View Poll Results: Should Deathrun Return?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 61.90%
  • No

8 38.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deathrun Return?

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 0%

Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tyler     $ 112.50

Deathrun Return?

Hey My Dudes,

Myself and a few other people have been discussing the return of deathrun and think that it is appropriate to create a forum post about it. I'd personally like to see the return of the server if it is under high moderation and has dedicated admins, and if it does come back I'd be willing to volunteer as admin along with a few other people.

If anyone wants anymore info please comment and I'll give you some more.

Thanks,
    Tyler

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler For This Useful Post:

DtK Deathrun JA
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 48.0%

MasterOfCubesAU is a jewel in the rough MasterOfCubesAU is a jewel in the rough MasterOfCubesAU is a jewel in the rough MasterOfCubesAU is a jewel in the rough MasterOfCubesAU's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] MasterOfCubesAU     $ 10.00
    I'm 100% down for this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Zuelhs is just really nice Zuelhs is just really nice Zuelhs is just really nice Zuelhs is just really nice Zuelhs's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Zuelhs     $ 0.00
    There have already been 2 previous instances where a deathrun server was running, 1st time it shut down due to inactivity (so i presume), and the second time Both Tyler and MasterOfCubes were given the responsibility to restart the deathrun server again, with the promise to rebuild and populate the server. That es then abandoned as Master's computer broke on him and Tyler became inactive. My POV, you have had your chances and haven't been successful. Shouldn't bother again. (BTW I'm not attacking either of you, just stating facts).

Maybe we should add combat surf.. hint hint squall

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331

Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Krusty Burger     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuelhs View Post
    There have already been 2 previous instances where a deathrun server was running, 1st time it shut down due to inactivity (so i presume), and the second time Both Tyler and MasterOfCubes were given the responsibility to restart the deathrun server again, with the promise to rebuild and populate the server. That es then abandoned as Master's computer broke on him and Tyler became inactive. My POV, you have had your chances and haven't been successful. Shouldn't bother again. (BTW I'm not attacking either of you, just stating facts).

Ham, thoughts?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Zuelhs View Post

Master and I both became inactive due to things that appeared in our life that we couldn’t control. I had exams and family issues and Masters PC broke down. We couldn’t control anything, and before all of that happened we were able to sustain the server with our fellow staff mates. Also, I wasn’t a full time admin on deathrun, I was an executes admin and had to also do things on that server. I can ensure that the server will be active as I have a full discord server that wants deathrun to come back, and as I stated if it isn’t active than just shut down the server - that’s the reasonable option, but probably won’t happen if deathrun does come back.
    Last edited by Tyler; 05-11-18 at 09:15 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler For This Useful Post:

Dudmin :^)
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 93

Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Jenny     $ 10.00
    I wouldn't mind seeing deathrun come back

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty Burger View Post
    Ham, thoughts?
    See my post on the surf revival thread, pretty much applies here too for the most part.

Deathrun is very volatile in terms of popularity, it’s not a game mode too many people stick around with, thats the major difference between Combat Surf and Deathrun playerbase wise, but other than that same stuff applies.

EDIT//
    DRUN = Toxic mess that people decide to play every couple years
    CSurf = Slightly toxic dick swinging that is only just seeing a decline now

This is my very uninformed opinion
    Last edited by Ham; 06-11-18 at 12:17 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ham For This Useful Post:

3 years old
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 308

Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Bear.     $ 10.00
    Honestly, with these 2 recents posts (about deathrun and introducing a combat server) and the discussions regarding bring back some servers. I personally believe they were shut down for a reason and at this point it would be extremely difficult to bring them back from that. Servers such as deathrun, gungame and combat surf honestly would not have the longevity another server could. Deathrun, yeah maybe but from what I have heard it has already died twice and giving it a third chance would be a bit of a stretch.

Edit: Oh and also, as ham stated before the playerbases are going to be a select few dedicated players which is really not enough to continue a server.

cheese
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 311
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    deattrun stink comat surf awsom thats it folks : )

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sharkfood For This Useful Post:

NonExstnt
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 239

R4V3 is on a distinguished road R4V3's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] R4V3     $ 10.00
    I personally got into community servers because of deathrun and when all the servers shutdown I was quite saddened. If deathrun was to come back I'd be willing to be an admin or mod that helps out in late hours of the weekends and holidays.
    Seeing the return of deathrun would mean a lot to not only me but also many other people I personally know.

Also I know from personal experience deathrun is only really populated in late evening/night so that might be why it seemed as dead to a lot of people.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Thanks everyone for all the good feedback. Seems like there’s a heap of positive feedback, so let’s hope that a positive outcome occurs too!

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    One of the biggest requirements you said yourself - dedicated admins. Coming in fast along with that is a dedicated yet expanding community, inclusion, ability to adapt and change with popularity, ability to keep things fresh, consistency, atmosphere, so on and so forth.

The ability to keep on top of all those factors leads normally, to success - however things are shut down/abandoned for a reason.

Nothing against enthusiasm what so ever, but threads like this are all too familiar.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Deathrun has been one of those special cases when looking at DtK Servers past and current.

It managed to get in to Top 15-20 AUS CS:GO servers on it's own some time after it went online - the server had no admins. Because of the popularity and playerbase, admins were added. And this is when all the drama started. DR for some reason seemed to attract players who let's just say considered themselves above the community/server rules and values. Whenever admins enforced rules or banned players there would be lash backs.

As for it coming back, late last year/ early this year we started pruning our lineup of servers to focus on servers that have a somewhat stable playerbase (only exception to this is Zombies which remained) and to improve them. We are not looking to expand for quite some time. However if you want to 'fund' the server and be responsible for administrating the server, something could be arranged.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Ripkurrle24 is a jewel in the rough Ripkurrle24 is a jewel in the rough Ripkurrle24 is a jewel in the rough Ripkurrle24's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Ripkurrle24     $ 25.00
    It might be better if we made a multi mode server with deathrun in it, because like csgo GG it might not float. However, it might be hard to do.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 281

SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SirJanus     $ 61.80
    i like the idea
    CPU:Ryzen 5 2600
    MOBO::GIGABYTE B450 Aorus M
    RAM:2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence 2400
    PSU:Corsair VS450 .
    GPU:EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    HDD:WD BLUE 2TB
    SSD: Kingston A400 240GB

Trophies
    Total Donations For

I’m totally down to pay for the server and administrate it. I just need confirmation of how much it does cost for the server to be run.

Loser
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] BeavR     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    I’m totally down to pay for the server
    big oofies

Registered User bezzalad can only hope to improve bezzalad's Avatar
    Total Donations For

bezzalad     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Hey My Dudes,

Myself and a few other people have been discussing the return of deathrun and think that it is appropriate to create a forum post about it. I'd personally like to see the return of the server if it is under high moderation and has dedicated admins, and if it does come back I'd be willing to volunteer as admin along with a few other people.

If anyone wants anymore info please comment and I'll give you some more.

Thanks,
    Tyler
    yes please im down, deathrun is so nostalgic

Casual Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 222

Cindafella is a jewel in the rough Cindafella is a jewel in the rough Cindafella is a jewel in the rough Cindafella's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Cindafella     $ 0.00
    Would like to see deathrun comeback.

Absolute Madman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 67

pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra has a brilliant future pyra's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] pyra     $ 20.00
    Guys this post is old as, deathrun already tried to come back and it didn't work. Please in the future don't comment on 2 year old threads.
    𝓅𝓎𝓇𝒶.

EX-TTT Senior Admin

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyra For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information