It would take time to bring back the CSGO ZE experience to CS2, but I still have hope on Aus CS2 ZE. Just give it another 2-3 years to port ze_santassination I guess?

Looking back on my own YouTube channel, maybe around 20-ish players for a normal game if the plugins/maps etc are finalised. I'm already sick of being long-knifed by zombies, or die from laser blades at overseas servers because of higher ping, not sure how those Aus players still enjoy 300ping Europe servers

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AllenW00 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information