Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00

Post DtK Server #9 Nilla/Rotation 1 Year Anniversary

Dear DtK Community,

It was 1 year ago in June last year that Server #9 Nilla/Rotation was officially opened to the public. What once started with a handful of players has now grown into something more. In the past year we have seen the playerbase grow , growth that required the server slots to be increased, we saw the server establish it's own identity -one that is different and unique from other servers out there, we have seen the server rise up to top 4th Ranked CS:S server in Australia, we saw other servers copying the server even the name (one a existing server, one a new one) ,we saw new players coming over from other communities and players from other DtK servers who usually stuck to their own server, we saw new friendships being formed on the server, we saw new friendly rivalries formed on the server , we laughed with players when they made silly mistakes, we cheered for players as they clutched and won the round, this list could keep going on but what I am trying to say is that a lot of good things happened in this past 12 months. While not everything was all sunshine and rainbows it is important to acknowledge the good.

The server wouldn't be what it is today on it's own and with that being said:

I would like to thank the Staff (especially Pigsy, Krezand and Ajaytech) for always being there - in the server's initial setup/testing and now the daily running of the server.

Much thanks to current and former admins of Server #9 Nilla/Rotation. They do the hardest work with the least pay. You all play an important role in running the server and it is much appreciated. We Council/Staff couldn't do this on on our own, so thank you for being part of the team.

Lastly, I would like to thank the most important part of the server, the server regular players who enjoy and appreciate the server. You guys make the server, you only have to go through recent DtK applications to see this. It is only because of players like you that there is an incentive for us to continue running the server. Much love and appreciation for being part of this server family.

To celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Server #9 Nilla/Rotation, we will be giving away a $50 Steam Gift card at the end of this month. This will be awarded to the player with the most positive influence on the server - be it being helpful to players or simply being a great person all around. Decision will be made by Council/Staff and all players will be considered (members,non-members,admins, non-admins).

!dtkw will also be accessible to EVERYONE for a week starting Saturday.

What's next for Server #9 Nilla/Rotation and General things:

1. Common Issues and Solutions:

2 common issues we have seen on the server the past 12 months was that of
    a. Players not setting their rates properly and thus having a sub-optimal experience on the server. This often resulted in players with zero clue on how rates work blaming rego issues on the server. To remedy this late last month ,we started enforcing 100TICK rates on players, this will automatically change their rates to that of 100TICK settings. The downside to this is that not all players have a connection/computer that can support 100TICK rates, these players usually would have to use middleground rates to have a somewhat good experience on the server but now they are being forced to use the max value settings. Again we had no choice because of a few players ignorance.

b. Skin confusion - late last month we commissioned a modeller to create 2 sets of new VIP skins that are more similar to the original models and are easily distinguishable. All sets of custom player skins are now standardised - red for T's and dark blue for CT's. Additionally there are players who sometimes get invisible skins (less than 5% of playerbase), this is not due to custom players skins on the server. This can be attributed to a variety of reasons (e.g alt-tabbing a lot , poor connection rates , as well as changing some settings on the server can cause models to not get rendered )

There will also be newer updated guides to assist with above going up soon.

2. Competitions and Challenges Coming Soon

Expect to see bigger scale competitions pitching teams against each other and weekly challenges and Bounties on the server itself. (e.g of a Weekly challenge would be most kills with a selected weapon, e.g of weekly/monthly Bounty would be a bounty being put on a selected person and the person with most kills on that person would be declared the winner.

3. Playerbase and Toxicity

As mentioned earlier, a lot of the server's growth can be attributed to the original playerbase that was established early on. As the server grew, we saw players from other communities and servers coming here , some accustomed to a different playerbase and some with a similar playerbase. What might be fine to do on another server might not be fine to do here. With that in mind there were special considerations that were done to minimise toxicity and preserve the environment that originally grew the server. Additionally there are some players who constantly shit-talk the server and yet continue playing on it, you are welcome to your opinion however if it's affecting the experience of players on the server, expect voice mutes /bans. No one is forcing you to be on the server.

4. Slot Increase

At times the server gets full and spec have to be kicked, if this starts happening often , the server will be increased by ~2-4 or so. There is no intention of increasing slots to 40 or anything like that.

Again thanks to all those mentioned!!!

Cheers

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 0%

Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Big AL     $ 20.00
    Thank you Squall and Staff for building what is an amazing server! I count down the hours at work to rush home and play on Nilla. Thanks to all the players of the server, you all bring great vibes and I enjoy playing with you all. Cheers to another year to come!

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Big AL For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 99.8%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00
    Thanks Squall and a Happy B'Day to DtK Server #9 Nilla/Rotation!!

If nilla was a car, the rest of us are like passengers, car washers/polishers or apprentice mechanics.
    As the car owner and Head mechanic it's to you I would like to tip my hat to so Cheers Squall.

I have one suggestion to add to the bounty concept; that all Misc 6 lads have a perm bounty on their heads

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 125

Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static has a brilliant future Static's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Static     $ 60.00
    As someone who has always played CSGO, the Nilla server has been a great introduction to CSS and its community. I'm having a great time and have met a lot of great people as well. Thanks to everyone who has made the server what it is, and I look forward to more good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Bounty would be a bounty being put on a selected person
    Also, I'm suggesting my good friend LuKraz Jomes to be the first and only bounty.

Deagle for challenge weapon please, scout is ok too

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Elmo_Minnie has a spectacular aura about Elmo_Minnie has a spectacular aura about Elmo_Minnie's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Elmo_Minnie     $ 0.00
    Happy 1st Birthday Nilla!!

