+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nilla Map Suggestions/Feedback

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 99.8%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00

Nilla Map Suggestions/Feedback

Hey all,

This is a thread for all the Nilla players to have your say about which maps you think need to be added or removed from the server custom map list.

To give some general feed back on maps whether it be some issues/glitches that need to be fixed or whether there is a newer version or variant of the map.

With all suggestions please try to use the following formats (ensure it is the correct one for your suggestions)

Clarification: variants of nilla maps are not considered for map additions!

Adding a Map
    Full Map Name:
    Map Download Link:
    Why You Think it Should Be added:

Map Removal
    Full Map Name:
    Issues With Map/Why You Think it Needs to be Removed:

Map Updates
    Full Map Name (new map):
    Current Maps Full Name:
    Map Download Link (new map):
    Why it Should replace Current Map:

Map Feedback
    Map Name:
    Opinion of Map:
    Any issues/glitches on Map:

All feed back and suggestions are helpful and appreciated. Suggestions will all be looked into and considered thoroughly.

Current Maplist Updated 9/5/23

[Classic Maps]
    cs_assault
    cs_compound
    cs_havana
    cs_italy
    cs_militia
    cs_office
    de_aztec
    de_cbble
    de_chateau
    de_dust
    de_dust2
    de_inferno
    de_nuke
    de_piranesi
    de_port
    de_prodigy
    de_tides
    de_train

[Custom Maps]
    cs_night_borough
    cs_siege_pcs
    de_asia
    de_banqiao_r2
    de_boston
    de_cache_v2_atm
    de_fedra_autumn
    de_fend
    de_frost
    de_glacier
    de_greene
    de_grit_css
    de_hiddencity
    de_insurgency_pro
    de_island_v2
    de_losttemple_pro
    de_market
    de_mirage_atm
    de_monte
    de_nighthawk_pro
    de_oldtown_beta
    de_outlaws
    de_overdrive
    de_overpass_csgo
    de_paris_subway2
    de_pharaoh
    de_pyramid
    de_red_roofs
    de_resistance_v2,1
    de_riverwalk
    de_rose
    de_rush_fix
    de_santorini
    de_scud_pro
    de_season
    de_shanty
    de_sultan2_csgo
    de_sunny
    de_tehdas_v2
    de_tuscan
    de_westcoast
    de_zoo

Last edited by PigSy; 11-09-23 at 08:28 PM.

LeKrez James
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Adding a Map
    Full map name: de_zoo
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/205967
    Why you think it should be added: A CS:GO classic, a great casual map to play on that i think would be perfect for the server.

Adding a Map
    Full map name: de_sparity
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/210203
    Why you think it should be added: It seems like a solid basic map. Bombsites are easy enough to get to for both sides, especially CT side. Bonus points for having a working minimap.

Adding a Map
    Full map name: cs_hijack
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/204474
    Why you think it should be added: Looks like a solid hostage map, a lot of detail and potentially a lot of rat spots? but should be fine once everyone learns the general layout

Adding a Map
    Full map name: de_pharaoh
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/203596
    Why you think it should be added: Great looking map, seems like it can play well too.

Adding a Map
    Full map name: de_convent
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/207061
    Why you think it should be added: Looks like a big map with a lot of open space. Not sure how it will play out but probably still worth checking out

Adding a Map
    Full map name: de_sweat
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/203188
    Why you think it should be added: Looks like an alright map. No minimap so players will have to learn where the bombsites actually are.

Adding a Map
    Full map name: de_fend
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/201285
    Why you think it should be added: Looks like a good map, players will have to learn that it is possible to use the 2nd floor catwalk on bombsite A and not the 3rd floor catwalk. Bombsite B's 2nd floor and 3rd floor catwalk can't be used. I think if players understand that and not get overwhelmed then the map could play well.

Adding a Map
    Full map name: de_gasoline
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/200797
    Why you think it should be added: Seems like a solid map

For some of the maps above they have a large file size so player FPS and server download time will have to be considered and factored into the decision making process. In saying that i am going to assume that most players will have perfectly fine FPS.

Bonus map:
    de_cbble_csgo
    https://gamebanana.com/maps/199873
    I only put this here because source cbble upsets me

Map removal
    Full map name: de_castiglion
    Issues: Plays like it should be a deathmatch map or a TTT map. The doors with the gap down the middle is a very weird design choice. No minimap.

Map removal
    Full map name: de_westwood-2017
    Issues: I think TTT and SM DM suits the westwood iterations well. The nilla map isn't fun for me, it just feels weird to play on. It's hard to get info and know where you're being shot from.

