+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jailbreak interest?

Banned
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 0%

vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain's Avatar
    Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00

Jailbreak interest?

Hi all

So someone suggested I ask the community if you would be interested in bringing back a dedicated JB server? There are a number of people I know that play on US servers at the moment and I think DTK could fill a gap.

Let me know how often you would be playing it if it was brought back?
    Would you be interested in committing to being an admin on the server?

Just trying to gauge the interest and determine if it's worth investing resources into for DTK.

Thank you

EDIT: This post is in relation to CSS not CS:GO.
    Last edited by vartain; 05-11-19 at 09:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vartain For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 99.8%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00
    It might be worth having a jailbreak night once a week on our multimode server for a few weeks, to gauge proper interest. I'm sure the admins from server #2 could accommodate.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 444

Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Frendy     $ 20.00
    I would be in 100% as an EX JB admin it honestly was so much fun and enjoyment, +1 if theres enough community interest

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frendy For This Useful Post:

Banned

vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain has a reputation beyond repute vartain's Avatar
    Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    The problem with doing one off nights which have been tried before is it needs the community to be built up. JB night events require marketing and perfect timing for everyone which is where they fail. Throw in re-learning rules which vary from server to server, and certainly anyone that plays JB currently (on US or UK) knows a different set of rules to what DTK used.

I'm thinking using the multimode server will fail unless for the time it is on the server is renamed to JB or the only interest you will have will be from DTK members aware of it. Even then when it's changed back to normal multimode people outside of DTK won't know that DTK have anything happening. For it to succeed I think it has to start off with its own server.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Psycho_62     $ 20.00
    Jb is on #2 Multimode every day if you want to play it, get in there, play it, invite your friends, do it regularly and you may build a player base, you won't know til you try.

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    All good, just wanted to see the interest for a dedicated JB serv. I've tried playing JB on multimode, 30 seconds later someone comes in and votes it to BHOP. I don't think it's worth trying to build something on the multimode server if people can't see it's a JB focused server and if it only takes an RTV to change it off JB. Throw in that it's a rules based game and there isn't a JB focused admin monitoring it then it's bound to fail.

As I said, just seeing the interest for a Jail Break server, not trying to build the multimode server.

Professional Old Man
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    GamingGrandpa will become famous soon enough GamingGrandpa will become famous soon enough GamingGrandpa's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] GamingGrandpa     $ 0.00
    I would love to see a dtk standalone Jailbreak server, I loved playing on the Domination Servers Jailbreak, but found it much too loud with 50 people all talking over each other, I feel it would be much better with a smaller jailbreaks server, maybe capping at 35-30 players, but that is just my preference

3 years old
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 308

Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Bear.     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by GamingGrandpa View Post
    I would love to see a dtk standalone Jailbreak server, I loved playing on the Domination Servers Jailbreak, but found it much too loud with 50 people all talking over each other, I feel it would be much better with a smaller jailbreaks server, maybe capping at 35-30 players, but that is just my preference

They are talking about CSS Jailbreak mostly, but with CSGO it needs a lot of attention put towards creating a jb server (and from my knowledge has lead to the failure of previous attempts) Also with DS having almost all of the regular JB players, and invex jailbreak apparently coming back it would probably be hard for the server to maintain a solid playerbase.

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    Sorry should have specified, I meant CSS.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vartain For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 553

ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] ajaytech     $ 405.77
    I would say trying to build jb on multimode would be best at this point in time. I have been around for many rebuilds of jb so I think it would be best seeing how it goes on multimode.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajaytech For This Useful Post:

☭§nδω❄
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 205
    ACEBAD123 is a splendid one to behold ACEBAD123 is a splendid one to behold ACEBAD123 is a splendid one to behold ACEBAD123 is a splendid one to behold ACEBAD123 is a splendid one to behold ACEBAD123 is a splendid one to behold ACEBAD123 is a splendid one to behold ACEBAD123's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] ACEBAD123     $ 0.00
    I Would love to see it Comeback! Remember the old 2011 days was mad fun
    ☭§nδω❄

