View Poll Results: Should AWP's be restricted for the public (and not DTK/Donators)?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

7 19.44%
  • No.

29 80.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Im getting Sick of AWPer's spawn traping!

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    ll_DemocracY_ll is on a distinguished road ll_DemocracY_ll's Avatar
    Total Donations For

ll_DemocracY_ll     $ 0.00

Im getting Sick of AWPer's spawn traping!

I was just playing on the DTK de_dust2 server when soemthing hit me. I then realized the only gun i was getting killed by was an AWP, i stayed on the server for a little longer only to leave because 8 people were spawn trapping the ct's. I am only asking for AWP's to be restricted for the public and only DTK members/donators be allowed to use them it would make such a difference.

Total Donations For

OK then don't take out awp's don't give people unfair advantages OK i can respect how its unfair but if you guys can do something just please do something about the spawn killing. it almost every time i go on there, there's always people spawn killing.

LeKrez James
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Just learn how to ♥♥♥♥ing aim, no joke it's perfectly fine. You don't see the people that can aim, complain

LeKrez James
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by xtra. View Post
    think about it, so you want the dtk members, only allowed awps and no one else? mate im fine with that but usually the dtk members are the better players so this make no sense
    Dude, I laugh. Some of the best players on dust are non dtk

LeKrez James
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

think about it, so you want the dtk members, only allowed awps and no one else? mate im fine with that but usually the dtk members are the better players so this make no sense
    Dude, I laugh. Some of the best players on dust are non dtk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 0%

Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sariи     $ 70.00
    Guys Guys, Everyone is entitled to there opinion, and quite frankly, i dont want to see people with suggestions put down so harshly, this is what the forums are about, if no one asked/enquired, then no changes can be made for the better. I hate people saying things to make people feel silly. Its not what DtK is about, and its getting worse!
    R.I.P Recoil/♥♥♥n Stab Ya Mate, you'll be missed.
    DtK Nilla Server

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sariи For This Useful Post:

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    Quote Originally Posted by ll_DemocracY_ll View Post
    I was just playing on the DTK de_dust2 server when soemthing hit me. I then realized the only gun i was getting killed by was an AWP, i stayed on the server for a little longer only to leave because 8 people were spawn trapping the ct's. I am only asking for AWP's to be restricted for the public and only DTK members/donators be allowed to use them it would make such a difference.
    I voted no because limiting the players being able to awp camp the doors etc would need to be less rank based and more number based.
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 199

Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Fishy     $ 147.00
    mate im fine with that but usually the dtk members are the better players so this make no sense
    This meaning they are likely to not use it consistently although im leaning towards yes, my issue becomes the reputation it will give DtK making non members pay to use certain guns, take the donators out of the equation and im almost happy to click yes as awp whores are a bit of an issue, i am one, bad at that too. But when we used to restrict awps (vending machine in mid), the population was lucky to hit 25/40 on a weekend!.. so at this point no..

Taking Submissions for content to be placed here.

DtK Council
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 86
    The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig. has a reputation beyond repute The Stig.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] The Stig.     $ 0.00
    Hmmmm, this has always been a very contencious issue. To ban or not ban the awp (restrict). One one hand people say it's just one of the usual guns, on the other hand it annoys the bejesus out of players when they get spawn camped hard by 2 or more awps.

I'd be happy to again trial limiting awps on the server just to see the general feedback and feel of the server, but as it has happened many times before I think the servers numbers will ultimately drop without the inclusion of the infamous AWP.

Side note to members, just because you don't agree with somebody's suggestion it does not give you the right to shoot that suggestion down...... forums are a place for open discussion so let's hear each other out and offer constructive feedback to each others suggestions.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Stig. For This Useful Post:

Started from the bottom
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Untouchable     $ 0.00
    Awp them back simple.
    PSYKER. Unity/IPGN. play.esea.net/users/820122

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 498
    xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] xtra.     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    This meaning they are likely to not use it consistently although im leaning towards yes, my issue becomes the reputation it will give DtK making non members pay to use certain guns, take the donators out of the equation and im almost happy to click yes as awp whores are a bit of an issue, i am one, bad at that too. But when we used to restrict awps (vending machine in mid), the population was lucky to hit 25/40 on a weekend!.. so at this point no..
    yeah thats exactly right, imagine a new player coming to the server and they find out that only DtK members are allowed awps, thats pretty unfair.
    its like by being accepted into to DtK you are awarded with an awp.

and krez, i know that, but i said usually, not alll

but OT: i think you just need to accept they will probably stay, and just shoot the in the face

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    Well, i must admit i am a spawn trapper on an occasion.

