Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Sign up sheet

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

Official Sign up sheet

Hi all!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the development team. This will be the perfect opportunity to learn or develop skills in different areas!

What is DtK Development Team?:
    This will be a group of dedicated DtK members collaborating on projects aimed at improving and making the overall experience on DtK servers more fun. Examples include ; creating maps, custom skins/models, mods/plugins, graphics,etc.

Who we are looking for?:
    -Mappers
    -Skinners/modelers
    -Modders
    -Graphic Designers
    -Music/Sound editors,composers,etc (broad area but basically people can who can edit/remix music for the servers e.g quake sounds - headshot, monsterkill, humiliation)
    - Video Editors (creating frag movies, server promotion videos etc)

Requirements for joining:
    You do not have to be an expert at the above mentioned roles to be considered for DT. You could be a beginner but you must be dedicated and willing to learn. Inactive members may be removed from the team.

How will this Development Team operate?:
    While participation in majority of the projects will be voluntary. DT members will be expected to fulfill needs of DtK Server's in terms of custom content (e.g maps,sounds,skins,etc). DT members have a dedicated public forum section, they will also get access to a private forum subsection to be used for discussion and collaboration purposes. Server admins will be able to request custom content from these sections.
    The development team will be given access to a test server with FTP access to test any of the projects they may be working on.

Who's in charge?:
    I have been allocated to run the Development Team with the help of TC Topcat. We will be looking to work on a series of projects among other things.

We will also be looking for people to spear head sub projects and mentors who can help educate and teach their skills to other members willing to learn.

Mentors:
    -Mapping: imthenewguy
    -skinning/modeling: to be filled
    -Modding/plugins: Squall (temp)
    -Graphics Design: to be filled
    -Music/Sound: to be filled.
    -Video editing: to be filled

How to join?:
    If you are interested in joining the Development team, please reply to this thread with the following information filled out:

Name:
    Current Development skills (ie mapping etc):
    Skill you would like to learn:
    What can you bring to the Dev team?:
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?:
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable):
    Have you got a Game Banana account?:
    Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed):

All join requests will be subject to approval. The main thing we are looking for is dedication, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and commitment. Skills can be developed over time

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all in the Dev team!

Cheers, New Guy.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Prometheus is on a distinguished road Prometheus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Prometheus     $ 0.00
    Just thought i'd let you guys know that I'm not at uni this year and so I have lots of time to work on projects if you need me in the sound department.

I was listening to some of your stuff Xenophaze sounds cool not my favourite style but i'm sure there is lots that I could learn from you

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Hey guys, happy to have the lot of you.

Sound wise - what we will need is some people to create custom sound effects more so than music as its more applicable to the map.

That being said, if you have some music that you would like to release, happy to host it on a few projects (jail break disco, mg maps etc).

Baux, would be nice to have another active mapper on the team as well. Need people whom will stick to projects they commit themselves too - don't have enough people like that at the moment.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] PwnedByNoob     $ 0.00
    Im willing to do more sound effects than music if thats what you need.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Tapatalk 2

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by PwnedByNoob View Post
    Im willing to do more sound effects than music if thats what you need.

Beauty, will get you guys access to the private section.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

yeah i'm cool with that I already have so ideas for a medieval/castle theme is we have/will make that kind of map

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Everything is on the table - the hard part is coming up with a project everyone will enjoy working on.

Casual Member
    PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob has a spectacular aura about PwnedByNoob's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I dont know if we have been added yet but I cant see the private development team section.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Just have to wait for Squally to add you to the private section.

Have made the post yesterday, can sometimes take a few days depending on how busy he is.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Hey not sure if you can see it Pwned but I cant see the private section...not sure if its on my end or what. is squall too busy with promotions atm to do it?

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

I can see it so probably you havent been added yet.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Hey not sure if you can see it Pwned but I cant see the private section...not sure if its on my end or what. is squall too busy with promotions atm to do it?
    You haven't been on any Add To list.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Forgot to add him. For some reason I still thought he was on the team but then I remembered I cleaned the list lol.

Will add him now.

Edit: Done.
    Last edited by imthenewguy; 31-03-14 at 09:29 AM.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Thanks guys

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Should have a bit of work for u and pwned for the new project if your keen

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

sounds good i'd love to start doing stuff. bit boring just sitting on my pc everyday :P

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Its a zombie map, so might get a bit of background music for some games with a darkish sort of theme, like in resident evil. Will talk more in private section though, so when you get access read through the project thread to get up to date.

HOF,Former Zombie SA and TTT JA
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Dark Necessities     $ 0.00
    Name: brittyboyshaun
    Current Development skillsetc): Video Editing
    Skill you would like to learn: Further into Video Editor
    What can you bring to the Dev team?: Dedication, willingness to learn. WOULD LOVE TO GET INTO SOCIAL MEDIA WITH DTK, FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER, YOUTUBE. I'd love to be a promoter and really grow the DTK player base
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: between 5 to 10 on average a week
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): I will try. Could not guarantee i'd be available each and every time
    Have you got a Game Banana account?: No
    Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed): I dont have a digital portfolio. I used to be an adult educator and trainer for one of previous work roles and I have a portfolio of training material but that wouldn't be of interest =P

Lurker
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 189

bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood has much to be proud of bad8lood's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] bad8lood     $ 30.00
    Name: bad8lood
    Current Development skills :skinning/moddeling (rigging and fixing models/importing models)
    Skill you would like to learn: getting my rigging to work 100% of the time and creating custom animations for models and weapons
    What can you bring to the Dev team?: someone that can help add to the donators shop and fixing any problems that may be in it already
    How much time per week would you be willing to commit to projects?: 1-4 hours ( i already do 5 hours a day when i am in the mood to work on models)
    Will you participate in group projects and voip meetings (when applicable): maybe :P
    Have you got a Game Banana account?: no cause yeh all private stuff
    Link to a portfolio (previous work you have completed): not suitable content for here >_>

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Would really love a skinner onboard. Work would mostly involve recompiling skins and minor visual edits.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Yeah happy to have you both on the team.

Not too much work at the moment for a video editor, but it does come when maps are released etc.

Modeller could certainly be handy more so for Squall and his shenanigans rather than a mapping side of things (unless you know how to make props?).

23. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information