Closed Thread

Thread: RDM punishment suggestion

Casual Member
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 0%
    SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] SpAc3y     $ 0.00

RDM punishment suggestion

I don't know if this has been suggested before but here I am suggesting it.

When you're an innocent and you get killed by another innocent. How about when the next round starts (after warm up), you get the option to slay, burn, slap, blind, etc to who ever it is that killed you. I don't really know how the commands work for the admins but maybe when there's one on. They have the option to withhold the slay/burn/blind vote from the person who was killed if they decide that the person was killed by accident.

I am suggesting this because I feel that some players are getting warnings and/or bans for not slaying because They feel that the Admin has asked them to slay unfairly. They might just not get the chance to because they get killed by another player the very second the warm up ends, which means that they have to slay the next round. This results in missing two rounds in a row which isn't very fun.

EDIT1: Instead of it happening every time an RDM happens, maybe just when you're actually killed. If slay is too much then take that of the table all together. maybe even make it so it does pop up in the list only every second time the played does this.

EDIT2: Some of you may not remember but we did have a similar set up for team killing on server 10 for a while and it seemed to work well.
    Last edited by SpAc3y; 22-05-18 at 07:16 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpAc3y For This Useful Post:

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 31.0%

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    Although i can see where your coming from, this Suggestion would not work as it would be a system easily abused by those that just want to slay for the hell of it, when in reality it wasnt really there fault.

Loser
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR has much to be proud of BeavR's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] BeavR     $ 0.00
    Agree with sonical, also a problem is if an innocent rdmd someone, then someone kills them (not an rdm) the rdmer gets to punish the inno that was following the rules

Banned
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt's Avatar
    Total Donations For

UpWithIt     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SpAc3y View Post
    I don't know if this has been suggested before but here I am suggesting it.

When you're an innocent and you get killed by another innocent. How about when the next round starts (after warm up), you get the option to slay, burn, slap, blind, etc to who ever it is that killed you. I don't really know how the commands work for the admins but maybe when there's one on. They have the option to withhold the slay/burn/blind vote from the person who was killed if they decide that the person was killed by accident.

I am suggesting this because I feel that some players are getting warnings and/or bans for not slaying because They feel that the Admin has asked them to slay unfairly. They might just not get the chance to because they get killed by another player the very second the warm up ends, which means that they have to slay the next round. This results in missing two rounds in a row which isn't very fun.

EDIT1: Instead of it happening every time an RDM happens, maybe just when you're actually killed. If slay is too much then take that of the table all together. maybe even make it so it does pop up in the list only every second time the played does this.

EDIT2: Some of you may not remember but we did have a similar set up for team killing on server 10 for a while and it seemed to work well.
    This could get abused on the server as a command in the form of a punishment. Having a vote system for form of punishment i think that is a great idea to be honest. It'll keep most the tention between players down as it falls on vote from all players in the game.

Dont know how the admin team will take it. They might want to be in control of the server more.

But great idea mate
    Last edited by UpWithIt; 23-05-18 at 07:04 AM.

The Darkest Skarr
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136

DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DarkSkarr     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by UpWithIt View Post
    This could get abused on the server as a command in the form of a punishment. Having a vote system for form of punishment i think that is a great idea to be honest. It'll keep most the tention between players down as it falls on vote from all players in the game.

Dont know how the admin team will take it. They might want to be in control of the server more.

But great idea mate
    Unfortunately we have had vote systems abused too much in the past for this to be a viable option. I feel as though some of you were around when various groups were abusing the vote ban system to the point where it had to be removed. This suggestion would likely have the same issue and would cause more problems than it would help.

It's not about trying to control the server, it's about trying to ensure the player base has an enjoyable time and keeping the server consistent and fair. If RDM punishment were up to server wide vote, this would be impossible, particularly as a majority of the server would not have seen what had happened and just vote for the 1st option regardless of what has occurred.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkarr For This Useful Post:

TheRiddler that doesn't Riddle
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 332

The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler is a splendid one to behold The_Riddler's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] The_Riddler     $ 10.00
    Yeah like people are saying this would be abused once players can use it, it would basically amount to players revenge rdming any time they are killed as inno by an inno even if they did something wrong themselves. You know if you have played the server before that players like to call rdm on basically anything and giving them the power to punish with those outbursts would be a terrible idea when you know they wont think it through, when we actually have admins for this stuff, to think it through and find out what happened instead of going on emotions or being bias in the situation.

