+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 0%

Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Swags     $ 50.00

Suggestions

I have to say I'm impressed with the performance of the server. It is outstanding. I have given the release a run for about 30 minutes and would like to make a few suggestions.

Refill ammo with kills (Refilling the clip of a gun after a kill). (L33T Deathmatch does this and I'm sure other people can agree with me that this is a good feature)

Add +15 HP for kills. (Again, L33T Deathmatch does this and you realise how much you miss the feature once you leave it. This just allows the players to fight to stay alive as long as possible.)

On FFA mode, team tags need to be removed eg. Player Names as friendlies on the server. (This can be quite confusing for players as it isn't as obvious to what modes are on unless you really want to pay attention to the chat. I can see people getting frustrated and I think this is a need if the server is to have multiple modes of DM.)

At the moment when I joined I wasn't quite clear on how to actually join. Maybe broadcast a constant message to the dead telling them to type respawn to join in?

Another minor suggestion is to make the round time infinite as it allows players to grind kills and practise without the interruption of the game ending.

I might be modelling this too much off L33T servers but people assume that community deathmatch servers are like that. I think their formula works well, it's just that with the L33T servers they can not handle the amount of players and it feels like a 64 tick server half the time.

I'm keen to see what other servers might be in store! Hopefully a retake server!

I will keep adding to this post when I feel like I need to make more suggestions.
    Last edited by Swags; 18-10-15 at 01:04 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swags For This Useful Post:

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 31.0%

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    To be honest you all really is to improve your Reactions and Aim for Competitive if i am correct. as you do not get meaningful ranks out of these types of servers other then HlstatsX, And in Competative you have lots of spawn time, so being instantly shot isn't going to help them at all to be honest this seems like a a selfish move just because people don't like it happening to them that they can get shot (how about move around abit then harder for spawners to see you) and just be fair and maybe give them a chance to get on the leader boards because saying if the Spawn timer was removed/lowered and then somebody isn't completely half decent, they will get destroyed and it will have a chance for them to never join our servers, and then they will spread the word, and from there, there is a possibility of the server failing.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 498
    xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] xtra.     $ 0.00
    Just noticed that it puts up a vote with two options of exactly the same thing. FFA DM. Probably worth getting rid of that

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Server used to run multiple modes and the map vote had different options. There are two options of the same thing but the end result is the same.

LeKrez James
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Been playing this server a lot recently and just wondering if there's a chance of altering the spawn protection?
    This morning, a few people have voiced that they want it removed all together while another few say they do not want it removed.

Spawn protection gives an unfair advantage to everyone else on the server and there are very few circumstances where it would provide useful/helpful. An 18 slot server with what seems to be 20+ spawns on a FFA server doesn't really need spawn protection with the current magnitude that it is set at.

Small or drastic changes could impact the server population greatly and maybe no changes should be made because this server is doing incredibly well. Judging from what people were saying this morning and the insane server numbers, it might not be even worth touching.

However I suggest:
    Spawn protection to be immediately removed upon moving
    Spawn protection timer to be reduced. (People use this invulnerability to give themselves a chance to aim and then shoot)
    Or no spawn protection at all.

For anyone that hasn't played this server yet should definitely do so!! Most definitely helps with aiming and getting better at the game, very fast paced server too.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Krezand View Post
    Been playing this server a lot recently and just wondering if there's a chance of altering the spawn protection?
    This morning, a few people have voiced that they want it removed all together while another few say they do not want it removed.

Spawn protection gives an unfair advantage to everyone else on the server and there are very few circumstances where it would provide useful/helpful. An 18 slot server with what seems to be 20+ spawns on a FFA server doesn't really need spawn protection with the current magnitude that it is set at.

Small or drastic changes could impact the server population greatly and maybe no changes should be made because this server is doing incredibly well. Judging from what people were saying this morning and the insane server numbers, it might not be even worth touching.

However I suggest:
    Spawn protection to be immediately removed upon moving
    Spawn protection timer to be reduced. (People use this invulnerability to give themselves a chance to aim and then shoot)
    Or no spawn protection at all.

For anyone that hasn't played this server yet should definitely do so!! Most definitely helps with aiming and getting better at the game, very fast paced server too.
    I just wanna bump this suggestion. I agree with Krez that spawn protection needs to be removed after moving. I know that some people have said to just "hide" when trying to fight a guy that spawned in, but that realistically isn't what you do in a FFA DM server. I dont mind the spawn protection when you're standing still, but as soon as you move or shoot, spawn protection should be removed.
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    I'm not sure if this is possible but can we maybe add in a few more spawns at A Long and "Bedroom" (i think it's called?). I feel if we add in a couple more spawns at these locations then there'll be more gunfights at long and bedroom and hopefully somewhat balance the rest of the map. At the moment, no one fights at long or bedroom because spawns are very infrequent. I think there's something like 7 spawns on B site whereas A Long and the actual 'Bedroom' locations only have 3 or 4 combined if I remember correctly.

tldr: More spawns at A Long and Bedroom to hopefully have more gunfights spread out across the map and less spawn congestion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

Join SM DM NOW!!
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 101

sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM...'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sM...     $ 5.00
    just played the server.
    100% better than playing DM Matchmaking.

The only suggestions for the server i have is to add the 15hp+ per kill..
    Also respawn protection time needs to be increased as the spawns are so random, you end up spawned in the middle of 5 people all shooting at you. This one factor almost made me RQ hahahah.

I will most likely play this server to warm up on csgo.

It keeps me on my toes at all times haha

Thanks DTK <3

Join SM DM NOW!!
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 101

sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM... has much to be proud of sM...'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sM...     $ 5.00
    dust2 csgo needs an update please consider the spawn issue to be fixed.

LeKrez James
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by sM... View Post
    dust2 csgo needs an update please consider the spawn issue to be fixed.
    whats the spawn issue

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information