Map removal
    Full map name: de_veranda_bobpoblo
    Issues: Plays like it should be on a retakes server even though I find it cool and a nice change from the usual gameplay. Very T sided map, not a fun time for CTs if Ts are playing at a standard level.

I also want to use this post to encourage people to nominate maps often - something i definitely need to work on. A few cool maps have been added to the rotation recently, one of those maps is de_nighthawk_pro and i think that is a great addition to the server judging from the 1 game i played of it.
    Last edited by Krezand; 03-07-20 at 12:55 AM.

Monkey Crew

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Some nice maps there Krezzy, will def have a look see.

Also I agree with your removal suggestions.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    RastaM has a spectacular aura about RastaM has a spectacular aura about RastaM's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] RastaM     $ 0.00
    24/7 oilrig

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaM For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by RastaM View Post
    24/7 oilrig
    Nice Rasta, you followed the format perfectly

I can only assume you meant this map https://gamebanana.com/maps/11636 ?

We're happy to look at suggested maps but please post your suggestion in the format we ask of you, aka;

Adding a Map
    Full Map Name:
    Map Download Link:

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

LeKrez James
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Map Removal
    Full Map Name:
    de_streetwalk
    Issues: The A site is impossible to hold against snipers, same goes for taking it against snipers. The A site has no worthwhile cover or anything useful at all for the CTs. B site is difficult to hold against snipers, seems like the only viable strategy is to hide in the stairwell or the 2 corridors that allow the Ts to lurk into the site.
    It's a map that promotes awping to the highest degree because of how the map is designed. Not a very fun experience.

Map Feedback
    Map Name:
    de_scud_pro
    Opinion: It is an incredibly awkward map. Do people like it? People seem to not mind it however i personally do not like it. Does this map get voted because of familiarity, or because it's an actual good map, or both?

Map Feedback
    Map Name:
    de_gambaru
    Opinion: It is unbelievably CT sided. The map design allows CTs to not be punished by any kind of map control the Ts may have. It does not matter at all how much of the map Ts can control, that's how insanely CT sided it is. CTs can rotate between bombsites incredibly quick. The only disadvantage that i see that the CTs will ever have is that there's this weird smoke effect into A or B bombsite from CT spawn. The minimap hasn't been properly created so A site is also called B site and vice versa...
    I'm not sure if people vote it because they're familiar with it, or like it, or both.
    Last edited by Krezand; 11-07-20 at 04:48 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

Professional Chicken Rescuer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 90

ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] ShiftyAsian     $ 50.00
    Map Feedback
    Map Name:cs_east_borough
    Opinion of Map: kinda has a similar layout to de_streetwalk, being susceptible to being pinned down either the left or the right with an awp, but has a decent middle building area you can pass through which kinda makes up for it. The hostages also get camped by T's which can sometimes be difficult but sometimes the matches go alright

Map Feedback
    Map Name: cs_militia
    Opinion of Map: somewhat T sided i feel, as CT's usually get pinned as soon as you walk into the line of sight of anyone in the building and its windows, particularly with awps. and there's only really another way around through the tunnels so they got that going i guess but you still get pinned down as you get to the long part of the tunnel.

Map Feedback
    Map Name:de_prodigy
    Opinion of Map: T's always either get sniped down the long hall or get shot from all angles through the other way which is the big door, but even then the CT's have a lot more space to position themselves and just aim down the door and T's have no choice but to run and shoot. Could just be me sucking in this map but thought id throw my two cents in lol

Map Removal
    Full Map Name: cs_assault
    Issues With Map/Why You Think it Needs to be Removed: heavily t sided from all areas, whether its through both doors on the left, garry door on right or the vents at the top, and the hosties are way too out of reach imo.
    I am ShiftyAsian, your asian for every occasion
    https://comikey.com/comics/kengan-omega-manga/10/

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ShiftyAsian For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35

king.tonga has a spectacular aura about king.tonga has a spectacular aura about king.tonga's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] king.tonga     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Krezand View Post
    Map removal
    Issues: Plays like it should be a deathmatch map or a TTT map. The doors with the gap down the middle is a very weird design choice. No minimap.
    +1 for map removal, like krez said feels more deathmatch.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by king.tonga; 12-07-20 at 04:54 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king.tonga For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35

king.tonga has a spectacular aura about king.tonga has a spectacular aura about king.tonga's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] king.tonga     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAsian View Post
    Map Removal
    Issues With Map/Why You Think it Needs to be Removed: heavily t sided from all areas, whether its through both doors on the left, garry door on right or the vents at the top, and the hosties are way too out of reach imo.
    +1 on assault. Feel the map is a momentum killer when it's selected, you can go from 20 players down to 0 and takes a few rounds before players return.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king.tonga For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAsian View Post

