+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #3 Office Event: Resonance Cascade

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Overall activity: 0%

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Rubicon     $ 460.00

#3 Office Event: Resonance Cascade

#3 Office Event

Resonance Cascade

It has been brought to our attention that the ongoing dispute over the use of the office microwave is beginning to affect staff relations and company morale. As we are unwilling, at this time, to release funds to upgrade the machine to a new and more suitable model, we encourage users to organise a rota of some kind so that everyone may be able to heat their lunches.

- Recovered Email

Four minutes, man. If it takes longer to heat than that, eat it cold. I'm not spending my entire fricking break standing in a line watching everyone else's crappy homemade rissoles revolve at the speed of slow while they yap on about how they were made. As if I give a $@*^.

- Steve, Junior Administrator

"Things were beginning to get out of hand. Some of the emails being sent around the office were incredibly polite and people were beginning to be referred to by their professional titles."

- Survivor

"And then I had a quite excellent idea which would enable me to increase the speed of the microwave by an almost impossible amount, allowing everyone's meals to be heated if not simultaneously then so close to that as to be indistinguishable. That, I thought, would allow the office routine to revert to its previous satisfactory state".

- Professor Jonathon Womble

F*ck you, Steve, I know that was aimed at me.

- Sarah, Secretary

We still haven't managed to figure out what it is that the Professor did to create this problem. The short amount of security camera footage obtained show him entering the building carrying, variously, a violin, four chickens, a barrel of what appears to be radioactive materials, a vintage telescope, and sixteen rolls of fencing wire. Surviving staff members have confirmed that he stripped both the photocopier and a number of computers down for parts - entirely against company policy, I might add - but whatever it was he did, the result was not pretty.

- Report, Office Investigative Committee

Well I think the experiment went magnificently. The results, I will confess, were not as predicted, but who else has managed to open an inter-dimensional hole on such a meager budget? Not those government-funded wastrels at Black Mesa, that's for sure. And before the explosion and uncontrollable resonance cascade, everyone had a nice hot lunch!"

- Professor Jonathon Womble

"We're not sure whether to give him a Nobel prize or fifteen years' hard labour. Either way, how the hell do we clear this mess up?"

- Government Spokesperson

The office is overrun with murderous headcrabs armed, for reasons which have nothing to do with logic or reason, with p90's, pistols and knives. The cleanup crew have yet to arrive, and the carnage is ongoing...

#3, 0ffice

Free For All event

All players with headcrab skins and a 50% speed upgrade

P90's, Pistols, Knives and Nades

Friday 23rd October
    AEST 8pm - 9pm

Last edited by Rubicon; 14-10-20 at 05:47 PM.
    I want to live forever. So far so good.

Delicious Treat
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Cupcake     $ 40.00
    I don't think this event can live up to the prologue, just quietly.

A true Half-Life story, told in the form of Fallout terminal logs. You've moved the bar, and I don't think I can jump quite that high.

#3 Office: Wednesday Night !rtd
    8:00pm Every Wednesday

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cupcake For This Useful Post:

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

That's a compliment and a half, thanks. Writing this stuff isn't a competitive sport, though - if it was you'd have stuck a knife in it by now.

Professional Chicken Rescuer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 90

ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] ShiftyAsian     $ 50.00
    I just love the marketing effort from the office events, it’s always a blast to read and I thoroughly enjoy it <3

But now that you mention a speed increase, my inner SpeedyAsian senses are tingling
    I am ShiftyAsian, your asian for every occasion
    https://comikey.com/comics/kengan-omega-manga/10/

Casual Member
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Mr_Magoo is a jewel in the rough Mr_Magoo is a jewel in the rough Mr_Magoo is a jewel in the rough Mr_Magoo is a jewel in the rough Mr_Magoo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Mr_Magoo     $ 0.00
    Wow Ruby that is an ugly looking crab on your head, you better see a doctor.

Total Donations For

That isn't me mate, sadly, I have far less hair about my upper extremity. It is worth pointing out here that Pigsy supplied the image, so fingers should probably be pointed in that direction...!
    Last edited by Rubicon; 15-10-20 at 04:27 PM.

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 99.8%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    That isn't me mate, sadly, I have far less hair about my upper extremity. It is worth pointing out here that Pigsy supplied the image, so fingers should probably be pointed in that direction...!
    C'MON Rubi don't lie. I just photoshopped it on to your head as asked

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

On tomorrow night, boys and girls.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

On tonight

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

froot
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 360

orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] orange     $ 20.00
    revolutionary
    lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to orange For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.6%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    Thanks for the event Rubi. Even though it wasn't my cup of tea, seemed to be some who rather enjoyed it. Well done, keep up the great work.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information