It seems that your main point of having this is because players dont listen to admins when we instruct them to slay? Sorry but if players are not listening to admins then they are the type of player that would abuse this kind of system. I can tell you that if an admin on the server has come to a conclusion and tells a player to slay that the admin has looked at the situation and from the information they have already and what was either given or not given to them by the players involved they ask that they make a decision that is right based on that information basically all of the time.

Also this is something i tell players on the server but if you have a problem with an admins decision you dont ignore their commands and argue with them about it that will all of the time get you in trouble in some way or another, you do as they ask you then talk or message them about it afterwards where we will explain it for you. When we are telling players to do something its because they have to not because its open for discussion, the time to discuss it was when we are asking you about it not afterwards when you reliease you are getting punished for breaking the rules.

Banned
    UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt is a jewel in the rough UpWithIt's Avatar
    Total Donations For

UpWithIt     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkarr View Post
    Unfortunately we have had vote systems abused too much in the past for this to be a viable option. I feel as though some of you were around when various groups were abusing the vote ban system to the point where it had to be removed. This suggestion would likely have the same issue and would cause more problems than it would help.

It's not about trying to control the server, it's about trying to ensure the player base has an enjoyable time and keeping the server consistent and fair. If RDM punishment were up to server wide vote, this would be impossible, particularly as a majority of the server would not have seen what had happened and just vote for the 1st option regardless of what has occurred.
    There is your answer SpAc3y. Players on the server cant be trusted to choose an appropriate action on the vote punishment system and not abuse it.

Keep the suggestions up mate ttt could benefit from a regular suggestions.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] YogiBear     $ 0.00
    I have played on servers that allow these actions many, many years ago :0 (where the person that got 'accidently' killed by their team mate and they could choose an action) and I have seen it work really well.
    In saying that though, the server that I used to play had many regulars on it and so the actions to burn, slay etc etc where used well and within the rules. But when you got non-regulars coming into the server and playing they may not see the same gratitude to the other players and used it/abusing the actions to get what they wanted unfortunately and these certain players would wreak it for everyone on the server.
    You would have to have a Admin present majority of the time (24/7) but that cant be expected of an Admin to man the server 24/7, to keep watch over the rule breakers.

Personally I loved playing on the servers that you could use these actions.

this topic is a toughy and I can see why you have brought it to light.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to YogiBear For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Maybe in a couple years time. When a new version of cs is available, and we're left with the players who are more content with CS-GO. Maybe then will we be mature enough to have such an abusable responsibility.

Don't mistake this for an insult. Maturity is ever growing.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpAc3y For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Total Donations For

UpWithIt     $ 0.00
    Maybe in a couple years time. When a new version of cs is available, and we're left with the players who are more content with CS-GO. Maybe then will we be mature enough to have such an abusable responsibility.

Don't mistake this for an insult. Maturity is ever growing.
    I agree with both of you SpAc3Y and Yogi. Sadly not everyone will agree with eachother cause there intentions are somewhat different.

Its wasnt taken as an insult SpAc3Y youre all good mate. Maturity is a topic many will try comment on no doubt everyone has there moments...
    No matter what server there will always be a small minority that'll bend rules or break them to suit themselves no matter title or position on the server they hold or how regularly they play.

Like the idea you had i believe the server Office on CSS has the vote punishment system. Works completely fine.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to UpWithIt For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

how do you say thank you to a reply?

Banned
    Total Donations For

UpWithIt     $ 0.00
    On the persons post there should be green star shape at the bottom same line as reply and reply with quote

Casual Member
    YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear is just really nice YogiBear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by UpWithIt View Post
    I agree with both of you SpAc3Y and Yogi. Sadly not everyone will agree with eachother cause there intentions are somewhat different.

Its wasnt taken as an insult SpAc3Y youre all good mate. Maturity is a topic many will try comment on no doubt everyone has there moments...
    No matter what server there will always be a small minority that'll bend rules or break them to suit themselves no matter title or position on the server they hold or how regularly they play.

Like the idea you had i believe the server Office on CSS has the vote punishment system. Works completely fine.

Sooo True UpWithIt...Sadly this is what has to happen when some cant help themselves

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

You have also had to post on the forums (either making your own post or replying to other posts) around 10 times before you get the 'Thanks' button

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YogiBear For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 281

SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus is just really nice SirJanus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SirJanus     $ 61.80
    only problem with this is if there arent any admins on this can be abused Example if you throw a grenade and the other person runs into it they can slay you even if it wasnt on purpose

Closed Thread

Thread Information