+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5 Years

Shot Blocker, Rim Rocker
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Overall activity: 0%

Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Shaq     $ 10.00

5 Years

As some of you might know, and as a lot of you probably don't I joined DtK 5 years ago.

It all started on CS:Source, where the first thing I did when I bought the game was join a random server, a server which happened to be the DtK Office 24/7 deathmatch server.

I was trash.

So after getting destroyed a couple times I decided to try some other servers. With my favourite being Jailbreak. The mode itself was fun, but really, it was the social side that had me coming back. It wasn't long before I became a regular and bought a headset so that I could finally fill the server with my sweet 13 year old voice. I was sure that everyone would love it, especially bearing my initial in-game name that i'm sure someone will post below. (It was really cool trust me).

Unsurprisingly, not everyone loved me.

Nonetheless, I found some people who didn't hate me. Most notably,Pilot Jones whose intimidating voice would protect me from Shadow Grits frivolous insults. Not much later, I signed up to forums, made some cringy posts and took a one year hiatus.

When I came back, things were different. Some people I had known were gone, I was older, but Jailbreak was still around so I joined. In a coincidental turn of events, Pilot Jones decided to join the server as well under some weird ass name(Old Milk in Japanese or some shit). I got back into it again, and that's when I made friends with some people who I still know today. (you know who you are <3)

It was during this time (2014ish) that I applied for, and received Jailbreak Junior Admin, with Pilot Jones as Senior Admin, just after Shadow stepped down. I did a lot in this time period, I started learning how to play comp with Bento, Cozzy and occasionally Jet, I 'married' KT, and lived through Regs' disastrous late teen years.

But perhaps most significantly. I introduced my IRL "friend" Ham to DtK.

After the Jailbreak glory days ended and Pilot and I and many other admins stepped down. I took another year off, where Ham quickly rose to high ranks, proving himself to be my most impactful contribution to this website to date. Seriously, i'm sure more of you know him than me.

But again, I came back.

Jailbreak was gone, but Trouble in Terrorist Town was my new favourite, where Ham was well established. I met some new friends, reunited with some old ones and just recently became Junior Admin. of TTT.

And here I am now 5 years later. Crazy to think that I might've never come back after that first hiatus...or the second. But I did, and it's because this community had always been so good to me and had given me some great memories that I won't forget.

So big thanks to Squall for enabling all of this to happen, along with the rest of the staff(especially Krez) and council, and thanks to all of you that I have met at some point for an incredible 5 year story that i'm sure isn't going to end any time soon.

And if you think it does. Just wait a year. I'll be back. :-)
    Last edited by Shaq; 21-05-17 at 09:20 PM.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 493

PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

PotatoDreamz     $ 55.00
    I think I just teared up a little :')

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PotatoDreamz For This Useful Post:

Resident Crayfish
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 690

KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] KT     $ 451.55
    What a lil cutie #ShaKT

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KT For This Useful Post:

Pro Ice Block, Former TTT SA
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 115

IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IceBlock     $ 10.00
    Your an Admin of TTT?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceBlock For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 251
    matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] matthew267811     $ 0.00
    Shaq plays TTT nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Who Dares Wins

9. The Following User Says Thank You to matthew267811 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 436

Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Boarding     $ 50.00
    I don't think that text is big enough

Trouble in Terrorist Town JA
    3/8/16 - 10/9/17

24/8/20 - 29/4/21

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boarding For This Useful Post:

I hate Life
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 165

DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DOGGER     $ 10.00
    Who's Shaq

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DOGGER For This Useful Post:

Shot Blocker, Rim Rocker

Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Boarding View Post
    I don't think that text is big enough
    It's so grandparents like you can read it without their glasses

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    who the ♥♥♥♥ is ham?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ham For This Useful Post:

:slop:
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] TayK47     $ 30.00
    why wasn't this kid perma'd 5 years ago? Squall I think you need to grab hold of this situation...

Jokes aside, Happy 5 years buddy! I'm still intrigued as to what this really cool username was!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TayK47 For This Useful Post:

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    Shaq you're a class act my friend
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TayK47 View Post
    why wasn't this kid perma'd 5 years ago? Squall I think you need to grab hold of this situation...

Jokes aside, Happy 5 years buddy! I'm still intrigued as to what this really cool username was!
    I can't remember it was ages ago, I think either DupstepTaco or Spongebob Bosspants? Either that or Spongebob SwaggaPants.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ham For This Useful Post:

Shot Blocker, Rim Rocker

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    Spongebob SwaggaPants.
    got me.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaq For This Useful Post:

A Dirty Plebian
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored is just really nice drillmored's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] drillmored     $ 0.00
    "All T's face your cells for a guncheck. Gun check has started"
    Drillmored

26. The Following User Says Thank You to drillmored For This Useful Post:

LeKrez James
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    good to see you've made a return, your hiatus was upsetting for the usual gang. Hopefully you stick around for a long time.
    you're a cool dude, DubstepTaco.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6CKP47CIQw

cheese
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 311
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    DubstepTaco?
    HAHAHAHAHAH
    I'm never letting that go.

ur a pretty cool ttt admin I guess...
    congrats DubstepTaco / iDot boy xoxo 5 years and many more to come

29. The Following User Says Thank You to sharkfood For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 251
    matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811 has much to be proud of matthew267811's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] matthew267811     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    who the ♥♥♥♥ is ham?
    I don't know some random kid who comes on TTT for a bit XD

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matthew267811 For This Useful Post:

b1gby
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar has much to be proud of Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar has much to be proud of Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar has much to be proud of Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar has much to be proud of Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar has much to be proud of Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar has much to be proud of Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar has much to be proud of Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar has much to be proud of Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar     $ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Link
    shiet why is digby so good at everything

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sir_Digby_Chicken_Caesar For This Useful Post:

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    Wait wait wait wait, WAIT ...
    This is a nice story but you're missing one essential part, mate...

Where are the bloody dragons?
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    So you are the reason that the plague known as ham has infected this fine community.

And here i was thinking you were a nice guy and stuff . . . . . NOT ANYMORE!!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information