Thread: Holy Jesus, less spam weapons PLEASE

Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Sky_collapsed will become famous soon enough Sky_collapsed's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00

Holy Jesus, less spam weapons PLEASE

Tonight I wanted to chill out and have some fun while the server was active but god damn, it was full of P90 spam.

Now I don't want the crutch weapons removed if that's all they can use, than whatever, but I think we should at least look at setting up another server that only allows things like the AK Galil M4A1 etc and no spam or crutch weapons like the dakdak P90/TMP Elites etc.

Would be real nice to have a server like that as it gets real annoying having to either go with P90 spam because you can't combat it, or put with getting sprayed out by crutch spray weapons.

Just a thought to give us a bit of a break from the same old spam.

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0%
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    I like p90's they're fun

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    crutch?

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by loubot69 View Post
    I like p90's they're fun
    They can be. But when there's tones of people spamming them it gets REAL annoying real quickly.

I'm not asking for them to be removed or anything I'm just making the suggestion of setting up another server that only allows the use of things like Galil AK and guns like that but removes the dakdak P90/TMP and things like the elites and so on.

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Kao     $ 0.00
    I don't understand why your complaining. There is alot of ways to reduce the percentage of being spammed with a p90.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotix^ View Post
    I don't understand why your complaining. There is alot of ways to reduce the percentage of being spammed with a p90.
    I'm fine with people using P90's.

However, it gets real annoying when there's tones of people abusing it because it's an easy weapon to use, just point and click.

I wanted to have some fun with the Galil, but with getting spammed out with heaps of P90's kinda makes it hard to do that and it forces me to either drop down to the P90 level or leave the game.

Which is why I think it'd be good to have a no spam server that removes spam weapons like the P90 TMP Dakdak elites M249 etc and leaving weapons like the FAMAS Galil M4A1 etc in.

I don't want them banned or anything on the main server, I'd just like an optional server that doesn't allow these weapons so we can have some fun without the spam weapons.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Honestly. You're playing Dust2. The most AWP-Friendly of maps :3
    Close range weapons are harder to use unless you're in tunnels.

If you took away Dualies / P90, I wouldn't play anymore :'(

Banned
    Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Kao     $ 0.00
    p90 is a moderately powerful submachine gun but it is commonly used in close quarters scenarios such as Office or Nuke due to its fast rate of fire and is certainly used when ambushing enemies. When it comes to Dust2, p90 wouldn't be the best choice due to fairly high recoil and spread and its ineffectiveness at longer ranges. So if this a problem for you, there's something wrong with the style you play in.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kao For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    p90 is a moderately powerful submachine gun but it is commonly used in close quarters scenarios such as Office or Nuke due to its fast rate of fire and is certainly used when ambushing enemies. When it comes to Dust2, p90 wouldn't be the best choice due to fairly high recoil and spread and its ineffectiveness at longer ranges. So if this a problem for you, there's something wrong with the style you play in.
    Are you kidding me? High recoil?

I've actually used that gun on nights when I'm lazy and it has low recoil and with micro bursting you can easily maintain a tight spread while moving around.

And I'm not saying to remove the P90 on the main server, I specifically said the main server wouldn't be touched, what I was suggestion is to set up another server to remove those spam crutch weapons.

I honestly wanted to play for an hour or so tonight, but after putting with that much P90 spam, I left after 15 minutes or something when the match ended and now I don't feel like playing again tonight.
    Last edited by Sky_collapsed; 17-02-14 at 09:31 PM.

Banned
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Kao     $ 0.00
    Why would we set up another server to remove spam crutch weapons? They are obviously using the weapon to their advantage which puts you in this position where you can't figure out an easy solution to your problem.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Why would we set up another server to remove spam crutch weapons? They are obviously using the weapon to their advantage which puts you in this position where you can't figure out an easy solution to your problem.
    The only solution to deal with tones of P90 spammers is to go P90 spam yourself, and I wasn't in that sort of mood, this is where having an alternative server set up to allow those of us who want to play a solid game without getting sprayed.

And to be honest, the only reason you'd spam P90 is because you are either

A: Lazy and cbf using proper weapons

B: Are bad at other weapons and need to use the P90 to be able to compete.

And judging by what I saw tonight, I'd say these people fell into category B as all they were doing was holding down LMB and pointing and hoping for the best.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    if they're so bad then you should be able to own them with your obviously superior skills

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by button View Post
    if they're so bad then you should be able to own them with your obviously superior skills
    Try dealing with three of the ♥♥♥♥ers coming around the corner pre-firing.

