Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Server issues

Banned
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 0%

vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain's Avatar
    Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00

Server issues

Hi all

Time for mini-rant. There are a number of issues with the server now that might be fun but have basically broken it. All the mods (skins, blackjack, pong, RTD, quake sounds etc. the list is endless) are lagging the server and affecting the rego. What's the point in having a vanilla server if it's basically just a minigames on normal maps?

The last 2-3 weeks have become worse for almost all players with lag/rego issues and it could be as a result of increased demand on the server host but there are steps that could be taken such as removing all these mods to improve the gameplay.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vartain For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 351

Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Boarding     $ 50.00

Trouble in Terrorist Town JA
    3/8/16 - 10/9/17

24/8/20 - 29/4/21

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Boarding View Post
    Still waiting on your awesome TTT idea's Boarding

Banned

vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain's Avatar
    Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by pyra View Post
    The funniest thing about this thread is that there are still no graphs that back up the 'rego' issue? If you want Squall to help then at least assist him in identifying the lag when it occurs. Saying people are complaining doesnt really help when you dont provide anything to back it up.
    Yeah sure, give me Squall level access and I'll give you a bunch of graphs, as many graphs as you need. I could even put them in a powerpoint too. I currently have access to no graphs about the server like everyone else so I don't know where this silly expectation is coming from for graphs.

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAL View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm on the admin team for Nilla CSS, I've had no complaints about the server performance or rego as of recently. It has also been fine for me on Aussie Broadband NBN. If this was regarding last weekend, well then there was maintenance happening from Streamline the host of the servers and there was some latency and outages last weekend but that has been sorted out the same day.

If you catch me on the server and you are experiencing it there and then message me in game and I can get squall and pigsy to check it out.

Thanks for the message but I have told you (and other JAs) multiple times. I even changed my internet provider to Aussie Broadband in the past two weeks based on your advice when you mentioned it because two weeks ago my latency increased to 75-80 from 25-35 like many other people.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 351

Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Boarding     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Still waiting on your awesome TTT idea's Boarding
    Thats fked up, did you have to do me like that

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boarding For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622

Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cody2G     $ 10.00
    i'm available for personal demo reviews so that you can be told where you need to improve

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cody2G For This Useful Post:

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear. View Post
    Mate, not even sarins on your side. I think you lost this battle
    Why does it have to be a battle? Why are you making it like there's sides? I just want the server to be improved to where it was say a month ago. This is surely just a temporary issue that can be fixed. Instead this has to become some DTK politics issue rather than addressing what people that play on there every day have been complaining about. I've only made this post because it's been weeks of people saying this everyday throughout the day with nothing happening.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vartain For This Useful Post:

chkn nuggie
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 526

Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Cindy     $ 590.00
    Quote Originally Posted by vartain View Post
    Why does it have to be a battle? Why are you making it like there's sides? I just want the server to be improved to where it was say a month ago. This is surely just a temporary issue that can be fixed. Instead this has to become some DTK politics issue rather than addressing what people that play on there every day have been complaining about. I've only made this post because it's been weeks of people saying this everyday throughout the day with nothing happening.
    Maybe you should stop commenting on this thread and pm Squall/Nilla admins via steam/forums to further discuss/solve this?
    Former TTT JA & SA 13/05/18 —> 29/03/21 <33
    connect 45.121.211.203:27022

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cindy For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    so much misinformation being spread on the servers. so here goes:

- Rego issues are not always 100% server related nor is it 100% client/player related. Rego issues could be due to client/player hardware, server hardware, client/player network issue related (including player's ISP), server network related and then the upstream provider for the server. To put it simply there are no magic buttons to press to fix up rego for ALL players. If few players are having issues but others are fine, it usually points to player issues or the ISP of these players. If EVERYONE has the same issue, it usually points to the server.
    - When some players have an issue and others are fine [e.g I play fairly regularly on the server (20+ hours the past "2-3 weeks") and I am not having the issues mentioned on the server.], it becomes hard to fix these issues because there are so many variables. [is the player using proper rates, is the player's ISP having issues, is the players computer having issues, is it actually an rego issue or something else ] .Just asking to have rego fixed is a pointless exercise if there is no data to along with it.
    - Nilla runs on the best hardware possible (5.0 GHz CPU's) and the same settings as "2-3 weeks" ago
    -Randy is correct about Covid-19 and it's impact on ISP's and it also applies to game servers. There are more players on servers due to the lockdowns. All the servers were upgraded further to help with this.
    - Something that is also problematic is that a good deal of players tend to blame rego regardless of whether there is an actual rego problem or not, this includes few admins as well. This is something that has been going on since server went online and not isolated to the "past 2-3 weeks" . To a certain extent I can understand this , for example it can be embarrassing when you fail to make a kill when your whole team is spectating you or maybe it's the competitive nature of some players. So it does become hard to distinguish valid issues from the whitenoise , as you will always find at least 1 person blaming rego on the server - the server could be a supercomputer and on the best upstream provider. So yes if its common for players to blame rego on any given day when it might not be the case, don't you think it it becomes hard to identify when someone is actually having rego issue when no information is provided?

