Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Window

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 0%
    zone will become famous soon enough zone will become famous soon enough zone's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] zone     $ 0.00

Window

Well the window thread closed before I got a chance to post so here is my 2 cents.

I really like the idea! Especially when the box was visible so that you could see that it was there and a no go zone.

that door on the T side is a real choke point giving campers plenty of opportunity and arguably a real advantage especially when there is more than one camper.

So nice one to the team for that!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zone For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    That is my evidence.

R.I.P RuSty
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 275

Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Slothz     $ 29.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RuStY View Post
    http://www.dying2kill.com.au/pages.php?pageid=13
    Do we even follow these rules anymore?

This Guide and its subsections are for all DTK servers, except Jail Break.

At DTK (Dying to Kill) we pride ourselves on game servers with very few in game rules. We feel every player should be able to play how they want. On allot of our Death Match server’s, player’s trial certain types of war strategies. Other communities and servers tend to place rules and restrictions on what you can and cannot do, they limit you learning certain skills and strategies so valuable in Pugs and Wars.

DTK admin are under strict guidelines, they are all aware that they do not interfere with the players that are following the very few server rules outlined here, nor should they be messing with gravity, map rotation or any general server setting.
    dont you find it hilarious how no one cares about the bloody guidelines and are busy destroying office

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothz View Post
    dont you find it hilarious how no one cares about the bloody guidelines and are busy destroying office
    I do. It's painful to watch.
    We broke our own rules.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.6%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    kissing ass gets you places.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 287
    zone will become famous soon enough zone will become famous soon enough zone's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] zone     $ 0.00
    I tend to agree with the comments about trying new ideas and hopefully some of them turn out to be good ones. No game or map is perfect and I dont think the original designers of the office map would have realised how all the subtleties of the map would be exploited by players.

And I like the idea of being part of the feedback loop and helping to develop the game / map further.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zone For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by zone View Post
    I tend to agree with the comments about trying new ideas and hopefully some of them turn out to be good ones. No game or map is perfect and I dont think the original designers of the office map would have realised how all the subtleties of the map would be exploited by players.

And I like the idea of being part of the feedback loop and helping to develop the game / map further.
    They are designed to be competitive. Which they are hence all the complaints about being murdered a certain way.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

R.I.P RuSty

Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz has a spectacular aura about Slothz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by zone View Post

Man this idea is horrible and as rusty said its breaking even dtk rules and you are killing the server

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 442

KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] KRAKEN     $ 55.00
    Ok MY opinion: Silliest idea. Pit in dust2 is totally worse than that window but everyone is fine with it. Idk why that idea even got trialled. I honestly just find it silly. Silly billy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KRAKEN For This Useful Post:

R.I.P RuSty

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by GuitaR_HerO View Post
    Ok MY opinion: Silliest idea. Pit in dust2 is totally worse than that window but everyone is fine with it. Idk why that idea even got trialled. I honestly just find it silly. Silly billy
    Guitar a box in dust man common thats a briliant idea and
    every window in office should now have box there to stop all the camping
    i have to say only a Guinness can come with such a great idea to kill office

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Pit in dust2 is totally worse than that window but everyone is fine with it. Idk why that idea even got trialled.
    The pit doesn't look directly into CT spawn though o.O

R.I.P RuSty

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOps View Post
    Well the box isn't exactly stopping camping now the ts get to camp with awps straight at ct base why no box there

KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOps View Post
    Correct. But both are camping spots. And as soon as cts go out in long, u get shot and die. And it is worse coz the only thing you see are the heads in pit, in window, u see upper torso and head and is so much closer.

Lemme put it this way:
    If you put one knight ops on the platform and another knight ops in t spawn, both have ak, who's gonna win? 50% chances for both right? I don't find the CT knight ops advantageous at all. That's why i just find it silly.

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    This is office not dust peeps. GH please msg me on fb.

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Delta For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    This is office not dust peeps. GH please msg me on fb.
    I am very aware of that Delta my buddy.

Take a seat, relax.

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Correct. But both are camping spots.
    The pit on Dust does not look directly into CT spawn.
    The window ledge on Office where people camp T spawn does....

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    I think CT knight ops is OP as he plays as CT prob 70-80% of the time... :P Not that i have looked but prove me wrong... zone could also be the same!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

JDM. Why you so pro?
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 229
    JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] JDMHungLO     $ 0.00
    ERRRRMAHGAWD. I didn't know you guys changed the window and shit.. Was on T, trying to run through that window.. Thought I was either tripping balls or lagging the ♥♥♥♥ out.. Nice way to ♥♥♥♥ with me guys!

~ JDM. Why you so pro?

DtK Server #3 Counter-Strike Source Office DM

DTK Server #12 Counter-Strike Global Offensive Deathmatch

~ Vertex :: ~

27. The Following User Says Thank You to JDMHungLO For This Useful Post:

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    Trash the box already plz..constructive idea, but unnecessary.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stan182 For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by stan182 View Post
    Trash the box already plz..constructive idea, but unnecessary.
    The T spawn window camper cube mod was disabled over 5 hours ago as it's being further modded whilst alternative solutions are also being sourced and discussed amongst the admin team.

But thanks your constructive input.

Nice in-game name BTW

PM: S [SOLO] Jenny's ballsack

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I think CT knight ops is OP as he plays as CT prob 70-80% of the time... :P Not that i have looked but prove me wrong... zone could also be the same!
    I do play as CT a lot. I really like CT's what can I say it's one of the very first things that drew me towards playing CS in the first place.

*EDIT* paragraph deleted *EDIT*

When I'm on CT and I see other CT's camping T spawn from that window ledge it annoys the hell out of me almost as much as those on the receiving end, if I could I would friendly fire them without hesitation every time.

One of my initial reasons other than the aforementioned for predominantly joining CT's was that I was getting spawn raped when I played as a T.

(sorry I'm really not that good a player and find it frustrating having to dodge window campers time and time again as soon as I spawn).

During the initial trial and lately in general I've joined T's a lot more to gain a better perspective and understanding of the Terrorist game-play dynamic and find it more enjoyable not being plucked off by an opponent I can barely see that falls back behind cover before I can get a shot off.

We're still working on a viable solution that offers the most seamless and agreeable integration onto Office.
    Last edited by Knight_Ops.; 09-04-14 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Digital footprint mitigation

Closed Thread

Thread Information