+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: At what age should a man start wearing socks and sandals?

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Rubicon     $ 460.00

At what age should a man start wearing socks and sandals?

A bit random but a genuine question: most Aussies seem to mock men of a certain age wearing socks and sandals...yet there seems to be a point at which we/they think it's a good idea and happily head into town or around the caravan park wearing the combo. I've seen loads of them recently, either grey or turning grey and apparently oblivious to how stupid they look. Now, as a foreigner, it all seems a bit ludicrous, but I've always been a toe-the-line kinda guy and want to fit in with the general herd. So is there a semi-official yet unspoken age at which Auusie men are supposed to do that, or is it an internal thing where you just wake up one morning, look at yourself with the gear on and think, "this looks good" (like the lycra thing). I'm 47 this year and don't want to fall behind my demographic. It also seems to have a stronger effect on guys who wear belt pouches for their mobile phones.

Also, don't say "Never lol" because it's a lie, look around you. They're everywhere. It's like an anti-fashion virus which only affects certain people.
    I want to live forever. So far so good.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 97

snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] snapperfisho     $ 80.00
    Give it a quick try and report back to us

PadawaN
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 24.0%

emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] emre     $ 20.00
    I literally cracked up on "guys who wear belt pouches for their mobile phones". This is actually legit and the same occurring in my country and I 99% ascertain this happens within the seniors/elderly group. More so these guys are usually the ones who don't give a heck or thought on fashion statement since their younger days. It's like they are wearing for comfort, practicality reasons or simply following the herd as their peers are also wearing the same as well.

As someone who has been into fashion since young myself I find it perfectly fine with the way these guys are wearing their gears so long they are comfortable and happy with the way they feel about it. Even anything supposedly fashionable can be deemed ugly and a horrid thing to wear lol. Whether it is a "ok" or "no-no" fashion opinions, I say heck it and wear whatever you like. Fashion thing is not for everyone and it shouldn't be, just wear it rock it and be a happy confident person!
    Last edited by emre; 21-01-23 at 03:47 PM.

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I appreciate the sentiment Emre but socks and sandals isn't a fashion statement, it's a way for people who will never have sex again in their lives to recognise each other in a crowded room. Not for me thanks mate

PadawaN

emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre is a name known to all emre's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Interestingly I see young lads wearing pool slides with white socks lol. Like I said to each his own, if a guy always wear sandals with socks then
    he would jolly face the consequences of whatever may come including (no sexual encounters ) as you said. Screw that Imma just go with some
    sneakers and leather loafers for life! Classic and possibly never go wrong in most times

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 100.0%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1065.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    So is there a semi-official yet unspoken age at which Aussie men are supposed to do that, or is it an internal thing where you just wake up one morning, look at yourself with the gear on and think, "this looks good" (like the lycra thing). I'm 47 this year and don't want to fall behind my demographic. It also seems to have a stronger effect on guys who wear belt pouches for their mobile phones.

Also, don't say "Never lol" because it's a lie, look around you. They're everywhere. It's like an anti-fashion virus which only affects certain people.
    Lol Rubi, you come up with some dopey shit

Ageism is unbecoming of you my friend, how do you know that the poor buggers don't have dementia, and in that case have no bloody idea what they're wearing!

Or, they're just too damn lazy to put shoes on when nipping outside, however, if said sandal needs effort to buckle up, then I got no answer for ya

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 452

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    Despite you saying don't say never, I will say NEVER! It is utterly ridiculous at any age. Same goes for slides with or without socks. They should just be burned along with man buns. And even if the poor sods have dementia Pigsy, then the person who is caring for them should be shot for dressing them that way or allowing them to dress themselves. I don't even own a pair of sandals because they are just stupid. Either wear a damn shoe or go barefoot. Thongs are acceptable as long as you don't bloody wear socks with them.

Professional Chicken Rescuer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 90

ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] ShiftyAsian     $ 50.00
    As a socks and slide connoisseur myself, i must say i see a transitioning age from socks and slides for the younger generation, which then slowly starts shifting slowly but surely to socks and sandals, most say, when you get your 2nd kid. Although my partner says only 50 year olds and over.

