+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DtK Custom Complete GUI

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 0%

Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Krusty Burger     $ 100.00

Lightbulb DtK Custom Complete GUI

Hey everyone,

I know I'm not apart of the DtK Dev team, however I've recently begun configuring with the CS:S source files to learn how to create custom content.

Initially I intended to create a personal custom HUD to be used primarily for the Zombie Escape gamemode; which involved altering the HUD Health and Timer to accommodate for large digit values that cannot be properly displayed on the default HUD (e.g. Health with 5 digits or a Time with 4 digits). This then lead to me rearranging the HUD completely and creating my own unique creation which modifies the: Font, Colours, HUD Element positions, Size of HUD elements, Custom HUD Icons, HUD backgrounds, Flash animations and Support for multiplayer plugins.

Whilst playing #3 Office DM today I had the brilliant idea of not only completing my HUD; but creating a Complete GUI that is thematically designed for the DtK community, which will feature a main menu screen with the DtK logo. I haven't fully decided what it will look like or what additional features I would like to implement into the GUI so I thought making a post and gaining feedback from the community will be the best solution for scaffolding how the final product will turn out.

For the time being there are still some minor adjustments I'd like to make before I release the standalone HUD and begin work on the Complete GUI aspects. So once I'm happy with how the standalone HUD looks I will release it to you guys to use and have fun with. This will also be a great opportunity for feedback, because the current state of the HUD is in no way shape or form confirmed to be how the final product will appear.

Here are some screenshots of how the HUD appears at the moment:

HUD in default state

Timer with 4 digits and Ammo with 4 digits

Health with 5 digits

Health flashes and turns blue permanently when damaged

Timer flashes red when time runs out, Health flashes red and fades in and out similarly

Let me know what you guys think, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Krusty

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 99.7%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1035.00
    Nice Krusty… Version 3 hit the spot for me

Thank you for your effort!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 309

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Rubicon     $ 460.00
    It's a bit blurry for me, too, same on the scoreboard:

Other than that it's great, I particularly like the load screen and server options feature.
    Attached Images
    I want to live forever. So far so good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    It's a bit blurry for me, too, same on the scoreboard:

Other than that it's great, I particularly like the load screen and server options feature.
    It's strange cause the font looks great on my PC, could be due to resolution and video quality etc.

Could see what colour changes can do for this, otherwise I might have to find a new font for everyone else so no one has it blurry; or attempt to figure out how to make the text bigger.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Just wanted to give this a quick bump for those who have forgotten where to find this thread. But also to mention that my sem2 uni exams are upcoming and will be completed within the near future; meaning that if you have requests or suggestions you can leave them here so when I've got the time I can come back and fix the issues.

Cheers

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Cheers Krusty!!

Total Donations For

Here's a sneak preview on some edits I've been working on.

Changes I've made:
    • Health is one colour for max health and health colour after damage instead of two
    • Removed all the rectangles and replaced them with the default HUD element backgrounds (looks nicer imo)
    • Health now has a 'glow' effect; which illuminates the digits for the health
    • Removed the background for the cash
    • All HUD elements are lined up symmetrically on the horizontal axis (excluding the cash)
    • Changed the scoreboard font back to default so it looks nicer

Let me know what you guys think of these edits and if you prefer this HUD design over the last. Obviously I've still got other things I want to change and won't release this just yet (unless you really want me to).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Hi mate,

Is there a way of displaying how many players are in-game on the servers menu?

Do I need to redownload the file to effect these changes?

Total Donations For

Hi mate,

Is there a way of displaying how many players are in-game on the servers menu?

Do I need to redownload the file to effect these changes?
    Do you mean when you're at the main menu? Cause if click Find Server it should show how many players are on each DtK server in the community server browser.

Total Donations For

On this screen, I tend to use a desktop shortcut to fire the game up rather than the DtK forums. It isn't that big a deal if it's too much fartarsing around, I just thought it might be a handy feature to have
    Attached Images

Total Donations For

On this screen, I tend to use a desktop shortcut to fire the game up rather than the DtK forums. It isn't that big a deal if it's too much fartarsing around, I just thought it might be a handy feature to have
    I don't think it's possible to display the current number of players on the main menu, you'd have to go click Find Server and check the servers there to see how many players are on each server.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 274
    mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] mrsyogibear     $ 0.00
    Love love the 'glow effect' of the health, so this will still glow throughout taking damage aswell?
    will the clock still flash red when the time is just about up?
    HUD elements look great and clean now!
    Can we see the scoreboard too? I cant remember it the other way ;p LOL

Otherwise, your work is great as usual x

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsyogibear For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by mrsyogibear View Post
    Love love the 'glow effect' of the health, so this will still glow throughout taking damage aswell?
    will the clock still flash red when the time is just about up?
    HUD elements look great and clean now!
    Can we see the scoreboard too? I cant remember it the other way ;p LOL

Otherwise, your work is great as usual x
    The glow is always there and doesn't disappear, it just makes it look nicer and stand out more than the other HUD elements.

The clock still flashes red when the time is almost up.

Scoreboard

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew

Total Donations For

For me, I like the health changing colour when health is really low.
    I seem to notice that better with the colour change, just my pref. tho

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by PigSy View Post
    Definitely something I can keep in when the next version comes around. Are you happy with the purple/blue config or would you prefer different colours?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew

Total Donations For

The rest of your styling is really good Krusty so +1

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Redneck
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210 has much to be proud of Hydrus210's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Hydrus210     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty Burger View Post
    The glow is always there and doesn't disappear, it just makes it look nicer and stand out more than the other HUD elements.

The clock still flashes red when the time is almost up.

Scoreboard
    New font on the scoreboard?

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrus210 View Post
    New font on the scoreboard?
    Yeah I changed it because it was a bit blurry and had some complaints. Also I've noticed the CT purple colour sometimes fades into the background when it's bright and becomes hard to see so I might change that too.

Let me know if there's any issues or anything you want me to add

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Looks good Burger.
    Would be clean as if the text was all gray and there was no black border, would definitely start using it ;D

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 274
    mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear has much to be proud of mrsyogibear's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] mrsyogibear     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by PigSy View Post

^^ could you keep the glow effect and the health change colour still? or can t you have both elements happening at the sametime?

Looks like a few ppl like both effects thats all

33. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsyogibear For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by mrsyogibear View Post
    ^^ could you keep the glow effect and the health change colour still? or can t you have both elements happening at the sametime?

Looks like a few ppl like both effects thats all
    Yes if that's what you guys would like, then I'll change it back.

Would you prefer the original purple/blue, or would you prefer this pink shade instead of the purple, or would you like 2 different colours altogether?

Btw once I have completed the GUI I will happily change the colours for individuals to match your favourite 2 colours if you'd like.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Krusty Burger For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information