Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regular -Sniper Events

#1 Shifty Scrub
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Booshti     $ 180.00

Regular -Sniper Events

-Sniper event is back!

The point of this thread is to not only keep you up to date with the next scheduled event but to give players a chance to share their feedback, ideas and experiences while participating in the event to help us make it better and to suit YOU!

It's hard for us to please everyone so the more people leaving feedback or suggesting new ideas/changes will help us fine tune the event. Here are a few ideas as to what you might like to see changed or included.

Examples:

• Suggest specific days or times that suit you
    • Holding the next event on a variation map of Dust2 that you enjoy playing on
    • The event isn't long enough or it's too long
    • You would like one to be held during a weekday/night

If any changes occur such as a different day/time or additional -Sniper events get added to the weekly roster they will also be added below.

Scheduled -Sniper events will currently not be running until further notice

Feel free to message any of the Dust2 admin if you have any other questions or issues in regards to the event.

The server will never be permanently removing/banning awps or dak daks.
    Last edited by Booshti; 26-01-16 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Updated

bear
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0%

boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] boo_boo     $ 20.00
    Hey Booshti...excellent to see a regular event every fortnight given the positive response from players..

good one!

cheers,

boo boo

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    RavenSpyder is on a distinguished road RavenSpyder's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RavenSpyder     $ 0.00
    Didn't participate in the last one, but I enjoy the concept!

I think that it should be done at a time where EVERYONE is considered (eg. People in Perth (like me) should be able to play at a suitable time with someone in NZ). For say, 6-7pm AEST should work.

Weekdays would be hard to get server numbers (as per say, I can only play on Mondays, Fridays and on the weekends). Maybe a trial will work?

I wasn't sure about how long the event went for before this (rounds or minutes?), but I think it should be around 20-30 minutes (or 5-7 4 minute casual rounds).

I believe two a fortnight is good, but not one a week persay (in as such, there could be a game played mid-week, and another on the next weekend.

The only other two maps I would want to play it on would be: cs_office and de_train (if it is on CS:S, I am not 100% sure). de_cbble is way too big and wouldn't be fun.

Just an input
    Raven

#1 Shifty Scrub

Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti has much to be proud of Booshti's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSpyder View Post
    Didn't participate in the last one, but I enjoy the concept!

I think that it should be done at a time where EVERYONE is considered (eg. People in Perth (like me) should be able to play at a suitable time with someone in NZ). For say, 6-7pm AEST should work.

Weekdays would be hard to get server numbers (as per say, I can only play on Mondays, Fridays and on the weekends). Maybe a trial will work?

I wasn't sure about how long the event went for before this (rounds or minutes?), but I think it should be around 20-30 minutes (or 5-7 4 minute casual rounds).

I believe two a fortnight is good, but not one a week persay (in as such, there could be a game played mid-week, and another on the next weekend.

The only other two maps I would want to play it on would be: cs_office and de_train (if it is on CS:S, I am not 100% sure). de_cbble is way too big and wouldn't be fun.

Just an input
    Raven
    Thanks for your input and the next scheduled event is only set as a default and that's what this thread is for, to build from that.

Since the event currently is set at once a fortnight the event will last for a few hours. The last event went for I think 4 hours and people who participated seemed to enjoy it so I think that length of time (given the fact that it's only once a fortnight) works well for a lot of people. However, if the response we get from the majority of players is that it's too long it can be reduced.

In regards to your map suggestions, the only maps that are played on this server is Dust2 or variations of Dust2 so unfortunately we won't be rotating any other maps since there are other DTK servers that serve that purpose.

With most popular events being held on weekends since that's when the server is most populated, I thought perhaps we could attract more people to play during the week by setting up one during the week as well and pretty much as you suggested rotating one week on a weekend and then the next on a weekday. Creating events like these might also encourage more people to play during the week knowing that an event is on for only a short time. If some people can make it on Saturday's but not Friday's, then the weekend event can change between those 2 days during the fortnightly rotation. If players can only play during the day and not at night then we can swap the times around. So yea I'm hoping that we can all work together to eventually come up with a system that (hopefully) suits everyone.

