View Poll Results: Should AWP's be restricted for the public (and not DTK/Donators)?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

7 19.44%
  • No.

29 80.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Im getting Sick of AWPer's spawn traping!

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    ll_DemocracY_ll is on a distinguished road ll_DemocracY_ll's Avatar
    Total Donations For

ll_DemocracY_ll     $ 0.00

Im getting Sick of AWPer's spawn traping!

I was just playing on the DTK de_dust2 server when soemthing hit me. I then realized the only gun i was getting killed by was an AWP, i stayed on the server for a little longer only to leave because 8 people were spawn trapping the ct's. I am only asking for AWP's to be restricted for the public and only DTK members/donators be allowed to use them it would make such a difference.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0%

Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Nexoit     $ 10.00
    Ok... Well Wtf did i just read If your going to Suggest anything Suggest a Certain amount of Awps to be given to a Team or something... LOL Not for DTK members to have an advantage

One and Only
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    ThePiE has a spectacular aura about ThePiE has a spectacular aura about ThePiE's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] ThePiE     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RuStY View Post
    Lol? i was playing on dust before on terrorist and i got a little bit owned.
    Why do people who just had a terrible game have to come on the forum and have a whinge about it?
    It's because the one and only pie wasnt there for ya brah (radio) Get in postion, and wait for my go.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePiE View Post
    It's because the one and only pie wasnt there for ya brah (radio) Get in postion, and wait for my go.
    ^RuStY @ DTK Forum ( RADIO ): Roger that.
    Last edited by RuStY; 01-02-12 at 03:28 AM.

EIWWWWW
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Xplicid     $ 0.00
    5 years ago, before I quit CS:S I used to play internode's -sniper servers religiously. Was pretty much the only servers I played on.

But now Im a bit more used to the AWP I couldnt care less if they stay or go.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00
    I defiantly agree with your frustrations regarding spawn campers. thing is they dont always use awps. from pit yes, but from above on a-site it can be any weapon. Yes it makes the game less enjoyable, and even the "aimers" cant always get out of this situation. Infact most of them choose Ts anyways. I fought/argued/debated long and hard to have awps placed back on the buy menu as in my opion it

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Arkwark     $ 0.00
    Would that be very unfair to the regular public users, if only we could use awps, have you thought of what would happen, if the majority of players are awpers and they cant awp. They simply wont play right, which will make the server slowly die down which we dont want.

jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

i agree regarding spawn campers. thing is they dont necessarily use awps, usually the pit campers do. guys spawn camping a-site use any and all guns. I personally fought/argued/debated long and hard to have awps introduced to the buy menu. I felt it was the only fair way to combat awp spawn campers, and it is. Your P90s are great for close range,tunnel camping in particular, but rushing long with 4 pit awpers it will do little unfortunately. I think when on this server a player needs to adapt to the current environment, eg: lots of awpers, awp back, lots of close range battles, select an appropriate weapon. usually spawn camping can be overcome by large numbers of rushers or teamwork, which isnt a biggy on dm so meh, numbers it is

i also think that this post has been harassed/attacked by lots of typical cs arrogance and negativity. democracy is relatively new to the server? these are the very people we need to encourage and support so they stay and dont leave due to negative gameplay or negative forum activity or feedback.

thanks for your post democracy, obviously one that many have an opinion on good-luck with your gaming, and i hope to see you on the dd2 dm server often

jimmyshoes

Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Im just wondering, not bitching, why do people only complain about getting spawn camped, to be honest i hate it more when there is three-four people running p90's spraying within tunnels!

Total Donations For

oh 1 last thing, the obvious answer to this and most of the concerns regarding the dd2 dm server is pretty much the same! "RANDOM SPAWNS"

jimmyshoes

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyshoes View Post
    oh 1 last thing, the obvious answer to this and most of the concerns regarding the dd2 dm server is pretty much the same! "RANDOM SPAWNS"

jimmyshoes
    this has been brought up many times, but have people thought of, if there are full teams 20/20 of how some people might just camping on a spawn and wait people to spawn on it, even though there spawn protection, i can still see some people doing that when the server is full

[JA] - DUST2 DM ROUNDLESS
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 231
    gaston will become famous soon enough gaston's Avatar
    My office or home @ Queenstown, New Zealand
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] gaston     $ 0.00
    Umh.. tough one.. I'm an awper.. have to recognize.. .. yes there is awpers who just stay at base and thats all they do.. but this is the same as complaining about getting shot by a P90 (hey boba) haha .. maybe time to think of a new dust2 server with no awp, might help keeping those unhappy with awpers much happier Seen other servers which feature the map -sniper, meaning map with no ability to use an AWP.

McNuggets
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Fillet-o-Fish     $ 0.00
    Just chuck a few vending machines that give out AWPS like on Office.

^^PROBLEM SOLVED^^

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fillet-o-Fish For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

"YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME"

jimmyshoes

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyshoes For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Epedemic is a jewel in the rough Epedemic is a jewel in the rough Epedemic is a jewel in the rough Epedemic is a jewel in the rough Epedemic's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Epedemic     $ 0.00
    This makes me LOL....the soloution even as boba would know....the p90..
    Computer Specs
    Case: Corsair 650D
    Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR3 12GB
    Video: MSI GTX 580
    Processor: I72600k Overlcocked at 4.2GHz
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 w/ Scythe GT's
    Case Fans: BF Spectre pro's 2x120mm + 200mm
    Mouse: Logitech G500/Razer Deathadder V2 black edition
    Headset: Tritton AX 720
    Mouse Pad: Razer Scarab Expert
    Power Supply: Coolermaster Gold 1000W
    MoBo: AS ROCK X79 Extreme 4

Just started media editing.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 103
    ButtHead is on a distinguished road ButtHead's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] ButtHead     $ 0.00

spawn trap

I find being trapped in the CS base by snipers as one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I'm not saying it's actually exciting, I'm saying my life is really dull ! Cheers !

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ButtHead For This Useful Post:

[JA] - DUST2 DM ROUNDLESS
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 231
    gaston will become famous soon enough gaston's Avatar
    My office or home @ Queenstown, New Zealand
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] gaston     $ 0.00
    ahahahahaa you are crazy!

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Rykker is on a distinguished road Rykker's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] Rykker     $ 0.00
    People awping on that map is expected....just awp em back =)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rykker For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 100
    D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

D4NNY     $ 0.00
    Just suck it in, and deal with it.
    If you hop onto other DD2 DM servers, or just DD2, there will plenty of awpers.
    Just learn to aim and stop whinging buddy.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to D4NNY For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information