+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DtK Custom Complete GUI

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 0%

Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Krusty Burger     $ 100.00

Lightbulb DtK Custom Complete GUI

Hey everyone,

I know I'm not apart of the DtK Dev team, however I've recently begun configuring with the CS:S source files to learn how to create custom content.

Initially I intended to create a personal custom HUD to be used primarily for the Zombie Escape gamemode; which involved altering the HUD Health and Timer to accommodate for large digit values that cannot be properly displayed on the default HUD (e.g. Health with 5 digits or a Time with 4 digits). This then lead to me rearranging the HUD completely and creating my own unique creation which modifies the: Font, Colours, HUD Element positions, Size of HUD elements, Custom HUD Icons, HUD backgrounds, Flash animations and Support for multiplayer plugins.

Whilst playing #3 Office DM today I had the brilliant idea of not only completing my HUD; but creating a Complete GUI that is thematically designed for the DtK community, which will feature a main menu screen with the DtK logo. I haven't fully decided what it will look like or what additional features I would like to implement into the GUI so I thought making a post and gaining feedback from the community will be the best solution for scaffolding how the final product will turn out.

For the time being there are still some minor adjustments I'd like to make before I release the standalone HUD and begin work on the Complete GUI aspects. So once I'm happy with how the standalone HUD looks I will release it to you guys to use and have fun with. This will also be a great opportunity for feedback, because the current state of the HUD is in no way shape or form confirmed to be how the final product will appear.

Here are some screenshots of how the HUD appears at the moment:

HUD in default state

Timer with 4 digits and Ammo with 4 digits

Health with 5 digits

Health flashes and turns blue permanently when damaged

Timer flashes red when time runs out, Health flashes red and fades in and out similarly

Let me know what you guys think, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Krusty

Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
    No worries Krusty anytime, your doing a fantastic job with it all!!
    I do like the HP being the 2 different colours as they are now, its easier to tell when your in game between you having full/maximum health and when your low on health. Also what other icons do you mean to move to the bottom of screen? Are these the bomb difusals kits? And extras like these as such?

You can only try with moving all the boxes down to the bottom and maybe giving it a test run to see if they are all compatable with one another and also fit along the bottom together.
    I cant wait to see what you HP icon will look like!! Or is this one just for you?
    I'll be editing the (.ttf) font file which contains the all HUD elements and icons, to completely remake all the Scheme Icons (C4, Defuse Kit, Shop and Hostage Rescue Zone) and edit the Health Icon. All of this will be available to the public, it won't just be exclusive to me.

I intend on moving all the scheme icons to the bottom of the screen so that they're out of the way too.

Other things I'll be editing are:
    • Scoreboard
    • Main Menu
    • Voice Chat Font
    • Plugin Fonts (e.g. entWatch/Materia Warden)
    • Server browser
    • Chat font
    • Chat text box

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 10.0%

ANZACDodgyBogan will become famous soon enough ANZACDodgyBogan's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] ANZACDodgyBogan     $ 80.00
    using it and will probably leave it as standard - Thanks Krusty.

How do I get the gun skin/colours shown above?

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by ANZACDodgyBogan View Post
    using it and will probably leave it as standard - Thanks Krusty.

How do I get the gun skin/colours shown above?
    You're welcome mate!

Also what gun skins/colours are you referring to? I can link you the specific skins I use, or compile all the skins I use into a zip file and provide a download link if you'd like.
    Last edited by Krusty Burger; 11-05-18 at 03:06 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 10.0%

ANZACDodgyBogan will become famous soon enough ANZACDodgyBogan's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] ANZACDodgyBogan     $ 80.00
    I can't get any of the glove/gun/knife skins that show in the screenshots.....

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by ANZACDodgyBogan View Post
    I can't get any of the glove/gun/knife skins that show in the screenshots.....
    That would be because the all the custom skins I use are not created by me, nor are they associated with the Custom GUI. However as I said, if you would like all the skins I use then I will make a folder with all the skins compiled together.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] YogiBear     $ 0.00
    Awsome!!

Yes I can remember you mentioning this to me in game, im pretty excited to see what designs you have come up with to apply with all the different fonts and menus

Total Donations For

Hey everyone,

I apologise for the lack of updates for a while, had lots of uni work and exams that have just finished.

So now that I have some free time I will be finishing off the GUI, which will eventually include:
    • Custom main menu background (DtK logo)

• Custom main menu edits (buttons that auto-connect to all CS:S DtK servers, edited fonts and highlight colours)

• HUD edits including: slight font edits, scheme color and icon placement changes, money bug fix, flash animation modifications

• Complete custom scoreboard

• Other font edits for: multiplayer plugins, voice chat, scoreboard and scheme icons

• Chat box edits (fonts, placement, height etc)

• Loading screen

• Server browser

• Other changes that haven't been thought of yet

If you have suggestions for specific edits for the above features, let me know!

Also if you would like a completely personalised HUD once this GUI has been completed, I will take some requests for those who ask.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 309

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Rubicon     $ 460.00
    Looks good, I'll give this a go tonight. Thanks Krusty.
    I want to live forever. So far so good.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Psycho_62     $ 20.00
    A personalised hud! Now you've got me!

And Krusty, uni and exams? Get your priorities straight boy, cs comes first, obviously...

As Yogi seems to be your best customer, the first personalised hud must go there, I bags second!

Pretty please and thank you
    Last edited by Psycho_62; 16-06-18 at 10:25 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psycho_62 For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho_62 View Post

And Krusty, uni and exams? Get your priorities straight boy, cs comes first, obviously...

