Closed Thread

Thread: RDM is a sad fact of life.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 0%
    SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SpAc3y     $ 0.00

RDM is a sad fact of life.

I know RDM'ing is wrong and we shouldn't do it. There is a strong sense that most people who play in TTT don't like it when people RDM and it still happens... Why tho?

There's a few reasons and just to name a few.
    * Revenge
    * Fun
    * Misunderstanding the rules
    * Ignoring the rules
    * Crossfire
    And there's many more reasons, I'm sure all of you can think of a few reasons that aren't listed.

Punishment for RDM'ing is supposed to be strictly enforced but sometimes it isn't. I know personally I just let it go a lot of the time, and so do others. There's also others who just won't let it go, and that's ok too. As the title suggests, it is a sad fact of playing on TTT, and we need to understand that it happens.

When you see someone RDM what do you do? Let them know that they RDM'd and ask them why they did it, or ask them to slay? I usually do that if i choose to pursue it. How many of you Take it to the next step, and contact an admin about it? I know i certainly would if it was a serious case and I couldn't play the game without constantly being RDM'd.

How should admins deal with it when they see it and when they're contacted about it? I've RDM'd in front of admins in the past and they've done nothing about it simply because The person who I did it to told me to kill them. I've also RDM'd totally by accident and been asked why I did it and asked to slay by an admin.

How many of you feel that its ok for someone to kill you if you tell them to and how many of you think that you can tell someone to kill you 10x over and they should get banned when they do kill you? Is it breaking the rules to kill someone who has told you to kill them? (yes). Is it baiting to tell someone to kill you when you know they shouldn't?

TLDR; We all know that RDM'ing is going to happen and it is flat out against the rules. But we all know that there are unwritten boundaries of it too. Lets elaborate on them

EDIT 1 i fixed punctuation
    Last edited by SpAc3y; 23-07-18 at 11:37 PM.

Official RuneScape Player
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 449

Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief-'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Lief-     $ 124.63
    it does state in the rules clearly for what circumstances you may kill people. If it doesnt fall under that, you dont kill. i think its pretty simple

I have also seen you completely disregard the rules and rdm a player cos there were no admins online. Thats straight up rule breaking for the sake of breaking rules.
    Last edited by Lief-; 23-07-18 at 11:43 PM.
    Love my Lollipops.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lief- For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y's Avatar
    Total Donations For

dude why you gotta have a dig at me? you've done enough

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Do you genuinely think its ok? Thinking about it you probably don't but in the middle of a game when you're trying to react as fast as you can and someone says something like that. Could you be blamed for making the wrong call? It's one thing to ask a played to slay for it but its another to ignore the fact that the player realized their mistakes and tried to do the right thing, but you decide to request a ban with out supplying to full demo anyways.

I will not let you persuade so many people in a public forum to thinking that I'm as inconsiderate as you would like them to think about me. So thank you Lief, for having a dig at me.

Edit 1 I was asking about what people talk about the unwritten boundaries. There wasn't any need for pointing names like that, dude. As i said, you've done enough (by supplying half the demo to incriminate me on source bans where everyone can see).
    Last edited by SpAc3y; 24-07-18 at 12:03 AM.

Promo is my son

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 61

Knifey. is a name known to all Knifey. is a name known to all Knifey. is a name known to all Knifey. is a name known to all Knifey. is a name known to all Knifey. is a name known to all Knifey.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Knifey.     $ 68.26
    Bento and life are on pretty good terms SpAc3y, he was just making a joke towards life. In my personal opinion RDM is never acceptable, especially purposeful RDM. If a person gets killed by crossfire then i don't think any punishment is need as it was an accident and accidents happen. However if it is a purposeful RDM then the RDM'er should be meet with harsher penalties. an example of a purposeful RDM would be killing someone who asks to be RDM'ed. Unless the person who is asking to be killed, is a Traitor and calls KOS on themselves first.

as for the unwritten boundaries that you speak of, it entirely depends on the person who was rdmed. Personally if i was killed in a crossfire I would not care as these things happen from time to time, However
    * Revenge
    * Fun
    * Misunderstanding the rules
    * Ignoring the rules
    these reasons you have stated are not accidents and should not be tolerated as they are clear violations.
    As Life said above the rules are quite clear on the subject of RDM and the 'unwritten boundaries' these could never really be clarified any further as it will change from person to person depending on what their personal views of rdm are.

As for admins not responding to every rdm in a round, This is entirely understandable as TTT can get incredible hectic at times due to high number counts and multiple rdm's round after round after round. this can be incredibly difficult for a single or even multiple admins to deal with at a time with things such as mic spam, offenders not responding and people lying about why they killed someone (P.S which a demo of the RDM can prove/disprove) happening at the same time.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Knifey. For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Psycho_62     $ 20.00
    I don't play TTT, so just my 2 cents, have seen "new" TTT players come in maybe having trouble adjusting to the many rules. Not dissing it here, the rules are a fact of the game.

Seems to me it's easy to clear up, read the rules, obey the rules, if not, don't play

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Psycho_62 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt's Avatar
    Total Donations For

UpWithIt     $ 0.00
    Id RDM life like that sounds like fun, cop a ban its all goods...

There is a few unwritten general server rules that from my knowledge been on ther server for sometime or when admins have felt like one is needed to be added they throw it in there aswell. Not saying admins just make up rules to suit themselves as that would be admin abusing powers and that hardly happens.

Maybe contact an admin and ask what are the general rules that arent listed amongst the forum in TTT server rules. They should be able to inform you.

Take note that depending on what admin you have one may be alittle more understanding or have more leniency, then a other admin may be more strict and be heavy handed. Im sure you'll be able to figure that out which ones are which the more you play on ttt.

cheese
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 307
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    what exactly was the purpose of this thread? Going out an saying that rules aren't enforced at all times isn't entirely wrong (admins are human too) but outright making that statement can prove to be very controversial and I don't exactly agree with this sort of approach. I reckon you would've been better off talking to an admin one on one first in-game or on Steam.

When it comes to how the rules are written, as somebody who understands, there is a lot of hard work put in to assure all bases are covered. It's a common misconception that one iteration is drafted then published. It's very high prio that the end result is clear, concise, simple and diverse. Covering all of these bases at once throughout the entirety of the rules is not easy which is a reason why they're not updated a whole lot.

If you think there's something missing, or 'unspoken', I think it would be better to consult an admin first with your concerns because I can almost guarantee the unknowns you state would have been encountered & addressed before.

Nonetheless, there isn't anything wrong with a civil discussion. :^)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sharkfood For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Basically just to see how everyone feels about the current rules. Not exactly looking at changing them but I’ve had a lot of confusion about how strongly a lot of people feel about them. Chose the topic of RDM because that’s the one I seem to have most trouble with. Of course tho. Whatever the rules are, or how people feel about them. It’s not ok to break them

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 75

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    I don't understand what confuses people about RDM, if you don't have 100% Proof then its RDM.

In the wise words of Mad Eye Moody
    END OF STORY, THE END, GOODBYE. No Further Questions

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    It's impossible to have a hard and fast rule for RDMing because the circumstances are always different. We also can't be defining each situation in the rules because then you end up with an encyclopaedia that is too hard for new players to process.

In the end admins need to use their discretion to decide where the line needs to be drawn.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePowered For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    I feel as though this thread has served its purpose and there has been some good guidance/answers provided.

/closed.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information