+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [VIDEO] How to render a video in sony vegas.

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 0%

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00

[VIDEO] How to render a video in sony vegas.

Hello people!

Here is a tutorial on how to render 1080p videos on sony vegas, hope you enjoy:

Items you need:
    • Sony Vegas
    • A video to render

1. First of all lets say you have a video and are ready to render it. Click File>Render as.

2. Now click on Windows Media Video V11 and 8MBPS HD... and click "Customize Template".

3. Now copy all the settings I have here, if its not there it doesnt matter.

4. Now up the top put a name with something like "Youtube 1080p Render" or similar and press the save button (little floppy disk).

5. Now click OK and make sure render loop region isn't ticked and render away.

Extra info: If you want to render at 720p just change the resolution to 1280x720. Make sure the video you are rendering was recorded at 1080p before you render it. Otherwise it will appear stretched and not HD. (The render size depends on the monitor it was recorded on).

Have fun,

Gyarados
    Last edited by Gyarados; 30-12-13 at 02:06 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gyarados For This Useful Post:

Too busy travelling the world.
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 255

Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Satalin     $ 273.71
    You forgot to mention, before you render a video that you drag the yellow markers above the timeline, drag them from start to end of what you would like render (even if there is only one video in the timeline.) If you don't do that nothing renders and when you open the file your just gonna get a black screen with no audio. Other then that alright tutorial for the basic render of any video.

"I don't know. When I came to I was abandoned in this world. An unknown sky. Not knowing where or how to get back. Not even dreaming of hope. - Merry Nightmare "
    "Do you want to know where the real hell is hiding? It’s inside your head. - Chrona"

"A sound soul…resides within a sound mind, and a sound body. - Maka Albarn"
    "The thing you wished for the most, is something you’ll never get. - Aisaka Taiga"

SS | DaChampzLegend: im gonna start shit on regs thread
    SS | DaChampzLegend: try and stop me
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: DONT ♥♥♥♥
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: ILL HAVE YOUR ASS OUT ON THE STREET
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: LITTLE ♥♥♥♥
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: IM FLEXIN MY TINY MUSCLES
    SS | DaChampzLegend: do u even know how to ping?
    | Frendy | DtK |: yes
    | Frendy | DtK |: use cmd prompt :O
    | Frendy | DtK |: i remember
    SS | DaChampzLegend: but do u know how to ping a server
    | Frendy | DtK |: finch taught me how
    SS | DaChampzLegend: ping 192.168.0.1
    | Frendy | DtK |: insted of the web address dont you just put in the ip?
    | Frendy | DtK |: No
    SS | DaChampzLegend: obvious ip is obvious
    | Frendy | DtK |: thats my local ip
    | Frendy | DtK |: im not f.u.c.kin retarded!
    SS | DaChampzLegend: thats ur ip, so u'll be pinging urself

Ahri <3

Banned

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChampzLegend View Post
    You forgot to mention, before you render a video that you drag the yellow markers above the timeline, drag them from start to end of what you would like render (even if there is only one video in the timeline.) If you don't do that nothing renders and when you open the file your just gonna get a black screen with no audio. Other then that alright tutorial for the basic render of any video.
    That would be the loop region, if you have it ticked and the yellow things are right next to each other, yea it will stuff up. If you don't have the box ticked it will render all of the stuff in the vegas file. :P

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Would it be better quality than "YouTube HD 1080p" Mp4. I've always used that, but changed the bitrate etc. I'll have to test it out.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Looks good man.

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    AVC is a better codec to use, file sizes are alot smaller

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

Banned

Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    Would it be better quality than "YouTube HD 1080p" Mp4. I've always used that, but changed the bitrate etc. I'll have to test it out.

It wouldn't really effect the quality. File sizes may differ but yea. I just use wmv because its simple and it works. The question you asked doesn't make a whole lot of sense but 1080p is the resolution not the format. :P

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyarados View Post
    It wouldn't really effect the quality. File sizes may differ but yea. I just use wmv because its simple and it works. The question you asked doesn't make a whole lot of sense but 1080p is the resolution not the format. :P
    Yeah but it depends on what type of file it renders it to. You could do 1080p but it could still be pixelated etc. If you know what I mean?

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 68

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bauxe     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyarados View Post
    Youtube HD 1080p is a preset that renders in mp4. From what I can tell, thats what he means.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bauxe For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information