Im starting to think our boss Walker wears socks and sandals and is just trying to keep it a secret.. hmmm..
    I am ShiftyAsian, your asian for every occasion
    https://comikey.com/comics/kengan-omega-manga/10/

PadawaN

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAsian View Post
    As a socks and slide connoisseur myself, i must say i see a transitioning age from socks and slides for the younger generation, which then slowly starts shifting slowly but surely to socks and sandals, most say, when you get your 2nd kid. Although my partner says only 50 year olds and over.

Im starting to think our boss Walker wears socks and sandals and is just trying to keep it a secret.. hmmm..

This comment tho lol Shifty

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 97

snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] snapperfisho     $ 80.00
    I reckon gout could be the reason for socks and sandles

Chocolate Buddha
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron has a brilliant future Samatron's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Samatron     $ 175.00
    Its nothing to do with age! You start doing it when you are ready and comfortable enough to come out to the world and say "I'm a giant douche bag and I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ how stupid i look".
    SAMATRON
    Chocolate Buddha

"Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think"
    - Buddha

"I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating."
    - Sophocles.

Senior Administrator

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sorry Shifty, but I can admit to anything as I am comfortable with who I am. But if I became ruler of the world, my very first priorities would be to round up all the man bunned, socks with slides / sandal / thongs wearing, bumbag loving meat sacks and have them all horribly and painfully exterminated. I could be persuaded I guess to keep them alive as test subjects for the fashion industry. If they like / approve something I will outlaw it 2 seconds later.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 105

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    Never too young to start, My kids hate when i go out in public so I make an extra effort to make sure i have socks and sandals on
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

Senior Administrator

Total Donations For

Squat. #1 on the list.

PadawaN

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Squat. #1 on the list.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 141
    aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] aSaP     $ 0.00
    What a read! very entertaining :-P
    My take on it all is that Rubi has started wearing socks and sandals and loves the combo but is just a little embarrassed about it hence this thread to try and justify his life choices.
    Now Crocs and socks thats the way to rock it !!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to aSaP For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 146
    JWick will become famous soon enough JWick will become famous soon enough JWick's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] JWick     $ 0.00
    Ah yes it was the pool slides I was thinking of.
    I quite often wear them around the house with socks - and while watering the front garden and my veggies out the back.
    No, however, I will not wear them out beyond my actual house.

While a quick Google search suggests that big names like: Taylor Swift, Kaia Gerber, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Gigi Hadid, Rhiannon, and Cindy Crawford wear them, I'm certainly not wearing them out in public any time soon. Besides it's like so last year ppl - 2022! Ugh!
    Lol

Still, clearly a very good chat topic Rubicon - I applaud you for getting us all to take some time out and chat about such an important topic that seems to weighing so heavily on many minds here.

I hear crocks and socks - nice.
    Socks, no jocks?
    Jocks no socks?
    Fox in socks on box on Knox?

:-)
    ~Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat~

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JWick For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Mr_Magoo is just really nice Mr_Magoo is just really nice Mr_Magoo is just really nice Mr_Magoo is just really nice Mr_Magoo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Mr_Magoo     $ 0.00
    I thought wearing socks and sandals was more an English thing then an Aussie fashion, maybe we are just catching up to the POMs

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Magoo View Post
    I thought wearing socks and sandals was more an English thing then an Aussie fashion, maybe we are just catching up to the POMs
    It'd take real dedication to wear that in a country where it pisses with rain 90% of the time and litter is ankle deep. Defo an Aussie thing, you're going to have to own it I'm afraid. No dodging the bullet on this one matey boy.

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 100.0%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1065.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    It'd take real dedication to wear that in a country where it pisses with rain 90% of the time and litter is ankle deep. Defo an Aussie thing, you're going to have to own it I'm afraid. No dodging the bullet on this one matey boy.
    Talk about deflecting here Rubi, soz bud, but everyone needs to see the real you

Rubi at 10am with can in hand!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information