Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just a little suggestion :D

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%

lordalmighty will become famous soon enough lordalmighty's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] lordalmighty     $ 10.00

Lightbulb Just a little suggestion :D

Scoring and winning on games would earn players credits. Every player, donar or not will be able to access the dtkstore. Less items for normal players compared to donars. Maybe 10-20%. ALTERNATIVELY: 80% of the store would be available but 50% out of that 80% the is accessible to players, the item price would be very expensive. (Donars are given enough credits to be able to buy anything from store right? No problem for them)

Imagine one plays for few hours and gets his first item. He'll more than likely play more to enough credits for the next item in shop he desires.

In my opinion, this will make the players stay and make them wanting for more from this server. We might even have to expand total number of players from servers.

Like my suggestion? Improve my suggestion? Comment below so everyone can read.

Spreading love since 1995

hehe xd
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 74

bh11 is just really nice bh11 is just really nice bh11 is just really nice bh11 is just really nice bh11 is just really nice bh11's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] bh11     $ 70.00
    I think donators should be able to stand out of your normal crowd . if everyone had access to the store you'll eventually end up with the majority having all these items since there are lots of regular players and that'll just defeat the purpose of donator perks imo

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bh11 For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

In that case, maybe just a 10% of store or being able to change their name color, chat color and stuff like that. Small small haha

The idea is, making them stay and work towards an achievable goal. To keep the bond between the new players and server.

Former JA
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Lukas     $ 0.00
    I'd suggest just trails that they could change, therefore donators still get the majority of stuff, maybe add an extra thing for non-donators just so it's not as boring.

And for Zombies and maybe a couple other maps they really should add player models you can buy. E.g for humans they could add presidents or something like the black ops 2 zombies.
    Last edited by Lukas; 16-01-17 at 10:15 AM.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tyler     $ 112.50
    To be honest I don't think non-donators should have any extra perks. The donators are meant to stand out form the crowd. But if everyone got trails, lights, etc it wouldn't be special anymore.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler For This Useful Post:

Bhop Buddies
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94

Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Prophet     $ 90.00
    I am a donator I think this is a good idea but I think you should have to grind for at least a week just to get 1 item! Otherwise it wouldn't be fair for the donator's. However, I don't think this will be possible to do!

Obese kiddo
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 321

MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade has a reputation beyond repute MeteorBlade's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] MeteorBlade     $ 20.00
    I feel that if we give non-donators any of the perls which the donators have, it will defeat the purpose of donating as they would no longer stand out from the crowd of normal players. However the idea of buying skins with credits, seems like a good idea imo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MeteorBlade For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

No disrespect but why do some of you keep repeating the same thing? I'm not talking about giving literally everything the donars can access, sure that would 1000000% defeat the purpose of being a donar, I couldn't agree more. Then again you're just being a selfish donar who just want to stand out of crowd for himself.

Me on the other hand, I only think about expanding the server to a larger basis, "Why be just large when you can be larger?".

And I love what Lukas said. Player models would take the server to the new level.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lordalmighty For This Useful Post:

Avocado Lover
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258

Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lizzy     $ 145.99
    Perhaps new skins to be earned by dedication to the server it self is a good idea but I agree with the majority consensus that donators should be given the most perks in game because we are directly contributing to keeping the servers add free. The hall of fame is already in place to reward players for dedication to servers. I like the general purpose of your idea though. Player retention is important. Events help with that too

Casual Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 87

CamisBae is on a distinguished road CamisBae's Avatar
    Total Donations For

CamisBae     $ 40.00
    in my opinion this is not a smart idea because if you have other ways got get the donor perks that don't cost money then everyone will do it i'm a donor and the reason you donate is to stand out not to have a few extra things non donors do get perks on some servers almost every dtk server allows non donors to use !hat with is a perk that alone make you different now giving more perks away will decrease the amount of people who will actually donate.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Extremely minimal access to the store could be nice (like incredibly small, just to get a taste), but I think you would be better off introducing another form of reward for raking up game time on DTK servers.

