Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Server issues

Banned
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 0%

vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain's Avatar
    Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00

Server issues

Hi all

Time for mini-rant. There are a number of issues with the server now that might be fun but have basically broken it. All the mods (skins, blackjack, pong, RTD, quake sounds etc. the list is endless) are lagging the server and affecting the rego. What's the point in having a vanilla server if it's basically just a minigames on normal maps?

The last 2-3 weeks have become worse for almost all players with lag/rego issues and it could be as a result of increased demand on the server host but there are steps that could be taken such as removing all these mods to improve the gameplay.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vartain For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Thanks for providing all the necessary information to support your claims. That detailed graph showing each mod and it's ram/cpu usage as well as how much of a hit it takes on server rego was extremely useful.

Also RTD is now off the menu boys, experts have spoken.
    Last edited by Squall; 24-04-20 at 05:49 PM.

Banned

vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain's Avatar
    Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    Thanks for speaking all knowing wise one. It would be good if there was something made public about why the server is lagging in the past few weeks. Whether they're using a lot of resources or not, they're using more than is required for a server with both admins and players complaining of lag/rego issues.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vartain For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Maybe if you started off with "there are x issues happening , could it be looked into along with the times/date" it would actually help in getting it resolved if an issue exists. If you start off with silly takes well...

To date, none of the admins have come to me saying anything about rego/lag the past "2-3 weeks" . So either admins aren't doing what they should be or it's something that is supposed magically fix itself.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    I'm not trying to attack your work here, everyone appreciates everything you're doing. I'm surprised it's not been mentioned because it's said in game every day all day. I agree it is probably one of those two things.

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    Yeah i see people complain about rego all the time when they clearly miss their shots so that needs to be fixed.
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Reem will become famous soon enough Reem's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Reem     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    To date, none of the admins have come to me saying anything about rego/lag the past "2-3 weeks" . So either admins aren't doing what they should be or it's something that is supposed magically fix itself.
    I find that hard to believe as I've heard many admins complaining about rego/lag in the past 2-3 weeks. So either admins are scared to talk to you about it or they just expected it to have come from an executive decision.

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 99.7%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Reem View Post
    I find that hard to believe as I've heard many admins complaining about rego/lag in the past 2-3 weeks. So either admins are scared to talk to you about it or they just expected it to have come from an executive decision.
    I can't comment as to this week, but prior there was no server lag.

There were players including a couple of admins experiencing lag via their own net_path to the server but not due to the server. The day before I found Dust2 unplayable for me, but it was not server lag.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 311

Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sariи     $ 70.00
    I would love to see all the little helping addons be deleted. People getting 200HP cause they type something seems shit in my opinion.

Would also like to add its only my opinion and if i could not be penetrated for it that would be swell
    R.I.P Recoil/♥♥♥n Stab Ya Mate, you'll be missed.
    DtK Nilla Server

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariи For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 49

OldMateRandy has a spectacular aura about OldMateRandy has a spectacular aura about OldMateRandy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] OldMateRandy     $ 131.00
    Wow. Squall was your sarcasm in your first response necessary? I play the Nilla server regularly and I've noticed a lot of complaints about rego from players and DTK Members.

There's no need for negativity dealing with this situation, vartain was simply bringing up an issue that people have been complaining about. You could of asked for details about the problem in a much more community friendly way.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldMateRandy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Reem will become famous soon enough Reem's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Reem     $ 100.00
    Ironically the Nilla server is down whilst we are talking about this haha

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Reem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Reem View Post
    Ironically the Nilla server is down whilst we are talking about this haha
    Yeah I typed !lvl to see one of those extra add ons (CS GO ranks) and server crashed immediately.

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by OldMateRandy View Post
    Wow. Squall was your sarcasm in your first response necessary? I play the Nilla server regularly and I've noticed a lot of complaints about rego from players and DTK Members.

There's no need for negativity dealing with this situation, vartain was simply bringing up an issue that people have been complaining about. You could of asked for details about the problem in a much more community friendly way.
    I am sorry but I disagree. Vartain is a long time member here and well aware of how things work. Like i previously said, if there are issues , we are more than happy to look into them but gives us the details pertaining to the issue and not muddy the waters so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariи View Post
    I would love to see all the little helping addons be deleted. People getting 200HP cause they type something seems shit in my opinion.

Would also like to add its only my opinion and if i could not be penetrated for it that would be swell
    Please take note of this so you don't forget. Not going to happen. If you would like a mod-free experience , a popular server already exists. I don't tell you how to run your server, I would appreciate some common courtesy.

OldMateRandy has a spectacular aura about OldMateRandy has a spectacular aura about OldMateRandy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by vartain View Post
    Yeah I typed !lvl to see one of those extra add ons (CS GO ranks) and server crashed immediately.
    I highly doubt that was the reason the server went down. But I do agree, there are some mods on the server that don't really need to be there. An example being the presents that drop on players after death, and the !lvl mod is kind of just an extra, as you can check your rank on the server by typing rank.

Now, in saying this, I don't really think these extra mods would have much of an effect on the server, and people also have to realize, with the garbage going on with Covid-19, ISPs are under heavy demand, so don't be so quick to blame the server.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMateRandy For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by vartain View Post
    Server was brought down to decrease slots further and pass on some information to Streamline, but hey if it fits your agenda, all good.

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    I am sorry but I disagree. Vartain is a long time member here and well aware of how things work.

Raised it with each JA on the server nearly every day for the past few weeks and they just agreed, no action was taken. In fact I mentioned it to you in game and you said nothing. Members of all ranks I've played with lately including upto LM have agreed that there is an issue with the lag/reg on the server.

Raised this post to point out the likely issues contributing to it as more mods are added the server has become worse. It's a shame really because it is one of my fav servers to play, it's the reason I've donated at all to DTK. You can be defensive and sarcastic about it and whatever this is your dictatorship here do as you will.

Total Donations For

I am sorry but I disagree. Vartain is a long time member here and well aware of how things work. Like i previously said, if there are issues , we are more than happy to look into them but gives us the details pertaining to the issue and not muddy the waters so to speak.
    I can see where you're coming from, I guess both parties came across frustrated. I think a more friendly way of dealing with this would of been explaining to him "how" he could get more information, and the details you would need to look into the problem.

I'm not here to argue, I just want everybody to get along.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldMateRandy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 311

Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sariи     $ 70.00
    I poersonally think the rego is good. The only issue i can see is how long it takes to change maps/load etc. And of course the intermittant crashing which usally restarts pretty quickly.

Absolute Madman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 67

pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] pyra     $ 20.00
    The funniest thing about this thread is that there are still no graphs that back up the 'rego' issue? If you want Squall to help then at least assist him in identifying the lag when it occurs. Saying people are complaining doesnt really help when you dont provide anything to back it up.
    𝓅𝓎𝓇𝒶.

EX-TTT Senior Admin

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pyra For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 210

Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL is a splendid one to behold Big AL's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Big AL     $ 20.00
    Hi guys,

I'm on the admin team for Nilla CSS, I've had no complaints about the server performance or rego as of recently. It has also been fine for me on Aussie Broadband NBN. If this was regarding last weekend, well then there was maintenance happening from Streamline the host of the servers and there was some latency and outages last weekend but that has been sorted out the same day.

If you catch me on the server and you are experiencing it there and then message me in game and I can get squall and pigsy to check it out.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Big AL For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information