+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question: What do you like about TTT maps?

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

Question: What do you like about TTT maps?

Hi all,

Was curious about TTT maps as they don't really need to have any clear defined functions or layouts, so I thought I would ask what people love and hate about TTT maps.

Do you like them to be realistic or fun?
    Do you like them to be wacky or uniformed?
    Do you like them to be open cut or a labyrinth of corridors/tunnels?
    Do you prefer them to be inside, outside or inside/outside?

Anything you guys are able to list would be appreciate.

This is for no specific reason at all btw

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Former JA
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Lukas     $ 0.00
    The best maps are those with a large amount of vantage points (dolls), or maps that have a place that traitors pretty much always end up in (island tower). Not too many places to hide or else it gets boring

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lukas For This Useful Post:

uwu
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 173

Eunha will become famous soon enough Eunha will become famous soon enough Eunha's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Eunha     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
    The best maps are those with a large amount of vantage points (dolls), or maps that have a place that traitors pretty much always end up in (island tower). Not too many places to hide or else it gets boring
    add more spots for people to teleport around so it doesn't drag the round out for hours.
    qq

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eunha For This Useful Post:

Bhop Buddies
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94

Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Prophet     $ 90.00
    So i would relate it to a map of teirs, Because in my opinion the best maps are those that have levels like dolls, desperados, island, rooftops, westwood. I believe a mix of outside and inside however more outside with a big space for outside (so mini houses or inside places). Not many hiding spots, I prefer a half realistic approach, like island and your map dtk streets. Also a wacky map is always good however not too wacky... Like chess isn't the best map because its very wacky and unrealistic. So outside is good however, it's probably best to add little spots inside that either connect or anything, just no hiding spots. (map secrets plz)
    Don't click this ===>https://imgur.com/a/klfemgH

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prophet For This Useful Post:

Casual Cuck
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Sypher has a spectacular aura about Sypher has a spectacular aura about Sypher has a spectacular aura about Sypher's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Sypher     $ 30.00
    aesthically i prefer simple maps cause wacky maps can be a bit tiring after a while(see southpark and chess). I agree with the vantage points thing make for better maps (see dolls,Despardos,rooftops,canyon,rooftops). having a few but not too many vantage points makes for obvious place for traitors to secure early on but these also become double edged swords as innos know to watch these vantage points leading to a balanced round. in terms of corriodors i think having a complex maze like layout would make the map really t sided leading to innos being bored waiting to be killed. Also while hiding spots are important to ttt i think some maps have way to many hiding spots(see depardos, island) which often leads to 3mins of watching someone looking for an inno. Most ttt maps that i personally find fun are fun cause as an inno and as a traitor i feel like i have an equal chance of winning.

Now Maps i hate and why : teenroom= too many hiding spots, Dtk Street(sorry please dont ban me)= too wide/open with hiding spots making it inno sided. As a T on that map i feel like theres hardly anywhere for me to kill innos where im not exposed from 3 different angles at all times.

All in all this is my opinon and not a representation of what the TTT community likes/hates and if i sound like im rambling its cause ive been awake for 32 hours hopefully you can find something coherent that you can use.

Yes sypher is weird.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sypher For This Useful Post:

Pun Master
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob has a brilliant future Bob's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bob     $ 165.00
    maps with secrets e.g. DTK Streets

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622

Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cody2G     $ 10.00
    Traitor rooms, especially the one in innocent hotel is a extremely big turn off for me in regards to TTT maps. I think a lot has been covered already in the posts above.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody2G For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
    aesthically i prefer simple maps cause wacky maps can be a bit tiring after a while(see southpark and chess). I agree with the vantage points thing make for better maps (see dolls,Despardos,rooftops,canyon,rooftops). having a few but not too many vantage points makes for obvious place for traitors to secure early on but these also become double edged swords as innos know to watch these vantage points leading to a balanced round. in terms of corriodors i think having a complex maze like layout would make the map really t sided leading to innos being bored waiting to be killed. Also while hiding spots are important to ttt i think some maps have way to many hiding spots(see depardos, island) which often leads to 3mins of watching someone looking for an inno. Most ttt maps that i personally find fun are fun cause as an inno and as a traitor i feel like i have an equal chance of winning.

Now Maps i hate and why : teenroom= too many hiding spots, Dtk Street(sorry please dont ban me)= too wide/open with hiding spots making it inno sided. As a T on that map i feel like theres hardly anywhere for me to kill innos where im not exposed from 3 different angles at all times.

All in all this is my opinon and not a representation of what the TTT community likes/hates and if i sound like im rambling its cause ive been awake for 32 hours hopefully you can find something coherent that you can use.

Yes sypher is weird.
    @Squall Can I get a ban over here please?

