Closed Thread

Thread: new map rotation

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 7.0%

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00

new map rotation

Hi All,

Good to see new maps added and some changes to the server, my only comment with the maps whilst its great to get a fresh set of maps please consider the size and nature of maps, this is GG DM which is fast paced. The average no of players is normally 7-10 and consider that when it comes to maps.

There are several maps in the current rotation that would be good if we had 20+ people else it doesnt work.

Also please bring back warm ups as it takes a bit of time to join on a map change, in the interim some players already of para.

Also please look into reducing the re-spawn time, put it to what it was originally on the server before it got changed a yr or so ago

Thanks

Del

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDel For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 0%
    lessfe269 is just really nice lessfe269 is just really nice lessfe269 is just really nice lessfe269 is just really nice lessfe269's Avatar
    Total Donations For

lessfe269     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDel View Post
    Hi All,

Good to see new maps added and some changes to the server, my only comment with the maps whilst its great to get a fresh set of maps please consider the size and nature of maps, this is GG DM which is fast paced. The average no of players is normally 7-10 and consider that when it comes to maps.

There are several maps in the current rotation that would be good if we had 20+ people else it doesnt work.

Also please bring back warm ups as it takes a bit of time to join on a map change, in the interim some players already of para.

Also please look into reducing the re-spawn time, put it to what it was originally on the server before it got changed a yr or so ago

Thanks

Del

Early this year I set up a map test server so that players/admins could submit maps to try for the new rotation. This was noted in the gun game forum and every player was given equal opportunity to have their say. Out of over 100 maps, decisions were made via a vote on said test server and this is how the new maps were chosen. If you did not read the forum and take part in this process then i suggest you try to be more active in the forum in future so you can next time. As for the maps that were chosen these are subject to be changed or removed over time. You can get in contact with myself or other admins on the server in future to voice any opinions, ideas or concerns you may have. Some of the bigger maps were added to give new players a chance of getting off their scout or awp without being knifed immediately. As for the warm up round that was not a decision made by admins.

But thank you for your concern..

Life's Dad
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Death13     $ 0.00
    maybe need to add throw knives on the big maps to make it quicker ! maps have gone back to warm up round and has a big lag up before start up ,,what to do

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331

Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Krusty Burger     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Death13 View Post
    maybe need to add throw knives on the big maps to make it quicker ! maps have gone back to warm up round and has a big lag up before start up ,,what to do
    I would suggest PM'ing the DtK Staff [S] and notifying them about server issues, that way they can provide help and notify you about steps to combat the issue.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 78
    zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] zarco     $ 0.00
    sorry ikilled warmups are lagging me out of the game or I get the count down then booted.
    I sujest getting rid of warmups.
    the one thing it has helped with is team killing when game starts the new play don't get confused with if the game has start or not

But what is very noticeable is the lag during the game its terrible in some cases its impossible to play

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 78
    zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] zarco     $ 0.00
    I would like to have extra add slots with new maps and of course with the events now happening we are getting extra players from Dust Office etc coming to play to get use to the pace of our game and maps

It would also help with the complaints we are getting from ppl in spec.... we ask first before we have to start booting

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Envy_black     $ 0.00
    Ive been having trouble getting in sometimes as well, the server gets full and people like to spectate and even when there is no one in spectate on occasion it can be hard to get a spot at particular times during the night. I do agree with you Zarco, getting rid of the warm up round has dramatically decreased the amount of team killing that happens at the start of the game, but it also means those who load their maps slower are left 1 or 2 guns behind the rest when they finally get it... bit of a pickle there.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] DirtyDeeds     $ 50.00
    Okay here is my info with regard to being timed out tonight:

Time: 1930.....Map: gg_dust

Time: 1942.....Map: gg_nano_arena

Time: 1946.....Map: gg_lego_spacetower

Time: 1954.....Map: gg_kristall_snow

Time: 2002.....wouldn't load map, logged out, then connection failed, then connected

Time: 2008.....ditto

Time: 2020.....Map: gg_snowfort

Time: 2030.....restarted Steam

Time: 2045.....Map: gg_fintrooper

Time: 2053.....Map: gg_cod4_killhouse

Time: 2059.....Map: gg_boxed_in

And I am done for the night....not much enjoyment playing half of the round with no chance of winning.

Closed Thread

Thread Information