now unto mods and why I had an issue with the OP.
    - The same mods are on the server as what was "2-3 weeks" ago and also are the same mods that were running when the Vartain started playing on the server.
    - Majority of the mods are cosmetic additions and have 0 impact on rego.
    - A handful of players have started stirring up drama on the server about this, so might as well address this here.
    a. This server started the same way it currently is. It was a modded server when it first online and it still is. We did not go from being a unmodded server to a modded one, so please stop trying to say otherwise.
    b. This same handful of players questioned the name of the server so let me respond. This is our take on a nilla server. Server gameplay settings are default , things like HP, speed, bullet damage, etc are all default, all default maps are on the server rotation. The only exception to this is when we host events and mini event's like RTD's on Fridays. And then we have supplementary things like player models and sounds. These do not take away anything from the default gameplay. All models are using the default model skeletons and have the same hitboxes. sure it can take newcomers some time to get used to it but for the most part, you are shooting and killing as you would on any default server. If you paint a car with new paint and decals, it doesn't become a different car, everything is still the same under the hood.
    c. Let me iterate again - this server is our take on a nilla/rotation server. We are not emulating any other nilla/rotation server out there nor do we have any intentions to do so in the future. The server went Online 10 months ago and dare I say has been doing pretty well, it was doing well prior to covid-19 and now doing even better, we even increased the slots because it was getting filled up and regulars were not able to join.
    d. to people like Reem,Rumor and few others , as mentioned, this server has been like it is for 10 months now since it started. I don't understand why you continue playing on this server if you have issues with it being modded? This server was never unmodded , so why make comparisons? Why stir up drama on the server? Are you being forced to play on the server against your will? Why is there this unreasonable expectation to completely change the server to something it wasn't to begin with? Honestly there is already a popular server that offers what you want, why not just play there? It makes zero sense for someone to continue playing on a server that they have such issues with or do not appreciate. We have reduced slots on the server due to the off chance that some players might be having issues because their setup (computer/network/isp) cannot handle the increased data transfers due to more players, I'd just rather these slots be occupied by players who appreciate the server and not drama stirrers.

Too long didn't read version:

1. There is no magic button to fix ALL players rego.

2. If you have rego issues, check your end of things first. Your computer could be running unnecessary programs which hogging up resources, virus, outdated drivers causing fps drops, downloads hogging up the bandwidth,etc.

Are you running the proper rates for the server? Nilla is a 100TICK server which offers the best experience possible but is also demanding of your computer resources. Guide on setting up 100Tick rates here: http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...-means-for-you

net_graph (the graph that Pyra was referring to which is accessible to ALL players since it is built into Counter strike) is a great tool to help trouble shoot lag/fps/rego issues. A guide on this is found here: http://www.etcwiki.org/wiki/Counter_..._loss_and_ping

Then check your ISP, if there are issues ISP's usually have a outages/issues webpage.

If you are certain it's not on your side, then do the following:

Step 1) Download the following program & extract it: http://latency.gslnetworks.com.au/help
    Step 2) Execute it as an Administrator when you experience the issue
    Step 3) provide links to the admins who will pass it on.
    (this only works if multiple players are having the same issue and they all provide links)

3. If there is a valid issue that needs to be addressed, don't exaggerate or bring your personal agenda's into the mix. It becomes all that diffcult to address.

4. On second thought, to hell with all the RTD whingers. Most of the players who like RTD have been here from the beginning, when this server was a little baby. They played a big part in making the server what it is today. I'd rather see them happy , so RTD is back on Fridays for a few hours.

Thread Closed.
    Last edited by Squall; 26-04-20 at 04:17 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information