+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mg_mario_party Update!

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

mg_mario_party Update!

Hi all,

Long time no see!

Haven't been too active in the old development scene for a couple of years now, but I loaded up hammer for the first time the other day and fell back in love with it.

So naturally I wanted to updated my most popular map to fix a few bugs but add some more content and QoL shit.

This brings me to the purpose of my post.
    I have done some updates already (see change log below), but I am wanting some feedback, suggestions for Qol updates and new content ideas (new minigames).

The map has been optimised, allowing for some extra brush work to be added, so any new minigame ideas you have would be appreciated!

Change Log:
    • Converted a series of complex brushes into models.
    • Re-made some of the textures
    • Replaced some of the older portrait pictures to reduce file size back under 150mb
    • Added a new minigame: Climb race (more info below).
    • Added a new minigame: Marines VS Predators (more info below).
    • Added a button that will mute all music for the round (player who chooses the minigame may press this button).
    • Removed a few materials to lower file size.
    • Replaced most of the portraits to lower file size and give a more up-to-date picture of the games.
    • Added a new player model for FFA game modes (octodad).
    • Added a new game: Chomp Knife.

Climbing race
    Fairly straight-forward minigame. It is a race to the top while trying to avoid deadly obstacles such as:
    • Coin-blocks that push you off the edge.
    • Poles with some unwanted speed boosts.
    • Poles that can just as easily crush you, as help you across.
    • An ice tightrope protected by a moving cannon.
    • Moving lasers that guard the finish line.

Marines VS Predators
    The next game I added was Marines VS Predators. After hours and hours (and hours...and hours...) of playing with the I/O, I finally managed to re-create the game mode using only hammer (no sourcemod reliance at all, unless you want to add a flashlight).
    For those unfamiliar with the game mode, its pretty simple:
    • A number of players are selected as predators (this is determined based on a 3:1 ratio).
    • The predators are given a knife, 600 hp (with health regen), 2x speed and 30 alpha (near invisible model).
    • The rest of the players (marines) are taken into a small room and can select a primary and secondary weapon fromt he rack.
    • After 10 seconds, the game begins and each team must eliminate each other.
    I played around with filter_multi, which allows CTs and Ts to be on the same team, versing other CTs and Ts. Marines and Predators cant hurt their own team, but they can hurt each other.

Once the game ends, a winner is announced and everyone is killed (because that's the only way I could resolve the game mode due to the weird team system haha).

Oh, and there is a chain chomp that roams the grounds looking for food.

Chomp Knife
    Very simple concept. Players start on the opposite end of the map from each other.
    There are gaps filled with lava that separate platforms between them.
    A chain chomp will randomly run across one of these platforms, killing any that it touches.
    Players must knife fight to win.

If you are keen to try the map out prior to release, you can download it here. Highly recommend running it with bots as some games require players on both teams to start.

Map: https://mega.nz/file/7CYgWDrR#mfPFJz...usSlcsTD2NVWSc

Few pics of the update:

Last edited by imthenewguy; 03-01-21 at 03:43 PM.

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 99.7%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00
    Nice work bud!!

Well done Apple.
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Overall activity: 99.1%

Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Mental     $ 30.00
    Whoa out of nowhere haha, good stuff brother!

Junior Admin for Server #9 CSS Nilla/Rotational: 45.121.211.55:27063

mental: Don't lie you like it when I bite your toe nails
    hambingus: WHAT THE F*CK

[4:25 PM] TRL | Cloud Freedom-Fighter: absolutely gas yourself

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Thanks guys, any suggestions for content to add to it?

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Updated the map again. Added a new game: Chomp Knife.

Would really appreciate anyone that could give it a quick test. Mainly wanting to see if the textures are all packed correctly.

Nike Tuned ✓
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 12

diglett is a name known to all diglett is a name known to all diglett is a name known to all diglett is a name known to all diglett is a name known to all diglett is a name known to all diglett's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] diglett     $ 30.00
    Unsure if it's on my end but i can't access the map in-game. Would be nice to have this added on the MultiMode server so we can get some people to try it out

7. The Following User Says Thank You to diglett For This Useful Post:

Dedicated Mag Passer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 60

Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pass     $ 35.00
    Took a bit of testing time until I realised you could just noclip your way up to choose the map instead of bumping those blocks> mushroom> select map.

Chomp knife was great apart from the boring bots that did nothing then stand there and wait for the platform to drop. Lava worked fine, textures loaded in and chain chomp can indeed kill you
    Marines vs Predators, map loaded in fine and chain chomp kills.
    Climbing race worked okay too, textures loaded in and other things such as burning damage after a set amount of time passed and moving props functioned.
    Also tried out some other things to see if the textures loaded in like King of the Hill and Platform Peril which seemed fine.

In the end, the map ended up kicking me for suiciding too much and now I'm banned from it hehe. (I know I'll have to restart)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pass For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Pass View Post
    Took a bit of testing time until I realised you could just noclip your way up to choose the map instead of bumping those blocks> mushroom> select map.

Chomp knife was great apart from the boring bots that did nothing then stand there and wait for the platform to drop. Lava worked fine, textures loaded in and chain chomp can indeed kill you
    Marines vs Predators, map loaded in fine and chain chomp kills.
    Climbing race worked okay too, textures loaded in and other things such as burning damage after a set amount of time passed and moving props functioned.
    Also tried out some other things to see if the textures loaded in like King of the Hill and Platform Peril which seemed fine.

In the end, the map ended up kicking me for suiciding too much and now I'm banned from it hehe. (I know I'll have to restart)
    This is perfect feedback, thank you so much for taking the time!

RemoveAllIDs in the console unbans you from the server

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by diglett View Post
    Unsure if it's on my end but i can't access the map in-game. Would be nice to have this added on the MultiMode server so we can get some people to try it out
    You open the console and type
    Code:
    map mg_mario_party_v3_4

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 145

WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] WAke     $ 364.32
    it still wont load for me, in console it has this error map load failed: mg_mario_party_v3_4 not found or invalid, but comes up in map list
    thats when using console to load it

Development Team
    Total Donations For

That's very strange.
    Haven't encountered that error before.

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 99.7%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00
    FYI for potential testers, [SA] imthenewguy's mg_mario_party Update is for csgo not css!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 145

WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] WAke     $ 364.32
    Quote Originally Posted by PigSy View Post
    FYI for potential testers, [SA] imthenewguy's mg_mario_party Update is for csgo not css!
    well obviously its for csgo, who would think otherwise :P

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by WAke View Post
    well obviously its for csgo, who would think otherwise :P
    Haha!

Well it's been pushed out into the world, so we will see how people respond to it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information