+ Reply to Thread

Thread: suggestion to update ttt rules

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%

LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] LordGebus     $ 20.00

suggestion to update ttt rules

its crazy insane how many retards neglect the rules or misunderstand the rules, especially regarding SEEING people commit t acts. i suggest that we add like a mini tutorial video to explain basic rules like unid bodies and what rdm off location vs no rdm looks like. maybe we will have less incidence of rule breaks amongst new players who think they understand the rules even though they probably should as its written in plain english and fine as is.

thoughts on making and adding a video to the rules to explain common misconceptions about the rules laid out in writing?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LordGebus For This Useful Post:

chkn nuggie
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 526

Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy has a reputation beyond repute Cindy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Cindy     $ 590.00
    will the video include ur eyebrow
    Former TTT JA & SA 13/05/18 —> 29/03/21 <33
    connect 45.121.211.203:27022

Absolute Madman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 67

pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] pyra     $ 20.00
    if people cant grasp the extremely simplified words in the rules page then that's their own fault
    𝓅𝓎𝓇𝒶.

EX-TTT Senior Admin

TheRiddler that doesn't Riddle
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 332

The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] The_Riddler     $ 10.00
    Unfortunately a lot of the time when players break rules it when they haven’t bothered to go to them or they know them and break them anyway. A short how to play guide or video may be something that could help but it’s just about getting players to go to it. Also as pyra said above even the the new simplified rules that I worked on to help players understand the rules better don’t always work with some types of players.

Most of the time the best way to help new players is to talk to them and teach them the game the best you can and engage them in a friendly way to help them understand. But if you have an idea of how to make something like what you said possible then you are more than welcome to work on it and post it for the community to help out, the rules we have now were something I was working on before I was even admin so it is possible to get it out there.

Loser
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] BeavR     $ 0.00
    I like the idea personally, just a short video with a couple of examples of stuff that is and isnt rdm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BeavR For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 197

stick is a jewel in the rough stick is a jewel in the rough stick is a jewel in the rough stick is a jewel in the rough stick's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stick     $ 20.00
    TTT will always have new players that don't understand the rules, PERIOD.

Whether its a document or a video, the player will have to WANT to understand the rules. A tutorial video isn't the solution - To be honest, there is no solution. You just need to understand that this is a role play server. There will always be issues because the game cant make a player abide by the rules. We will always have people that break the rules for whatever reason they justify to themselves, we will always have new players and we will never have a server that has its problems. The sooner you come to terms with this and can brush an RDM off your shoulder, the more enjoyment you will get out of the game.

Dudmin :^)
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 93

Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Jenny     $ 10.00
    ive bothered to read the rules once in my 1 year stay here. what makes you think a new player is going to bother watching a video about it?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 426
    SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] SpAc3y     $ 0.00
    I agree with gebus and partly with jenny. If it wasn't for being banned to oblivion. I too probably would have read the rules only once, but now that I understand them enough I don't bother with reading the updates. Sound bad, I know, but most of the players know me on the server and they'll tell me if I'm doing something wrong by the new rules.

There's a LOT in the rules and no one wants to read that much. Loads of people would prefer to watch a youtube tutorial on changing a tyre instead of reading the instructions. I think that a video tutorial will help alot for anyone who think that it'll be easy to pick up the rules without being banned. after all the admins will help out if I don't know something, right? wrong for one reason only. mic spam. some people don't even know that they're being spoken to, or even they can but the admin is pissy about having to talk over everyone and they deal tough consequences. Also no one likes being told to slay for something they didn't know they did wrong. for all they know they're just being trolled into slaying. why don't they know? because they're too lazy to read the rules. how can we fix this? two answers.

A. We don't fix it, there's nothing wrong with it. Idiots can read the rules like everyone else. If they don't then they're jerks.

B. We give them a video tutorial and make it easy for them to understand the rules.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpAc3y For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Also just the nature of the game is shoot shoot shoot. Most people are in that mindset when they first join and they haven't even heard of TTT. When I first joined the rules looked like spam or just a freaking pop up ad to raise money for the server. Made the place look tacky in my opinion. Or even one of my first thoughts was a sappy few things about the server to try and get more people to donate. Even though it says rules at the top, I didn't see that. All I saw was bright colours and a couple ♥♥♥♥ing paragraphs of crap I most certainly didn't want to read. I wanted to play the dam game, so screw reading that.

