+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Variable Frag Limit

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0%

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00

Variable Frag Limit

A variable frag limit is currently being trialed on Office alongside an info hud that can be enabled or disabled by typing !dtkhud into chat.

1-7 players, the frag limit is set to 50.
    8 or more players, the limit is set to 80.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 43

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    Don't like it at all. Actually hate it. I was opposed to the frag limit being reduced from 110 to 80. 50 is just ridiculous. It's less than half what it originally was. I'll probably end up being outvoted on it but my opinion is put it back to 110! Or at the very least 80.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 216
    aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP has much to be proud of aSaP's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] aSaP     $ 0.00
    I don't mind having a lower and higher limit but not sure on the way it changes automatically.
    What happens if a player is on 60 frags and then players leave dropping the frag limit to 50? does the round end?
    also if you are playing with 7 players and your on 48 kills about to win the round then you have someone join your then up to 80 limit kinda changing the goal posts half way through the game.
    Would prefer to set the limit at the start of each game be it a vote or admin command or based on the number of players in the first round .
    Just my thoughts and either way its not going reduce player numbers IMO.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aSaP For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Don't like it at all. Actually hate it. I was opposed to the frag limit being reduced from 110 to 80. 50 is just ridiculous. It's less than half what it originally was. I'll probably end up being outvoted on it but my opinion is put it back to 110! Or at the very least 80.

I've been on Office countless times in the past with less than 5 people, and getting to 110 kills was boring as hell lol

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 43

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    Hence why I accepted the 80 with little fuss. Never found 110 boring, but I understood a lot of other people did. 80 is acceptable, but 50 feels like its over before it begins.
    On a side note, I was playing earlier today, just the bots and I, but the frag limit was 80. Then another player joined and was still 80. Also the hud posts nade kills as knife kills and visa versa. Not important, just thought id mention it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 274
    mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] mrsyogibear     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by aSaP View Post
    I don't mind having a lower and higher limit but not sure on the way it changes automatically.
    What happens if a player is on 60 frags and then players leave dropping the frag limit to 50? does the round end?
    also if you are playing with 7 players and your on 48 kills about to win the round then you have someone join your then up to 80 limit kinda changing the goal posts half way through the game.
    Would prefer to set the limit at the start of each game be it a vote or admin command or based on the number of players in the first round .
    Just my thoughts and either way its not going reduce player numbers IMO.

Actually I did see that Dust2 DM was having troubles with this since their frag limit had been changed, and this ^^ situation actually happened!!!! Not quite sure if the problem has been fix since then though!
    But this would be my concern, about it not switching when players leave or enter.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsyogibear For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10

NedBestInAus will become famous soon enough NedBestInAus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

NedBestInAus     $ 20.00
    50, 80, 110, 2000... doesn't make a difference cause everyone gets beasted anyway

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 309

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Rubicon     $ 460.00
    I'm not really too bothered about what the frag limits are but would lean away voting on what they should be as it'd create the potential for arguments between players and wouldn't do much for the ingame atmosphere.
    I want to live forever. So far so good.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331

Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Krusty Burger     $ 100.00
    If the plugin only checks the player count at the start of the round for a limited time, then it may be able to avoid some of the issues above.

For instance, if a player joins/leaves whilst another player is close to the reaching the frag limit; there won't be any interference with the total frag limit for that round which avoids an earlier/later finish due to the frag limit not being altered.

Hope this helps

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information