As Yogi seems to be your best customer, the first personalised hud must go there, I bags second!

She seems to already enjoy the HUD as it is, so I don't know if she'll need one specifically designed for her but who knows

Also I forgot to mention that you will get the complete DtK GUI but the HUD itself will be the only thing that'll be changed (unless you'd want other edits made).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 309

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Rubicon     $ 460.00
    I just set this up and tried it offline - the HUD looks great, I'll be keeping it. Good job Krusty, thanks.

This is a bit of a random question but vaguely related to the thread - can I set up and use my own skin when playing on DtK servers? I know stuff all about mods and am thinking about having a play around with adding a few just to learn how to do it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    I just set this up and tried it offline - the HUD looks great, I'll be keeping it. Good job Krusty, thanks.

This is a bit of a random question but vaguely related to the thread - can I set up and use my own skin when playing on DtK servers? I know stuff all about mods and am thinking about having a play around with adding a few just to learn how to do it.
    Yes you can.

Custom content/skins that you place into the custom folder only apply client-side changes, so only you will be able to see the custom content that you have added. It works similarly with servers, except that all players can see server-side changes (e.g. Admin and Donator skins).

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] YogiBear     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho_62 View Post

Awww now aint you sweet for offering me first go!! Such a gentleman!

Now Krusty, im pretty happy with whatever designs you have been creating, but also very keen to see what you have coming up next! Ill deffinitely be keen to start thinking of some changes if your still willing to change to personalise to everyones choice. (Once you have finalised all your others mods first thou)

Total Donations For

Hey everyone!

It's been way too long since I've made updates to the GUI (scuse the laziness), but I've made some updates that I'm sure everyone will enjoy!

*Note: This is still incomplete and there are things that still need to be done so I will try and get around to these fixes soon.

Center Text Font Edit + Chat Font Edit

Scoreboard Edit

*Scoreboard is invisible at the moment due to the fact I'm working to make it transparent black, it will be fixed in the next version.

Font and Colour Edits: Spec Name (bottom), Plugin Font (right), Current Game Info (top right)

Another View of Scoreboard + Voice Chat Font and Design Change

Main Menu Edit: DtK Custom Background, Auto-connect to all CS:S DtK servers and Font/Colour edits for Text

What's to come:
    • Icon design edits for: C4, Defuse Kit, Shopping Cart and Hostage Zone
    • Icon colour edits: all listed above
    • Icon placement on HUD: (yet to be decided)
    • Scoreboard edits: fix invisible background, orange text will be changed to white
    • Chat: will increase the height to allow for more text to be visible, will also move chat further down the screen so it's not blocking the view
    • Other: depending on feedback, colours/fonts/anything really can be changed if people don't like the way some aspects have been edited

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ef464f...UD_v2.zip/file

Installation Instructions:
    • Locate your Counter-Strike: Source Directory -> Generally C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike

• Go inside the folder named 'custom' and paste the 'custom_hud' folder from the download zip file.

• Fire up Counter-Strike Source and enjoy!

**Important: For those who have used my past version of the GUI and wish to update to this version; make sure you delete the old version before installing the new version otherwise some files won't be overwritten and things may look messed up.

I hope you guys enjoy it! Also please leave feedback; all of it will be useful for me to fine tune the GUI for the community

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 274
    mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] mrsyogibear     $ 0.00
    Eeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!! How exciting!!!!
    I have just applied it yet again and cant wait to check it out now!!

Great work Krusty x

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsyogibear For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 99.7%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00

Thumbs up

Well done Krusty, after a quick look.... I am very impressed

Will leave feedback after gameplay

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

I might change the colour the HUD Hint Text (the little black box with text at the bottom of the screen when you damage someone or pick up a Healthkit).

I was thinking Blood Orange or a shade of Red would pop out a bit more; same goes for the multiplayer plugin text. Otherwise I can revert it back to white if you guys would prefer that.

Lemme know what you guys think

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quick Update

Hey guys,

I've fixed the scoreboard so it actually has a background now; it's transparent black so it looks a lot cleaner.

The CT colour on the scoreboard is Dark Purple and the T colour is Dark Red.

I've also modified the clan tag colour so it's Orange (to match DtK colouring).

Additionally if a player is dead, both their name and their clan tag are white.

The colours at the top of the scoreboard are now white.

Finally; I've changed the Hud Hint Text to Dark Red as well (changes both the middle text and the text on the right hand side shown in the pictures below) just because I thought it looked nicer in Red.

Scoreboard Edit

Scoreboard Colours when dead

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j58khr...UD_v3.zip/file

Enjoy!

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    This is sick.

The one thing I would say could potentially be re-looked at is the colour of the pop up message for like "Sprayed by Cuffeh" etc at the middle bottom -

I have only viewed this on Office though, so could just be the type of map, but it just seems very difficult to read - like eye straining.

Other than that, it's awesome. I love the pop up message when you first load into a server haha.

Top work.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    This is sick.

The one thing I would say could potentially be re-looked at is the colour of the pop up message for like "Sprayed by Cuffeh" etc at the middle bottom -

I have only viewed this on Office though, so could just be the type of map, but it just seems very difficult to read - like eye straining.

Other than that, it's awesome. I love the pop up message when you first load into a server haha.

Top work.
    boobies c:

Yeah lol it looks like a potato at the bottom of your screen there.

Could be due to the resolution, the font, the colouring or something else. I can make a specific edit that fixes it just for you (and anyone else who has this problem).

But thanks Cuffeh, glad you like it!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information