You could set skin rewards for players that achieve a certain amount of playtime:
    - 100 hours: Special hat
    - 300 hours: Special skin
    - 500 hours: Super special skin

Other incentives could exist to drum up traffic for lower pop servers like accumulating hours at 1.5x the normal rate.

As far as I know, CS:GO does have limits to the amount of skins and props that can be pre-cached. This is affected by the map that is currently running, the store (and all models that are precached there) and other plugins that may be running on the servers, that don't run on others (zombies vs death match). Once this limit is reached, I believe the servers crash (and the limit is stupidly low).

I am unsure if there are reward systems in place for playing on the servers already, but it could be interesting to introduce something new. I know a lot of other server have this and there seems to be some success to it. It just can't compromise the financial aid that DTK currently receives from donations in any way, as that is what keeps it all running (and Old Mate Squally of course ).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Extremely minimal access to the store could be nice (like incredibly small, just to get a taste), but I think you would be better off introducing another form of reward for raking up game time on DTK servers.

You could set skin rewards for players that achieve a certain amount of playtime:
    - 100 hours: Special hat
    - 300 hours: Special skin
    - 500 hours: Super special skin

Other incentives could exist to drum up traffic for lower pop servers like accumulating hours at 1.5x the normal rate.

As far as I know, CS:GO does have limits to the amount of skins and props that can be pre-cached. This is affected by the map that is currently running, the store (and all models that are precached there) and other plugins that may be running on the servers, that don't run on others (zombies vs death match). Once this limit is reached, I believe the servers crash (and the limit is stupidly low).

I am unsure if there are reward systems in place for playing on the servers already, but it could be interesting to introduce something new. I know a lot of other server have this and there seems to be some success to it. It just can't compromise the financial aid that DTK currently receives from donations in any way, as that is what keeps it all running (and Old Mate Squally of course ).
    I guess it can't be helped but I can see you understood what I meant from the suggestion I made.
    End of the day I assume this will be a risky decision to be implemented into the system because it's not CSS.

Former JA
    Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I know that on ttt, they have a large range of masks or hats that imo aren't to cool, so my only last suggestion is just to make buyable masks/hats as the donators would still stand out a significant amount with trails/chat&nameColours/skins. Hats would just keep us simple and only affect the head area (unlockable or buyable with playtime or credits.

Another quick suggestion, map exclusive skins?
    Last edited by Lukas; 16-01-17 at 04:58 PM.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    TapCh0w will become famous soon enough TapCh0w will become famous soon enough TapCh0w's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] TapCh0w     $ 0.00
    im not sure if its best for people to play on dtk just for cosmetic appearances

:%)
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Kavemium     $ 0.00
    IF anything is given from the store, it should be a few of the items there are many of, eg glows/trails/name tags. That's my opinion

edit: actually there used to be special skins for MG on CSS for high ranked players. That is a good way of rewarding people as well.
    Last edited by Kavemium; 16-01-17 at 07:10 PM.

(◕:%)◕✿).com.au

*Note: :%) is a copyrighted meme, please do not steal it

Former JA
    Total Donations For

Tap it's not about them playing for cosmetics it's just s way to reward the people that play a lot (like me :| )

DTK's Weed Farmer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Sam is just really nice Sam is just really nice Sam is just really nice Sam is just really nice Sam's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Sam     $ 130.00
    I second anything which will provide/give free stuff to the people

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    I've always liked the system where everybody has the chance to use the !store.
    By that, Donators get full access etc. while players have to work towards unlocking parts of it.

e.g 10 hours will give you 10 credits and say a trail is 25 hours or something.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Yeah making it incredibly grindy would be good.

Depends if the current store plugin is easy to modify permissions for though.

Former JA
    Total Donations For

Considering I play like 7+ hours every day occasionally then grinding is what I like.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information