Thanks Squall and everyone else for maintaining such an enjoyable environment/server to play in

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elmo_Minnie For This Useful Post:

Well done Apple.
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Mental     $ 30.00
    Happy Birthday Nilla!

Thank you to the past and present staff members (Council, Staff and The Admin team) for making Nilla what it is today. As well as thank you to the regulars who make everyones days better!

I'm glad to be apart of the Admin team!

Junior Admin for Server #9 CSS Nilla/Rotational: 45.121.211.55:27063

mental: Don't lie you like it when I bite your toe nails
    hambingus: WHAT THE F*CK

[4:25 PM] TRL | Cloud Freedom-Fighter: absolutely gas yourself

Casual Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 242

PopsRevenge is just really nice PopsRevenge is just really nice PopsRevenge is just really nice PopsRevenge is just really nice PopsRevenge's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] PopsRevenge     $ 200.00
    Happy Birthday Nilla! I remember (and it doesn't seem all that long ago) when there was just Rumor and I thrashing it out during the day until it got busier way back at the beginning. Thanks to you guys that have been there from the beginning and for the DTK team to have such a cool and different server to the classic deathmatch servers. Happy to volunteer to be the bounty guy for everyone to kill. Would seem like normal lolz. Although it might make sense to have someone harder to kill hehe...

Go Nilla! And go everyone! I have had soooo much fun on this server and proud to help make and keep it such a popular server.

Really good how the admins seem to work as a team to solve things, is really good to see and know we have each others back.

Thanks all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Professional Chicken Rescuer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 90

ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] ShiftyAsian     $ 50.00
    Happy birthday to the Nilla server indeed <3

The server is a lot of fun and those who I’ve played with have made it such a blast and been really welcoming and awesome,, particularly to those who are new to the server.

Special thanks to PopsRevenge for introducing me to Nilla, I’ve had countless fun times and hope to see you all and more new faces there. If you haven’t given it a shot, give the server a try, it’s lots of fun ^_^
    I am ShiftyAsian, your asian for every occasion
    https://comikey.com/comics/kengan-omega-manga/10/

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShiftyAsian For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.6%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    Happy Birthday Nilla!. Wow 1 year already. Seems like only yesterday.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Delicious Treat
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Cupcake     $ 40.00
    Wow, a big "Thank You!" from myself, to everyone who helps the magic happen.

I'm a super-casual gamer. Until this year, my only experience with CounterStrike was a few hours of GunGame back in 2012.
    Followed by not playing CounterStrike.
    In fact, I only dropped into DTK back in March for your Office GG server!

Thanks to 'Nilla, and the fantastic supportive culture you've all worked to hard to cultivate, I've discovered a whole new game!! I've popped into a number of other Vanilla servers in the past, but the players are just toxic, or childish.

I've learned new maps, failed to learn many others, and have really enjoyed sharing my failures with teammates. You all have a good laugh, in good spirits, and that's what the game is really about for me.

So again, thank you all for working so hard to keep it that way

#3 Office: Wednesday Night !rtd
    8:00pm Every Wednesday

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cupcake For This Useful Post:

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Honestly if Elron doesn't win the $50, someones gettin' it....

Also thanks LoKriz and the rest of the admin team for making the server cool

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ham For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 145

WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] WAke     $ 364.32
    nice work!!! cheers for the effort guys

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WAke For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35

king.tonga has a spectacular aura about king.tonga has a spectacular aura about king.tonga's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] king.tonga     $ 20.00
    Happy Birthday Nilla. Like BigAL said, most days I am WFH I am counting down to play on the server. Really well run by admins and everyone gets along. To many more.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to king.tonga For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Congrats on the $50 prize and much thanks to Aries for always being a positive influence on the server.

Also on Staff/Council radar were Minnie and Wake

Thank you to both of you for your contributions to the server. you both have been inducted to the Nilla/Rotation Hall of Fame

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 99.8%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00
    Congratulations firstly to Aries for his well earned achievement and for always having a great presence on the server!

Secondly, to minnie and Wake on attaining Hall of Fame recognition on the server, well done you 2 you deserve it

Well done Apple.
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Mental     $ 30.00
    Congratulations to Mr Aries! Always a blast to play for and against!

Also,
    Congratulations to Minnie and Wake for entering the H.O.F!

Delicious Treat
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake has much to be proud of Cupcake's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Cupcake     $ 40.00
    Good old Aries! Cheers dude; and know that your hard work does not go unnoticed, even by the unwashed hordes. One cannot sneak into 'Nilla unannounced when Aries is around - he'll greet you warmly, and ask you how you're doing. Every time.

If 'Nilla were a Victorian ball, Aries would be the lady of the house. Lingering near the door, waiting to receive her guests with a smile.

Like our dear Prime-Minister, Scotty from Marketing, Aries will be dropping in to wrangle a hand-shake out of you, with or without your consent.

Congrats also to Minnie and Wake - you guys are basically part of the furniture now, yeah?

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Elmo_Minnie has a spectacular aura about Elmo_Minnie has a spectacular aura about Elmo_Minnie's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Elmo_Minnie     $ 0.00
    Congratulations Aries! You never fail to put a smile on my face when you are in game!

Thank you to the staff/council for the honour of Hall of fame and thank you to all the players for making Nilla such a great place to play!

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elmo_Minnie For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.6%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    Congrats Mister Aries!
    Congrats Minnie!
    Congrats Wake!

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 317
    aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] aries     $ 0.00
    thankyou to squall and staff for creating a fantastic server---and thankyou to all the great players who have joined in making it a competitive and fun enviorment to play on---like to thank dari joe{SIRDAKALOT}--big al {siralvente}--poppy--mental --delorus for all there help in maintaining a fun and enjoyable server

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aries For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information