• Yes

5 62.50%
  • No

3 37.50%
Closed Thread

Thread: Addressing Name-Change Rule

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    ShaggyRogers will become famous soon enough ShaggyRogers will become famous soon enough ShaggyRogers's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] ShaggyRogers     $ 0.00

Addressing Name-Change Rule

Hello TTT players :^)

You probably see this thread and are like, "you're an idiot Shaggy!!", but hear me out please!! <3

This is the rule I am addressing:
    8. Name Changing: DO NOT change your name during the game (even if you are dead). You may only change your name during the warm up period.

I understand why you shouldn't change your name. It makes total sense in the context of the gamemode. I also understand that even if you're dead, there is still a potential for confusion.

Can I just ask though please - If someone changes their name, please don't jump to warning/kicking/slaying/banning (unless it's obvious that they're ghosting/meta-gaming, etc.). Ask them why they did it, and if they don't respond, then do what you have to do. That's how it is for following up on potential RDMs.
    It's just frustrating because people freak out over it even though it almost never has any impact or influence on the game whatsoever. I tend to change my name rather frequently... Whilst I am yet to be punished for it, it just seems so ridiculous that I'm at risk of being banned for something like this. If I was ghosting, then sure, I would deserve it 100%. But that has never been the case.

I don't expect much, but I hope that at least a few of you can see where I'm coming from, and that a change in interpretation of this rule will be considered.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShaggyRogers For This Useful Post:

ShaggyRogers will become famous soon enough ShaggyRogers will become famous soon enough ShaggyRogers's Avatar
    Total Donations For

You've pretty much got it but you're kind of missing the point I was trying to make. It's less about the rule itself I suppose, and more about the way the rule is enforced. This isn't targeting any admin, but generally speaking, admins tend to use rules less as a guideline, and more as one of the ten commandments, if that makes sense. It's like, if you change your name mid-round, then you only had the worst of intentions, you should have known better, and you're getting warned/kicked. Even though at the end of the day, that person most likely had no bad intentions, and their action didn't affect the gameplay whatsoever. Just as an example: I was playing under a different name to what I normally would today - When I died, I instinctively changed my name back to its' original. The reaction that you get from players is ridiculous. Some of the people were joking, but most players freaked out saying "KICK HIM", "BAN HIM", and so on.

I feel like this thread is meaningless, probably because it is, but eh... I just felt that I needed to say something so I did

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ShaggyRogers For This Useful Post:

Avocado Lover
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258

Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lizzy     $ 145.99
    You don't get banned for changing your name you get kicked. This is the rules for everyone I have been kicked for doing it. It's easy to change name and press "ok" before the round ends by accident which is what happens to me. But i have never been warned or banned for doing it. I get kicked. It is to make sure none of the names affect the game in terms of giving away any info on t's or innos. Not to mention all the confusion when people are talking about a player who is dead and their name has completely changed.

If you start letting admins have the option of kicking regarding what the name says and is it affecting the game or not, its just going to waste their time and a blanket rule across the board makes their life a lot easier. Plus being kicked for one round isn't the end of the world.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lizzy For This Useful Post:

:slop:
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] TayK47     $ 30.00
    If exceptions to a rule are made, then these exceptions will be exploited and twisted. Little rules like these being enforced prove admins power and reduce the amount of players breaking rules because they notice this. Just don't change your name and everything will be Gucci.
    Also, if you do change your name mid round, just type "retry" in console or leave the server and reconnect.
    Last edited by TayK47; 08-10-17 at 01:24 PM.

Total Donations For

:^)

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622

Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cody2G     $ 10.00
    Rules exist for a reason, and there are set punishments for breaking the rules. You wouldn't get banned for changing your name, you would get banned for mass-RDM and things of that nature. You would get kicked for changing your name if you're out of the allocated time for it.

/thread
    Last edited by Cody2G; 08-10-17 at 04:36 PM.

Total Donations For

Yeah but you get banned for 2 hours because of the 3-warning system. It might not seem like much because it's not, but it's still annoying :^)

:slop:
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] TayK47     $ 30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyRogers View Post
    Yeah but you get banned for 2 hours because of the 3-warning system. It might not seem like much because it's not, but it's still annoying :^)
    That is your problem for not being able to abide by rules...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TayK47 For This Useful Post:

Too busy travelling the world.
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 255

Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Satalin     $ 273.71

Even admins have been caught changing there name in-game, can we please get a ban on the admins?

"I don't know. When I came to I was abandoned in this world. An unknown sky. Not knowing where or how to get back. Not even dreaming of hope. - Merry Nightmare "
    "Do you want to know where the real hell is hiding? It’s inside your head. - Chrona"

"A sound soul…resides within a sound mind, and a sound body. - Maka Albarn"
    "The thing you wished for the most, is something you’ll never get. - Aisaka Taiga"

SS | DaChampzLegend: im gonna start shit on regs thread
    SS | DaChampzLegend: try and stop me
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: DONT ♥♥♥♥
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: ILL HAVE YOUR ASS OUT ON THE STREET
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: LITTLE ♥♥♥♥
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: IM FLEXIN MY TINY MUSCLES
    SS | DaChampzLegend: do u even know how to ping?
    | Frendy | DtK |: yes
    | Frendy | DtK |: use cmd prompt :O
    | Frendy | DtK |: i remember
    SS | DaChampzLegend: but do u know how to ping a server
    | Frendy | DtK |: finch taught me how
    SS | DaChampzLegend: ping 192.168.0.1
    | Frendy | DtK |: insted of the web address dont you just put in the ip?
    | Frendy | DtK |: No
    SS | DaChampzLegend: obvious ip is obvious
    | Frendy | DtK |: thats my local ip
    | Frendy | DtK |: im not f.u.c.kin retarded!
    SS | DaChampzLegend: thats ur ip, so u'll be pinging urself

Ahri <3

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Satalin For This Useful Post:

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    I never understood this rule to be honest, changing your name while dead has no impact on the round (unless they are using it to ghost, but that's covered by another rule)

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by IcePowered View Post
    I never understood this rule to be honest, changing your name while dead has no impact on the round (unless they are using it to ghost, but that's covered by another rule)
    Round 1 - Icepowdered RDM's Jetslackin
    Recorded into TTT logs as blah blah Icepowdered hurt Jetslackin bad action blah blah blah
    You die to something and change name to CoolName2
    Start of Round2 Admin reviewing logs sees "blah blah Icepowdered hurt Jetslackin bad action blah blah blah"
    Who the hell is Icepowdered??

(d is intentional)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

The Darkest Skarr
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136

DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr is a name known to all DarkSkarr's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DarkSkarr     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Round 1 - Icepowdered RDM's Jetslackin
    Recorded into TTT logs as blah blah Icepowdered hurt Jetslackin bad action blah blah blah
    You die to something and change name to CoolName2
    Start of Round2 Admin reviewing logs sees "blah blah Icepowdered hurt Jetslackin bad action blah blah blah"
    Who the hell is Icepowdered??

(d is intentional)
    I think this pretty much closes the case on the name-change rule, don't we?

/thread?

Semi-professional lobster
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 447

Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Hollywood Rex     $ 65.56
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    (d is intentional)
    :thinking:

Its a pretty simple rule which is why it has a consistent admin reaction (usually a kick). There isn't a need to ask someone why they changed their name. The reason someone may get a warning from this is if they're consistently breaking the rule after being told not to.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood Rex For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information