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ACEBAD123 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    As mentioned there are many reasons JB on multimode fails:
    1. You don't have rules enforced, rules are key to JB success, it really doesn't work without them being understood and enforced properly.
    2. Anyone can start an RTV and change it off JB, as has been the case just about whenever I've tried on there.
    3. It isn't listed as a JB server so people aren't aware JB exists outside of DTK...I asked everyone I know outside of DTK that plays JB.
    4. JB nights appear to have failed multiple times already, mostly because it requires perfect timing for everyone which is impossible.
    5. JB nights are promoted within DTK, it doesn't draw members in and every player I see on overseas JB servers are not from DTK.

There are many more reasons but I don't want to try to be negative about the multimode server, I just don't see a JB community growing where it isn't a JB server. As I said the main goal with the thread wasn't to find viability in building a community somewhere and trying to migrate that community, it's about providing the JB community a home. So just finding out whether that be DTK or elsewhere really.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Looking on Gametracker right now, there is 1 JB Aus server with 32/56 players. Though I think DtK has tried this several times already with limited success. If I am not mistaken either, Jailbreak never really worked properly on CS:GO to begin with, but maybe that's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by vartain View Post
    There are a number of people I know that play on US servers at the moment
    I know that feeling, look at the Zombies server. Any remaining Aussie players are on overseas servers.

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    Looking on Gametracker right now, there is 1 JB Aus server with 32/56 players. Though I think DtK has tried this several times already with limited success. If I am not mistaken either, Jailbreak never really worked properly on CS:GO to begin with, but maybe that's changed.

I know that feeling, look at the Zombies server. Any remaining Aussie players are on overseas servers and just "having" a server won't make people come back.

Sorry, as per the replies above this is relating to CSS not CS:GO.

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Sorry, as per the replies above this is relating to CSS not CS:GO.

Now you're just beating a dead horse. CS:S will never get an influx of players other than curious people as CS:GO is the current game AND is free. One can dream but you have to face reality.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Banned

Total Donations For

vartain     $ 100.00
    I wouldn't play CSGO even if I was getting paid to play, let alone if it was free. All good if you're not interested and prefer to just play the latest fad like CSGO (which is 7 years old anyway, go find a newer game because that means it is better) but remember that the majority of the DTK community is still CSS based even if you've given up on the game.

This isn't a thread of CSS vs CSGO, take that elsewhere. When I go to JB on US/UK servers it's usually 40%-60% Aus/NZ, sometimes even more. I'm not thinking like a 40 slot server like old JB days, probably more like 24.

LeKrez James
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    even though you want to be dismissive of csgo, i feel like a csgo jb server makes way more sense to me than source.

despite what you've said about multimode, it's still a great opportunity to show if there is genuine interest for a standalone server.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    All good if you're not interested and prefer to just play the latest fad like CSGO (which is 7 years old anyway, go find a newer game because that means it is better) but remember that the majority of the DTK community is still CSS based even if you've given up on the game.

I love playing Source and jump on American / EU servers often as ~235ms for both which is playable for Zombie Escape. Forced to play CS:GO pretty much though due to timezones etc.

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaytech View Post
    I would say trying to build jb on multimode would be best at this point in time. I have been around for many rebuilds of jb so I think it would be best seeing how it goes on multimode.

This ^^

Not having a go, but you've not really been around for a whole bunch of years lol, the JB server and its ideas have come and gone, and come and gone, and come and gone again. This is CSS & CSGO.
    It's not that people are dismissing you or your suggestion, however the current setting of JB being an option on the Multi server should be encouraged and worked on IMO, if people are as enthusiastic about it as you say, then it shouldn't be too hard to bring people to the server and begin to fill it to population.
    Talking to the server admins to get their opinions etc may also help you to build on it too.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    If it becomes a popular thing I could probably port a few of my old maps across

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information