+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rj intro

Wood butcher
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%

rjcbuilders is just really nice rjcbuilders is just really nice rjcbuilders is just really nice rjcbuilders is just really nice rjcbuilders's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] rjcbuilders     $ 41.69

Rj intro

Hey guys as you probably already know I have recently joined the dtk crew, I used to play css when growing up and have discovered that I still enjoy playing! (this is made easier to like when everyone on the server is awesome.)

so just a quick intro im a builder of 11 years I enjoy surfing in my down time or hitting up a mountain on my snow board or bike.

im mainly posting this intro as I may be of some help if anyone needs any advice or help making a decision regarding building works or just plainly how to go about things. im in no way advertising my company. (I want to be clear on that) I just thought some people would appreciate the knowledge I have acquired over the past decade. tradies can be sneaky and try to over price and rip you off. I can help with that if you think your being over charged.

long story short im here if anyone needs any help.

once again thanks for welcoming me into the community im really enjoying it so far! its greatly appreciated all of the work that the admins put in to keep this server running. so cheers for that!

anyway that's me so chow for now and see you on the server !

froot
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 360

orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] orange     $ 20.00
    Hi RJ, yes have seen you in Office. I'm not building anything, but if I ever have a question I'll shoot it over. The most building I have ever done was probably Year 10 woodwork.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orange For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Hi RJ welcome to the community, here’s a random question.

I was out inspecting a property last weekend where the owner had made numerous modifications without building approval, I'm wandering through thinking to myself

"This place is fkn dodgy"

then I noticed they’d used dollops of acrylic stud adhesive the entire length of the fence to secure the treated pine palings directly onto 70x35 H3 LOSP rails with no screws or any other fixings. I started laughing, thanked the realtor for their time and walked out. Just out of curiosity though how long do you think the palings would hold? I’m thinking 6-12 months max depending on the weather.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Redneck
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Hydrus210     $ 20.00
    How do u surf without falling into the water? . . ?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hydrus210 For This Useful Post:

Wood butcher

rjcbuilders is just really nice rjcbuilders is just really nice rjcbuilders is just really nice rjcbuilders is just really nice rjcbuilders's Avatar
    Total Donations For

knight opps !! I would steer well clear of that stud adhesive is only for bonding plasterboard or cement sheet based products it will not bond pine to pine. haha as soon as it heats up and cools down the glue would crack and let go. but if the pailings are fixed on well then there shouldn't be an issue it just means they have wasted the glue! if the fence is in ok condition if you got to it before it falls down you could potentially run through with a coil nail gun and fix it before the other system fails. or even easier just keep looking for something that requires less work !! hope that was helpful!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rjcbuilders For This Useful Post:

Wood butcher

Total Donations For

hydrus! haha ive only been surfing for a year or so, so im still learning haha im in the water more than on my board that's for sure!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rjcbuilders For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10

NedBestInAus will become famous soon enough NedBestInAus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

NedBestInAus     $ 20.00
    Thanks mate, if you want to learn how to play like a pro hit me up. I usually charge for this but I'll do it for free for a mate.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NedBestInAus For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 216
    aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] aSaP     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ops. View Post
    with no screws or any other fixings..
    HAHA I ran my own fencing contracting firm for 10+ years and never set eyes on anything this dodgy . The cost of the nails would of been less than the glue was worth so WHY?
    What RJ said was spot on though wont last.

Great job in offering your advice RJ you will be a valuable resource

15. The Following User Says Thank You to aSaP For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Best guess is the stud adhesive was left over from some other DIY plaster repair job and he just went “she’ll be right”.
    It was a pretty sad sight, the whole fence was brand new and leaning to one side because he hadn’t let the concrete set properly for the posts before loading it up. SMH

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Wood butcher

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by NedBestInAus View Post
    Thanks mate, if you want to learn how to play like a pro hit me up. I usually charge for this but I'll do it for free for a mate.
    thanks ned ill be sure to let you know when I want to get beasted

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 274
    mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] mrsyogibear     $ 0.00
    Welcome RJ, it has been great to meet you and even more fun to have a good game with ya!!
    See ya round in Office

PS. man your sooo lucky you go somewhere to surf!!! Havent been able to do that in years

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsyogibear For This Useful Post:

Wood butcher

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by mrsyogibear View Post
    Welcome RJ, it has been great to meet you and even more fun to have a good game with ya!!
    See ya round in Office

PS. man your sooo lucky you go somewhere to surf!!! Havent been able to do that in years
    haha cheers yogi. hopefully I can improve my gameplay a bit !

oh no why is that?

froot
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 360

orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange has a reputation beyond repute orange's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] orange     $ 20.00
    how about you try the new surf combat mode on sm multimode we can improve our surfing and gameplay together )))

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orange For This Useful Post:

Wood butcher

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    how about you try the new surf combat mode on sm multimode we can improve our surfing and gameplay together )))
    yea sweet youll have to invite me as I don't know which servers are which other than office haha

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 6.0%

kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] kingy     $ 10.00
    Stud Adhesive on a fence HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH, Screws/Nails would have been the same price

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kingy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Psycho_62     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ops. View Post
    Hi RJ welcome to the community, here’s a random question.

I was out inspecting a property last weekend where the owner had made numerous modifications without building approval, I'm wandering through thinking to myself

"This place is fkn dodgy"

then I noticed they’d used dollops of acrylic stud adhesive the entire length of the fence to secure the treated pine palings directly onto 70x35 H3 LOSP rails with no screws or any other fixings. I started laughing, thanked the realtor for their time and walked out. Just out of curiosity though how long do you think the palings would hold? I’m thinking 6-12 months max depending on the weather.
    We could make this a competition where everyone guesses a time frame for the palings, ops just has to keep his eye on it and let us know when they start dropping, I guess 3 months

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Psycho_62 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 216
    aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] aSaP     $ 0.00
    Its not our money so I say we make Op's buy the property that was he can keep an eye on it :-P

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aSaP For This Useful Post:

Wood butcher

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by aSaP View Post
    Its not our money so I say we make Op's buy the property that was he can keep an eye on it :-P
    haha looks like your taking one for the team night ops. this will be the biggest investment to see an outcome known to man hahaha

32. The Following User Says Thank You to rjcbuilders For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 274
    mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] mrsyogibear     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcbuilders View Post
    haha cheers yogi. hopefully I can improve my gameplay a bit !

oh no why is that?

Im still trying to improve my gameplay so we can do it together

Where I live, we have a beach but lets say you cant really surf it :/ no waves at alll....... like never.....
    Although maybe if an elephant was to jump in off the jetty could create some waves....

34. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsyogibear For This Useful Post:

Wood butcher

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by mrsyogibear View Post
    Im still trying to improve my gameplay so we can do it together

Where I live, we have a beach but lets say you cant really surf it :/ no waves at alll....... like never.....
    Although maybe if an elephant was to jump in off the jetty could create some waves....
    haha I think your gameplay is fine!

lets all chuck in for a bomber to drop a couple of elephants off in your area and well make it happen haha

36. The Following User Says Thank You to rjcbuilders For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information