Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Sky_collapsed will become famous soon enough Sky_collapsed's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00

One night a week can we

- Remove para p90, m249 from the weapons menu

-remove med packs (Seriously, the amount of times i get 103+ dmg head shots only to die from the same person due to them stacking is starting to get frustrating for me)

That's really it, just once a week I don't think would be a lot to ask or at the minimum once a week remove the medpacks, either of the two or both of them but even just removing the medpacks once a week would at least be interesting imo.

For this I would suggest Saturday night from 5pm to 10pm.

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 0%

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    So you want to remove key aspects of D2dm in a peak hour time?

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delta For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Only ONE night a week for a few hours.

what's the problem? Rest of the time it would be business as normal.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_collapsed For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    The main thing is it's a minority request.
    Server changes can definitely be made for events you could speak to the DD2 admins and see what they think about having events with these things included /removed and maybe they could be on a regular basis.
    It would probably be impractical /not high enough demand to just add this into the servers rotation, especially as Delta has mentioned, at a high peak time frame, that's the problem.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    Server changes can definitely be made for events you could speak to the DD2 admins and see what they think about having events with these things included /removed and maybe they could be on a regular basis.
    It would probably be impractical /not high enough demand to just add this into the servers rotation, especially as Delta has mentioned, at a high peak time frame, that's the problem.
    that's why I posted it here.

I really don't feel once a week is too much ask just to do something different for a change as it would still be business as usual for the other 6 days.

And wherever it happens on a Saturday or or Tuesday it's still best to do it from 5pm to 10pm but a Saturday is the better day and then the server would just go back to normal.

Could we at least look at trialing it one Saturday from 5pm to 10pm and see what people think at the minimum.

If a lot of people like it then I don't I see why it couldn't be every Saturday but if not many people like it than maybe do it once a month.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Yea you don't feel it's much to ask but it also means that if we are changing the server to suit 1 player for a day - we have to also do it for the other players. Would you be happy with a Para only day, a p90 only day,etc ?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Yea you don't feel it's much to ask but it also means that if we are changing the server to suit 1 player for a day - we have to also do it for the other players. Would you be happy with a Para only day, a p90 only day,etc ?
    Wouldn't bother me, I just wouldn't play on those days.

Anyways we can at least trial this idea and see what the community thinks.

If say 1-10 percent like the idea, do it once every two months, if 11-30 percent like it do it once or twice a month, if 30+ percent like it do it once a week or once a fortnight.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331

Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger has a reputation beyond repute Krusty Burger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Krusty Burger     $ 100.00
    I understand where Sky is coming from, as I have made similar kinds of requests for the zombies server back before I was an admin.

From my interpretation; I believe he wants to change up the gameplay once a week because he may have found D2 Deathmatch repetitive from long play sessions over a fair period of time.

That being said, accommodating to one player's needs/requests generally leads to the majority of players becoming dissatisfied or somewhat unhappy about abrupt server changes. This is where events come along; they provide unique gameplay experiences that differ from regular gameplay.

Communicating with the admins on the server and suggesting an event that includes your ideal server setting changes could help provide the server with more regular events. Consequently, the majority of players won't be dissatisfied because there aren't permanent server settings changes and the minority that want gameplay changes will be content with future events.

Hope this helps

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Yeah I'm of course not proposing it to be a permanent change just an event, albeit a more consistent one.

But I think it should first be actually trialed on the server to see what the reaction is but I believe both ideas should be trialed.

1- Remove P90, M249 and Dakdak from the weapons list and med packs for one night only and see what people think, if enough people like that it should become a consistent event either once a week or once a fortnight.

If Idea one doesn't get a whole lot of support try idea 2 which would be just removing the medpacks but not removing any weapons.

If neither idea gets an ok amount of support oh well, at least we tried freshening things up a bit.

And yeah, I'm making these suggestions to try and freshen the gameplay up a bit, i've been playing this server since the days when you could pack 500hp on from the med packs so i've been playing this server for quite some time and feel it would be good to at least trial something new and see how it fares in public opinion.

bear
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 102

boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] boo_boo     $ 20.00
    Appreciate the suggestion, as these guns can be frustrating...this is a common complaint...others complain about the AWPS...

So idea 1 in my view is wholesale change...so too significant to change

Idea 2...well I'm a health pack whore so...not in favour...

If it ain't broke...

Cheers,

boo boo

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boo_boo For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Could you perhaps enlighten me as to how removing 3 weapons and medpacks once a week or even once a MONTH is too much?

At least can we trial both these and see what the actual community thinks rather than arguing on here about it?

If no one likes it than fine, we obviously won't do it again and I won't bring it up again.

I really don't mean to sound rude but your two reasons for not doing it to me basically boils down to laziness and you not wanting to lose med packs once a week or once a month.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls has a brilliant future Gooby_Pls's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Gooby_Pls     $ 0.00
    "I really don't mean to sound rude but your two reasons for not doing it to me basically boils down to laziness and you not wanting to lose med packs once a week or once a month."

I mean, one could also say that the reason you want it done boils down to you wanting to get easier kills, is that a good reason to change a server?

Secondly the community are free to add their thoughts to this but no one really has, the only one asking for it is yourself which doesn't make the chance of it happening very high.

Thirdly, your best bet is to suggest (as opposed to the demanding tone you are veering into) an event to the admins of the server, try to make it fun and appealing with some sort of theme to it, then if there is positive feedback you may have a shot at a regular event happening.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gooby_Pls For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_collapsed View Post
    Could you perhaps enlighten me as to how removing 3 weapons and medpacks once a week or even once a MONTH is too much?

At least can we trial both these and see what the actual community thinks rather than arguing on here about it?

If no one likes it than fine, we obviously won't do it again and I won't bring it up again.

I really don't mean to sound rude but your two reasons for not doing it to me basically boils down to laziness and you not wanting to lose med packs once a week or once a month.

Two reasons?
    Here are at least 5 -

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    It would probably be impractical /not high enough demand to just add this into the servers rotation,
    which leads down the same path as this -
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    it also means that if we are changing the server to suit 1 player for a day - we have to also do it for the other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty Burger View Post
    accommodating to one player's needs/requests generally leads to the majority of players becoming dissatisfied or somewhat unhappy about abrupt server changes.
    Events, as I have already mentioned, and as Krusty mentions here
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty Burger View Post
    Communicating with the admins on the server and suggesting an event that includes your ideal server setting changes could help provide the server with more regular events.
    Events are what you should consider for this request, we don't do adhoc changes such as this to servers as a general play change type thing, it's more in line with our events system.
    Basically any server you like playing on, PM the ADMINS [JA or SA if there is one] and let them know your idea for an event, they will discuss and come up with the day they see would best fit the style of event proposed.
    It is advertised on the forum where everybody can see and can show up for the fun.
    Should it be successful, there is a high chance the event can and will run again.

It has basically nothing to do with laziness, and everything to do with majority player base continued satisfaction, time and personal resources it takes for whomever is involved that will need to make these changes server side, the issue not being so large that we are actually in need of making changes on such a regular basis, and as previously stated, if we open up the idea of making changes to suit a single player, we then expose ourselves to allllllllllllllllll the other single person requests we get.

I'm closing this thread so as to avoid going in circles.

You may not think you're being rude, but the demanding tone says otherwise IMO
    Last edited by Cuffeh; 23-02-18 at 03:21 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information