That's what all P90 users tend to do, which gives a small window to get that head shot, and if you miss it by 1mm you're ♥♥♥♥ed.

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_collapsed View Post
    Try dealing with three of the ♥♥♥♥ers coming around the corner pre-firing.

That's what all P90 users tend to do, which gives a small window to get that head shot, and if you miss it by 1mm you're ♥♥♥♥ed.
    If they were pre-firing, you'd know they are coming and can easily line up a headshot.

There has been a massive discussion about P90's in the past, in which most people were in favour of keeping the P90 (giving reasons). It won't be removed anytime soon.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    If they were pre-firing, you'd know they are coming and can easily line up a headshot.

There has been a massive discussion about P90's in the past, in which most people were in favour of keeping the P90 (giving reasons). It won't be removed anytime soon.
    Not really, they usually come out at you at last minute pre-firing which only gives a few ms to react respond to them.

Some times it is possible, but most of the time it isn't.

I honestly don't want them removed, people should be able to play like that if they wish, but I just wish there was a server set up to allow those of us who can't be bothered dealing with the spam these things create.

Banned
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Kao     $ 0.00
    The only solution to deal with tones of P90 spammers is to go P90 spam yourself, and I wasn't in that sort of mood, this is where having an alternative server set up to allow those of us who want to play a solid game without getting sprayed.

And to be honest, the only reason you'd spam P90 is because you are either

A: Lazy and cbf using proper weapons

B: Are bad at other weapons and need to use the P90 to be able to compete.

And judging by what I saw tonight, I'd say these people fell into category B as all they were doing was holding down LMB and pointing and hoping for the best.
    If it falls into category B, then why don't you create that as a solution and take it to your advantage. If you had decent skill, this thread wouldn't even exist.

I understand where you're coming from though. P90 is limiting users in lower-ranked skill levels and putting them in an "Elo hell" due to not learning how to properly use better weapons such as the Ak-47 or M4A1.

Would you rather be shooting at a bunch of noobs, learning completely nothing? Or would you rather compete with lower ranked players using the p90 to make things more competitive? This may be the reason to why you're getting annoyed.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    If it falls into category B, then why don't you create that as a solution and take it to your advantage. If you had decent skill, this thread wouldn't even exist.

I understand where you're coming from though. P90 is limiting users in lower-ranked skill levels and putting them in an "Elo hell" due to not learning how to properly use better weapons such as the Ak-47 or M4A1.

Would you rather be shooting at a bunch of noobs, learning completely nothing? Or would you rather compete with lower ranked players using the p90 to make things more competitive? This may be the reason to why you're getting annoyed.
    Normally I would just go P90 or dakdak spam and beat out at their own game with micro bursting the P90 which keeps spread pretty tight, but as I said, I wasn't in that mood tonight and wanted to have some fun games with the Galil, but that wasn't meant to happen tonight.

Actually, now that I remember, I did use the P90 a bit tonight, but got bored fast..

Which is why I left after the round, as I did not want to be forced into P90 spam to get rid of the other P90 spammers.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Normally I would just go P90 or dakdak spam and beat out at their own game with micro bursting the P90 which keeps spread pretty tight, but as I said, I wasn't in that mood tonight and wanted to have some fun games with the Galil, but that wasn't meant to happen tonight.

Actually, now that I remember, I did use the P90 a bit tonight, but got bored fast..

Which is why I left after the round, as I did not want to be forced into P90 spam to get rid of the other P90 spammers.
    If the P90 was "overpowered". Valve would have changed it a long time ago.

It's a weapon, there to be used.

Either deal with it or don't play.

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    The P90's are as much a part of the game as the awps and dak daks and everything else. A few people using a P90 is no more annoying than half the server camping with awps or dak dak ... it's part of the game ...
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    If the P90 was "overpowered". Valve would have changed it a long time ago.

It's a weapon, there to be used.

Either deal with it or don't play.
    I never said they were overpowered.

All I am saying is they are definitely easy mode weapons and I can deal with them by going P90 spam and spamming better, but why should I be forced to stoop to that level just to have sort of luck against them?

As I said, sometimes I just want to have some fun with the Galil without having to worry about P90 spammers and that is where having another server would be good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information