Map Removal
    Cheers for your feedback ShiftyAsian and King.tonga, however, as this is a nilla server we can't remove the valve original/stock maps.

cs_assault
    cs_compound
    cs_havana
    cs_italy
    cs_militia
    cs_office
    de_aztec
    de_cbble
    de_chateau
    de_dust
    de_dust2
    de_inferno
    de_nuke
    de_piranesi
    de_port
    de_prodigy
    de_tides
    de_train

Only Custom Maps are up for review,

Cheers.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Professional Chicken Rescuer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 90

ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian has much to be proud of ShiftyAsian's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] ShiftyAsian     $ 50.00
    Ahhh then please disregard my feedback >_<‘

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShiftyAsian For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 145

WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] WAke     $ 364.32
    i agree with the map removals krez has put forward

Map removal

Map removal
    Full map name: de_westwood-2017
    Issues: I think TTT and SM DM suits the westwood iterations well. The nilla map isn't fun for me, it just feels weird to play on. It's hard to get info and know where you're being shot from.

Map removal
    Full map name: de_veranda_bobpoblo
    Issues: Plays like it should be on a retakes server even though I find it cool and a nice change from the usual gameplay. Very T sided map, not a fun time for CTs if Ts are playing at a standard level.

pity we cant remove assault lol

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WAke For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.6%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    I love scud pro. It's awesome.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    some of the less liked stock/nilla maps will be temporarily disabled and added back with a new conditional system (e.g they can only be played when server is low-mid populated)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 145

WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke has much to be proud of WAke's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] WAke     $ 364.32
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    some of the less liked stock/nilla maps will be temporarily disabled and added back with a new conditional system (e.g they can only be played when server is low-mid populated)
    awsome idea!!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to WAke For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366

vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain's Avatar
    Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    Map Removal
    Full Map Name: de_shutdown
    de_shutdown

Issues With Map/Why You Think it Needs to be Removed:
    This map is more T sided than Assault. It's worth just sitting in spec until the map is over.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vartain For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 40

COMRADE will become famous soon enough COMRADE's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] COMRADE     $ 40.00

First map by COMARDE

Adding a Map
    Full Map Name: cs_compoil
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/211045
    Just something new and fresh for this server.

+There are 2 more (subway) maps which are functional tho they are in demo stage.
    Last edited by COMRADE; 22-07-20 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added note

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to COMRADE For This Useful Post:

Dedicated Mag Passer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 60

Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pass     $ 35.00
    Map Removal
    Full Map Name: de_shutdown
    Issues With Map/Why You Think it Needs to be Removed: Map is heavily T sided with the T's reaching sites within a matter of moments and straight after CT's get onto one of the sites (forgot which site) despite being a small map and they end up not being able to post up and become overwhelmed. It just feels so crowded too quickly, it possesses risky angles to watch imo and is extremely more difficult if the T side were to stack one site then if the T's were to stack a site on a different map. If you were a CT on the other site you would expect the 'bomb has been planted' cue within a short amount of time. The map is small but it's convoluted and hard to keep track of where remaining T's - in this scenario at least - are with multiple tunnels, entrances/exits. My point's are a bit stretched but they are opinion nonetheless. I just straight up dislike it.

Map Removal
    Full Map Name: de_snowcapped
    Issues With Map/Why You Think it Needs to be Removed: Let's just say if you were to cut the map into sections, the majority of the sections would be suitable for a GGDM map. Full out bloodbath when the server is loaded with players with more of an rushing type experience for the T's and the likely mow down by the CT's or a coinflip because it feels too open despite buildings, trees, corridors etc. being present. And that train... who doesn't dislike the train.
    Last edited by Pass; 23-07-20 at 11:08 PM.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pass For This Useful Post:

LeKrez James
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by COMRADE View Post
    Adding a Map
    Full Map Name: cs_compoil
    Map Download Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/211045
    Just something new and fresh for this server.

+There are 2 more (subway) maps which are functional tho they are in demo stage.
    Hey Comrade, i had a look at compoil and it was very dark for me compared to the screenshots. Not sure if that is an issue or a recent design choice. https://i.imgur.com/FNPXBuf.jpg

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 40

COMRADE will become famous soon enough COMRADE's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] COMRADE     $ 40.00
    Oh wow. Something wrong with the environmental light effect. Thanks for telling me that!
    I'll fix that and reupload map soon.
    Is there anything else wrong with the map? Is radar working?
    Bv8

37. The Following User Says Thank You to COMRADE For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information