Jks haha. I appreciate the feedback. Made DTK_streets after like an hour of playing TTT because I was looking for a project. Haven't played much since.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 493

PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

PotatoDreamz     $ 55.00
    My personal opinion:

I rather my maps more realistic, but a fun touch (a few secrets hear and there - that won't disadvantage other teams).
    More on the side of uniform, but not too uniform?? 85% uniform 15% whacky??
    Not open cut but with corridors that don't act like a annoying ass maze to get through.
    And I find maps with an inside and outside better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody2G View Post
    Traitor rooms, especially the one in innocent hotel is a extremely big turn off for me in regards to TTT maps. I think a lot has been covered already in the posts above.
    and in reference to this^
    I don't mind the overall idea of traitor rooms, but like the one on innocent motel, it's too OP and it doesn't need shooty holes unless the traitor can be easily shot as well - Just a spot to hide to let things cool or let off/set special traps without camping/delaying.
    Last edited by PotatoDreamz; 10-10-17 at 08:04 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PotatoDreamz For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Ripkurrle24 is a jewel in the rough Ripkurrle24 is a jewel in the rough Ripkurrle24 is a jewel in the rough Ripkurrle24's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Ripkurrle24     $ 25.00
    not dying

senõr admin for le surf
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 351

Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lewi     $ 40.69
    • 80% realistic 20% fun - like canyon, a realistic map then a fun aspect with the code (if u wanna call it fun, others hate it lol)
    • uniformed > wacky, like chess is ridiculous
    • maybe a bit of both? like a part of the map open but some corridors/tunnels? kind of like mainstay
    • inside/outside, kind of like dolls yeah

too many hiding spots kind of like teenroom is annoying and drags on.
    +1 to the vantage points comments

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lewi For This Useful Post:

:slop:
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] TayK47     $ 30.00
    Here goes:

Bit of Both. more realistic than fun but I'd like some variety.

again, bit of both. more uniformed than wacky but variety is good

open cut is preferred but some corridors/tunnels are favoured

inside/outside

What makes a good TTT map?

A good ttt map requires open spaces to challenge the Traitors, but balance is necessary in a good map so a few corridors and rooms are recommended. TTT maps should encourage fast game play so the rounds aren't drawn out and boring for spectators (*cough* DryBone *cough*). 3-4 common hiding spots make it easier for traitors and more enjoyable for spectators, instead of wandering around checking every room and every corner in the map until the timer runs out. fewer hiding spots encourage innocents to do their objective rather than hiding and waiting for the traitors to call kos on themselves. Secrets and other quirks entertain innocents on boring rounds (DTK Streets secret+Octodad player model). these are the features that I see in a good TTT map.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TayK47 For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Total Donations For

OK cool so the trend seems to be focused towards realism and more uniformed (although I just thought of an upside down room so there's that!).

Some people mentioned vantage points; what do you specifically mean by that?

Also, any ideas on themes for the map (ie streets )?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

senõr admin for le surf
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 351

Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi has a reputation beyond repute Lewi's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lewi     $ 40.69
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    no pool/resort maps, there's heaps of those at the moment :O

Avocado Lover
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258

Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lizzy     $ 145.99
    Hello

Personally I like realistic maps. My favourite maps are Island and Parkhouse. I like the indoor/outdoor mixture and the size of the maps.

Rat maps are ok in moderation, but realism is better.

I made a joke a few months ago saying it would be awesome if someone made a map based on Bunnings. Purely because there is a Bunnings store in a couple of the posters on Street (nice work on Street by the way.) and a few people actually thought it would be pretty cool given the different sections of Bunnings. The Aisles, the garden centre, SAUSAGE SIZZLE! etc haha.

I love the idea of the Malibu map because i adore GTA Vice city and while it is a good map it is 90% indoors and would have benefited from having a smaller interior and some more space outside.

Anyway keep up the good work!

Filthy 12ie
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 234
    cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] cloney     $ 0.00
    Minecraft map

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 279
    vnasian is just really nice vnasian is just really nice vnasian is just really nice vnasian is just really nice vnasian's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] vnasian     $ 0.00
    Anything similar to dolls or DtK streets

:slop:
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] TayK47     $ 30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    OK cool so the trend seems to be focused towards realism and more uniformed (although I just thought of an upside down room so there's that!).

Some people mentioned vantage points; what do you specifically mean by that?

Good idea, I'm all for it!
    As for the vantage points, higher ground (tower on island, or the bookshelves on Dolls), windows in buildings and off angles make for great vantage points
    Halloween is coming so maybe a Spooky Halloween themed map as a suggestion. I know some people like Star Wars as well so theres an idea you could build onto (millennium Falcon map??).

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Haha don't think there is enough textures or models available to make a good star wars map. Not great at photoshop D:

I toyed with the concept of Bunnings back when I made the map that features the big bunnings building. Was going to make it a Hide N Seek map. The major floor is the fact that its a large open space that is only separated in part my shelving, which can cause a lot of strain on the FPS. That, and Source has sweet ♥♥♥♥ all props to use that aren't physics based

Could look at texturing store items onto pallets to make them look like pallets of boxed gear, but there wouldn't be anyway to put the Aesthetics of a real bunnings in the map without a dedicated prop developer.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23

GARRYtheGOON ツ is on a distinguished road GARRYtheGOON ツ's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] GARRYtheGOON ツ     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    Hello

Personally I like realistic maps. My favourite maps are Island and Parkhouse. I like the indoor/outdoor mixture and the size of the maps.

Rat maps are ok in moderation, but realism is better.

I made a joke a few months ago saying it would be awesome if someone made a map based on Bunnings. Purely because there is a Bunnings store in a couple of the posters on Street (nice work on Street by the way.) and a few people actually thought it would be pretty cool given the different sections of Bunnings. The Aisles, the garden centre, SAUSAGE SIZZLE! etc haha.

I love the idea of the Malibu map because i adore GTA Vice city and while it is a good map it is 90% indoors and would have benefited from having a smaller interior and some more space outside.

Anyway keep up the good work!
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff Bunnings. Also i like maps with good lighting

33. The Following User Says Thank You to GARRYtheGOON ツ For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information