This is an issue, and while awps are available - always will be.
    But, its characteristic of the map at the same time, when i feel like awping, i go to dust2, as do alot of people. Its a great map for awping. It just wouldn't be the same without awps.

I also have to agree with alot of the staff and council comments.
    Forums is a place for ALL members to discuss and convey their opinions and thoughts. To shoot another member down in such a manner is not good to see.
    Lets be civil, and convey options, rather then calling people stupid for voicing an opinion that MANY players share.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Thank you all for great posts. i will admit last night when i made this post i was mad as hell, after reading through all the posts i did see one post that did change my mind about this whole thing. de_dust 2 is an AWPing map and i can't change that (obviously). However last night i just wish it could have been decent post's instead of people saying im trolling when i am clearly not, i was just trying to get my point across. Thanks for your time.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ll_DemocracY_ll For This Useful Post:

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Just go on a parra rage and kill them all.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to firtvid20 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 498
    xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] xtra.     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ll_DemocracY_ll View Post
    Thank you all for great posts. i will admit last night when i made this post i was mad as hell, after reading through all the posts i did see one post that did change my mind about this whole thing. de_dust 2 is an AWPing map and i can't change that (obviously). However last night i just wish it could have been decent post's instead of people saying im trolling when i am clearly not, i was just trying to get my point across. Thanks for your time.
    im very sorry mate if i offended you, i was just kidding

but yeah you cant really restrict awps on dust2, we tried with vending machines but it unpopulated the server so, i guess we all just need to l2aim!
    myself included!

the reason i was questioning your suggestion is because it would just be unfair to non-members, so thats all was saying. once again sorry for offending you

Total Donations For

Yeah i get your point that it would be very unfair to non DtK member's and i respect that with great honor. This whole post i will admit was me having a 'cry' i was mad at the time so don't say sorry because you were right in. i should have thought more clearly about the decision. <(^_^)>

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 327

-=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=> has a brilliant future -=Boba=F3tt=>'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] -=Boba=F3tt=>     $ 45.00
    Use a p90 to get out of the sticky situation and go mad rage with it... i know i do who ever awps meeh arrrhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Mirajane is on a distinguished road Mirajane's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Mirajane     $ 0.00
    Or just outawp the awper =p!

You know where he is aimming! You can easily pick him before he sees you =p
    Gun Game Death Match Server 4
    DM D2 Server 5

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    Can be hard on dust 2 with so many awps. I dont like that there is so many available. I think they need to bring back the awp vending machine so only 4 are available from a central point on the map. my2c

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 145

Bluetick Coonhound has much to be proud of Bluetick Coonhound has much to be proud of Bluetick Coonhound has much to be proud of Bluetick Coonhound has much to be proud of Bluetick Coonhound has much to be proud of Bluetick Coonhound has much to be proud of Bluetick Coonhound has much to be proud of Bluetick Coonhound has much to be proud of Bluetick Coonhound's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Bluetick Coonhound     $ 60.00
    maybe the solution is to set up classes similar to what was used in the old conquest days.That way there can be a limit on the number of awps being used on the server.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Battousai will become famous soon enough Battousai's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Battousai     $ 0.00
    i agree with limiting the number of available awps.
    i dont think it should be restricted to the public/donators as it would lose players.

i used to live on a dust2 no sniper DM server and it was awesome.. then it went away and now i've gone on to DM office server as it has limited awps. (no awps before?)

i would play on dust2 over office if it wasnt for all the awpers.. i much prefer an ak battle down long a or mid over a 3v1 awp pwnage...

also having a look at the list for internode servers (games.on.net) you can see most of them are -sniper, to me that's a good indicator for what most players enjoy. i don't play on them anymore cause they aren't DM.

finding a happy balance of not removing them completely and not having an unlimited amount available would be difficult but i think it would bring more enjoyment to this server..

just an opinion.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Battousai For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information