Also with the timezones most events recently and even the last -Sniper event I believe started around 6pm-7pm and ended around 10pm (Brisbane time). Because some states are a few hours behind, that was the reason I made it that time so people have finished work they come home and that's when they hit up some CSS so it was made late enough to allow for that. However Saturday's can be different since more people don't have work and times could be earlier. Generally though, events have always started around 5pm-7pm Brisbane time. Suggestions for other times will be noted and we will do the best we can to please everyone by changing things around a bit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    RavenSpyder is on a distinguished road RavenSpyder's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RavenSpyder     $ 0.00
    Okay thanks for the reply, I will play one as soon as possible! (can't play this week due to family function).

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSpyder View Post
    Okay thanks for the reply, I will play one as soon as possible! (can't play this week due to family function).
    No worries mate, it really has a different feel to Dust2 during the event cause you still act cautious expecting to be awped and dak dak'd lol.

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Is there any way this could be added as a vote-able option similar to random spawns on the server? So it could be done whenever the majority wants it rather then being restricted to a specific time.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    You freakin rock, Boosh

10. The Following User Says Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Quote Originally Posted by IcePowered View Post
    Is there any way this could be added as a vote-able option similar to random spawns on the server? So it could be done whenever the majority wants it rather then being restricted to a specific time.
    No.

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Delta For This Useful Post:

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    ok then, well thanks for elaborating

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Kynarllbear is on a distinguished road Kynarllbear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Kynarllbear     $ 0.00
    Love the idea booshti. What your doing it helping the sever and DTK out allot.

We could change the guns every fortnight just to switch it up a bit more. An idea is that you could do an event on a different kind of dust 2 map like indoors.
    Thanks again booshti.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by IcePowered View Post
    I looked into it and no sadly it isn't a vote-able option. That's why I had to resort to this idea. Sorry.

I was a bit late to reply lol, so what Delta said.

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by button View Post
    You freakin rock, Boosh
    Button get your butt-on Dust2. It's a shame you can't come join us for the -Sniper event but hopefully soon we will get a visit from you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Kynarllbear View Post
    Love the idea booshti. What your doing it helping the sever and DTK out allot.

We could change the guns every fortnight just to switch it up a bit more. An idea is that you could do an event on a different kind of dust 2 map like indoors.
    Thanks again booshti.
    I'll try and find out if it's possible first to change the maps while the awp and dak dak are removed for the duration of the event. I hope it is possible cause it would be pretty awesome in my opinion.

Also because this is a -Sniper event (no awps/dak daks) that's pretty much the only change you will see in terms of weapons for this event and the only thing that can't be changed otherwise we wouldn't be able to call it a -Sniper event.

But we appreciate your input and support for the server, thank you.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshti View Post
    Button get your butt-on Dust2. It's a shame you can't come join us for the -Sniper event but hopefully soon we will get a visit from you.
    I'm saving up I'll definitely be back sometime this year, haha

bear
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 44

boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] boo_boo     $ 20.00
    Come back soon Button!...I miss killing u

22. The Following User Says Thank You to boo_boo For This Useful Post:

Scout+Deagle
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 42.0%

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DertySnatchez     $ 10.00
    not usre if this is the right thread to post it on but ohwell too late now!, boosh bro that no awp no dak dak event is the best man, people were devo when it changed back haha. will/can this be a weekly event. cheers Derty

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by DertySnatchez View Post
    not usre if this is the right thread to post it on but ohwell too late now!, boosh bro that no awp no dak dak event is the best man, people were devo when it changed back haha. will/can this be a weekly event. cheers Derty
    It's definitely a possibility but I think for now maybe we will see what happens after the next scheduled event to see if there is enough demand to push it towards being weekly rather than fortnightly.

Thanks for your input, this gives us more direction and goals to aim for with future events.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 76

BattleMastah will become famous soon enough BattleMastah's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BattleMastah     $ 70.00
    We definitely need another sniper event, it was certainly more fun that the usual!
    my vote is yes.. it should be a weekly thing.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BattleMastah For This Useful Post:

#1 Shifty Scrub

Total Donations For

Due to my absence last week when the -Sniper event was meant to be held, we will be running one this Saturday. Refer to OP.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Booshti For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information