+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5 Years

Shot Blocker, Rim Rocker
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Overall activity: 0%

Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Shaq     $ 10.00

5 Years

As some of you might know, and as a lot of you probably don't I joined DtK 5 years ago.

It all started on CS:Source, where the first thing I did when I bought the game was join a random server, a server which happened to be the DtK Office 24/7 deathmatch server.

I was trash.

So after getting destroyed a couple times I decided to try some other servers. With my favourite being Jailbreak. The mode itself was fun, but really, it was the social side that had me coming back. It wasn't long before I became a regular and bought a headset so that I could finally fill the server with my sweet 13 year old voice. I was sure that everyone would love it, especially bearing my initial in-game name that i'm sure someone will post below. (It was really cool trust me).

Unsurprisingly, not everyone loved me.

Nonetheless, I found some people who didn't hate me. Most notably,Pilot Jones whose intimidating voice would protect me from Shadow Grits frivolous insults. Not much later, I signed up to forums, made some cringy posts and took a one year hiatus.

When I came back, things were different. Some people I had known were gone, I was older, but Jailbreak was still around so I joined. In a coincidental turn of events, Pilot Jones decided to join the server as well under some weird ass name(Old Milk in Japanese or some shit). I got back into it again, and that's when I made friends with some people who I still know today. (you know who you are <3)

It was during this time (2014ish) that I applied for, and received Jailbreak Junior Admin, with Pilot Jones as Senior Admin, just after Shadow stepped down. I did a lot in this time period, I started learning how to play comp with Bento, Cozzy and occasionally Jet, I 'married' KT, and lived through Regs' disastrous late teen years.

But perhaps most significantly. I introduced my IRL "friend" Ham to DtK.

After the Jailbreak glory days ended and Pilot and I and many other admins stepped down. I took another year off, where Ham quickly rose to high ranks, proving himself to be my most impactful contribution to this website to date. Seriously, i'm sure more of you know him than me.

But again, I came back.

Jailbreak was gone, but Trouble in Terrorist Town was my new favourite, where Ham was well established. I met some new friends, reunited with some old ones and just recently became Junior Admin. of TTT.

And here I am now 5 years later. Crazy to think that I might've never come back after that first hiatus...or the second. But I did, and it's because this community had always been so good to me and had given me some great memories that I won't forget.

So big thanks to Squall for enabling all of this to happen, along with the rest of the staff(especially Krez) and council, and thanks to all of you that I have met at some point for an incredible 5 year story that i'm sure isn't going to end any time soon.

And if you think it does. Just wait a year. I'll be back. :-)
    Last edited by Shaq; 21-05-17 at 10:20 PM.

Former JA
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Lukas     $ 0.00
    You introduced a bully to this community, congrats

He only bullies me a bit but congrats on 5 years Shag

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas For This Useful Post:

HOF,Former Zombie SA and TTT JA
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Dark Necessities     $ 0.00
    What do you mean you 'was' trash??!?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Necessities For This Useful Post:

Pro Rebel
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Plox     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaq View Post

Jailbreak glory days
    Will be missed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Plox For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    Congrats Shaq, still surprising that you've been here that long and still cant play...

yeh you take that frivolous insult ya jerk.

<3 love ya work mate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    Just saw this lmao, "old milk" I must've been on one.
    I'm comin' up on 5 years in a couple of months it's crazy to realize lol.

thx for the shoutout young blood xo.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information