A video right in your face without stuff that's kinda hard to read like thin red letters on a black background would be a bit better. The start of the video it says these are the rules of the server. no reading, someone is actually saying that so people can hear it instead of read it. Then at the end it says something like it's advised that you read the complete rules otherwise you'll probably get told to slay a lot. The complete rules should be on your screen below this video.

Edit: The crazy colours you use on the current rules just hurt your eyes. I see why you use those colours, but maybe make them a bit thicker with a different font or larger letters? The eye strain is real.
    Last edited by SpAc3y; 21-07-19 at 11:59 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpAc3y For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 436

Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Boarding     $ 50.00
    I didn't read the rules until I got admin, I couldn't be bothered to read it, I just learned along the way. Honestly a video would be easier to understand the rules. You are saying 'we' should add a video, are you going to make it? Because the admins are volunteers and it would take alot of personal time to make it.

Trouble in Terrorist Town JA
    3/8/16 - 10/9/17

24/8/20 - 29/4/21

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boarding For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Maybe some of us could sort it out when the server is empty. If so then plz don't check logs/demos haha. There may be some rdm's haha.

I'd be happy to do some of it with gebus if he's up to it, seeing as its his idea and I'm supporting it. How about you boarding? It'd probs take 3 people playing to get enough footage for an effective video.

Edit: My movie making skills are poor so someone who knows how to edit videos would need to be a part of it.
    Also Admins. If we send the finished product to you guys are you happy to slap it on the welcoming screen for any new players to see? I'm imagining something that auto plays with the first words being "These are the basic rules of this server" so whoever hears it knows whats up.
    Last edited by SpAc3y; 21-07-19 at 03:33 PM.

LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus is a glorious beacon of light LordGebus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

im willing to participate in the filming process. defs would need help from media savy players to edit clips into a video. would be cool if we hijack the ttt server to film, but that would be hard because we need to find a time when the server is literally dead, so like lateeee at night, or we can improvise on a private server without the ttt plugins and stuffs.

edit: if we improvise on non ttt server, editting would require adding D above certain players, changing colours of bodies and shit, if any1 on dtk is capable of that kinda editting pls make urself known
    Last edited by LordGebus; 21-07-19 at 03:40 PM.

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGebus View Post
    im willing to participate in the filming process. defs would need help from media savy players to edit clips into a video. would be cool if we hijack the ttt server to film, but that would be hard because we need to find a time when the server is literally dead, so like lateeee at night, or we can improvise on a private server without the ttt plugins and stuffs.

edit: if we improvise on non ttt server, editting would require adding D above certain players, changing colours of bodies and shit, if any1 on dtk is capable of that kinda editting pls make urself known
    You're top busy with school to be doing all this. go study.

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

[SEAGULL EYES]
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 26.0%

MintyMints is a splendid one to behold MintyMints is a splendid one to behold MintyMints is a splendid one to behold MintyMints is a splendid one to behold MintyMints is a splendid one to behold MintyMints is a splendid one to behold MintyMints is a splendid one to behold MintyMints is a splendid one to behold MintyMints's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] MintyMints     $ 130.00
    I'm no professional but I am a highly trained expert in shitty MicrosoftPaint animations.

Last edited by MintyMints; 21-07-19 at 06:09 PM. Reason: I added more to the gif

Total Donations For

doood. ur hired, walcomb to the teem

Fire Fly
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 108

Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall has much to be proud of Rainfall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Rainfall     $ 252.34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    ive bothered to read the rules once in my 1 year stay here. what makes you think a new player is going to bother watching a video about it?
    Amazingly half a time more than me =]

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid has a brilliant future Acid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] Acid     $ 50.00
    Minty: I'm no professional but I am a highly trained expert in shitty MicrosoftPaint animations.

Wow Minty so you added Magikarp and not me. I feel cut.

Side note its actually good animation

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information