View Poll Results: Should the !cp menu be brought back to TTT for members and up?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

4 26.67%
  • No,

11 73.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would bringing the !cp command back to TTT of benefit to the server?

dumBass
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 0%

Tobias, The Gentleman will become famous soon enough Tobias, The Gentleman's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Tobias, The Gentleman     $ 76.62

Would bringing the !cp command back to TTT of benefit to the server?

I'm honestly thinking of compiling up a source-mod menu script and working on something to make the server a little better, people playing should have the right to take action when admins aren't available.

My thoughts go towards creating the menu to only be available to DTK M rank and upwards, to try and keep it out of the hands of people that would abuse the system, I understand this was the problem that caused it to be removed in the first place.

Leave some comments and/or suggestions
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT
    RAM: 4 x 8 GB Team Group T-Force Vulkan @ 2666MHz
    MOBO: ASUS Prime B450M-A
    GPU: ASUS RX 6750XT OC 12GB
    SSDs: Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2, Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb, Liteonit 256gb, SanDisk SSD 256 gb
    Cooling: Corsair iCue H150i 360mm AIO
    Case: Cougar CMX850 850w Semi-Modular PSU

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Quite a few members have abused !cp im the past, what’s to stop them from doing it again?

If you want to keep the server clean then lead by example. Teach new players rules, show them how to play TTT properly and if they don’t wanna cop it then demo the rulebreaking, or even better yet, just timestamp the period in which there were issues and message an admin with the details.

A command to call admins was introduced to alert the team that rules were being broken. Before it’s unnecessary removal, it was occasionally being spammed for no reason, sometimes by Members. If you can’t use the call admin command properly, why should you have !cp?

(Note: This is not a direct comment on the behaviour of Tobias, merely an observation of someone who has been in DtK for 4+ years and seen/experienced a lot of DtK member !cp abuse)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ham For This Useful Post:

Resident Crayfish
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 690

KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] KT     $ 451.55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    Quite a few members have abused !cp im the past, what’s to stop them from doing it again?

If you want to keep the server clean then lead by example. Teach new players rules, show them how to play TTT properly and if they don’t wanna cop it then demo the rulebreaking, or even better yet, just timestamp the period in which there were issues and message an admin with the details.

A command to call admins was introduced to alert the team that rules were being broken. Before it’s unnecessary removal, it was occasionally being spammed for no reason, sometimes by Members. If you can’t use the call admin command properly, why should you have !cp?

(Note: This is not a direct comment on the behaviour of Tobias, merely an observation of someone who has been in DtK for 4+ years and seen/experienced a lot of DtK member !cp abuse)
    Ill Respond to this thread later, when I’m not on my phone, but I agree entirely with what Ham has said.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 436

Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Boarding     $ 50.00
    I can honestly see all DTK ranks abusing this, even Jedi's. Using it when you think you were RDMed when you weren't, using it to spite someone because they killed you. Using it for fun. You would have to pick and choose who would have it, but at that point why not just get them to apply for admin.

Trouble in Terrorist Town JA
    3/8/16 - 10/9/17

24/8/20 - 29/4/21

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boarding For This Useful Post:

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 31.0%

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    I can't find any situation that this would work for reasons mentioned.
    It does not matter what rank you are whether it be N/M/T/V/Jedi, This Plugin is easily abused i know a lot of players in the DTK Ranks that have called RDM on clear 100% legitimate reasons, and having this plug in would cause for the server to get much much worse.

The only plugin that i find could even remotely work is a auto plug in that detects Racism used on Mic/Chat.(if there even is one)

Anything to do with RDMing is just too risky of a plugin to use.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 281

SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SirJanus     $ 61.80
    just wondering what is the !cp commmand?
    CPU:Ryzen 5 2600
    MOBO::GIGABYTE B450 Aorus M
    RAM:2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence 2400
    PSU:Corsair VS450 .
    GPU:EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    HDD:WD BLUE 2TB
    SSD: Kingston A400 240GB

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 31.0%

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJanus View Post
    it's normally a command with
    Kick/Mute/Slay ect.

Official RuneScape Player
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 449

Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief-'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Lief-     $ 124.63
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJanus View Post
    !cp is a control panel where players can call for a vote kick/mute/ban and other commands. It can be a really good system to use but sadly some players do like enjoy to abuse and use it to their own enjoyment
    Love my Lollipops.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lief- For This Useful Post:

cheese
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 311
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    Intrinsically, impulsive decisions get the better of us now and then. Being wrong and acting without thought extends farther than just experience or rank, as it's something hardwired into us as a species—therefore this wouldn't be a solution.

the !cp command would only cause a greater issue than it would be solving—an unfair vote would be responded with a counter-vote, that counter-vote would then follow with another, and in the end it'll just spiral out of control. This is what the issue was in the past and it just means more work for the admin team than they already have.

An issue like this is really tough to solve and I doubt there ever will be a proper solution, the only actions you can control are your own. Act accordingly, whether that mean asking admins for assistance or submitting demos/clips, and the team will do their best to help :^)
    Last edited by sharkfood; 03-08-18 at 05:49 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sharkfood For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Gooby_Pls     $ 0.00
    I remember the !cp command when it was operational and how it was abused and how it would disrupt everyone's game play by forcing them to vote, so that's a thanks, but no thanks from me.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 78
    zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] zarco     $ 0.00
    Please dont bring back !cp command like everyone else its to open for abuse

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    No thanks. Too easy to troll with and people blindly vote yes most of the time. Seen it all. This includes ALL ranks as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

3 years old
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 308

Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Bear.     $ 10.00
    Agree with what ham said.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 281

SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SirJanus     $ 61.80
    ah ok

Dudmin :^)
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 93

Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny is a splendid one to behold Jenny's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Jenny     $ 10.00
    Yeah I think this would be handy sometimes and I see ur reasoning but I also see this being abused a lot, even if it was only available for members, such as people trolling each other and stuff. And if it got out of hand it will make it unenjoyable for a lot of people so I think its best if we don't add it.

3 years old
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 308

Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear. has much to be proud of Bear.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Bear.     $ 10.00
    To be honest, with new admins on the team and Mr no life lief, I feel as the current issues that players are experiencing with admins being off a lot is going to fade away with the new admins as them 3 are on consistently enough during times when other admins are busy. I definitely now think !cp would be unnecessary, and only late like 12am would admins not be on. And even then, that doesn't mean anyone with a high status like T, V etc would be on.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear. For This Useful Post:

cheese
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 311
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    i dont mean to repeat myself but the gist of it is that it causes more issues than it solves. that simple.

if it were a good thing it would be around.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information