+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea for ttt rule addon

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%

LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] LordGebus     $ 20.00

Idea for ttt rule addon

Something relatively trivial has caught my attention in TTT.

Innocents can freely call anybody innocent and it doesn't necessarily mean anything as people can mostly be only officially proven innocent by word of a detective. The only true way to be proven comes in 3 forms:

Calling a kos
    Getting called innocent by detective
    Getting called innocent by a proven player

In saying that, I thought it makes sense to add this rule to TTT; Detectives cannot randomly call people proven unless they have a valid reason to.

I say this because earlier today I witnessed a traitor get incorrectly proven innocent by a detective. Feels disingenuous and seems like a rule that makes so much sense, and by extension, the rule would need to apply to any other player proven innocent

Thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordGebus For This Useful Post:

<3
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 121
    quez has a spectacular aura about quez has a spectacular aura about quez has a spectacular aura about quez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] quez     $ 0.00
    I mean I would say this should be implemented.

I have encountered opportunities such as where I am proven Innocent as a Traitor because I was supposedly helping to shoot/kill a Traitor and there were 3 people left. The innocent ended up calling KOS on the other innocent which lead to an RDM.

3 years old
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 308

Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Bear.     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by quez View Post
    I mean I would say this should be implemented.

I have encountered opportunities such as where I am proven Innocent as a Traitor because I was supposedly helping to shoot/kill a Traitor and there were 3 people left. The innocent ended up calling KOS on the other innocent which lead to an RDM.

Then whoever called the kos off that info is calling a false KOS anyway. Doesn't really

Also I dont think proven players should be able to call others innocent. It becomes too much to track and keep up with for an admin perspective. If you dont know what happened in a round, how on earth are they going to know without watching a demo which is too much anyways -
    Last edited by Bear.; 16-02-21 at 08:02 PM.

:slop:
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] TayK47     $ 30.00
    TDLR: might need more clarity surrounding what/to whom someone can be considered 'proven', but ultimately it's up to the judgment of the admins because the rules cannot possibly cover every scenario.

To be completely honest there are a number of flaws in the system. A common scenario for example say there are 3 innocents (A, B, C) and 1 traitor (T) left in the round. A tased B so according to A, B is proven. A then claims to have previously killed a traitor, hence is assumed proven. A and B then present the ultimatum between C and T, pressuring the ol' "call the kos on each other". Yet B has no evidence of A being proven, and C has no evidence of either A or B being proven. Even if B or C did hear A call a kos, C still can't blindly trust that A hit their tase on B. In reality, C cannot act on any of that information unless they tased or witnessed/heard A and B kill a traitor/call a kos. C has to have their own evidence of both A and B being proven to call anything.

But it frequently happens in-game that C would succumb to A and B's pressure and kos T. This may happen because the rules aren't very clear about what considers a player 'proven', to whom, and on top of that, it is incredibly hard for admins to govern. This really needs some attention because there is nothing worse than watching some fool be convinced by a T they are proven and to call a false kos on the other innocent.

It does suck because it's yet another extra thing for the already choccas rulebook admins have to be wary of. I guess it comes down to the fact that the rules can't accommodate every scenario. There will always be grey areas purely because it's a role-playing game mode, and you cant guarantee every player will know or abide by the rulebook, simply because there is so much to learn.

EDIT: Just to relate this back to Gebus's scenario, the players shouldn't have listened to this detectives word as they personally have no evidence of the wrongly 'proven' traitor doing anything to prove themselves. Also, getting called innocent by a detective does NOT prove you to anyone but that detective. Anyone can call anyone proven, but ultimately they are only proven to the player/s that witnessed the situation that proved them.
    Last edited by TayK47; 17-02-21 at 03:44 PM. Reason: got side-tracked

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TayK47 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information