+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 110 kills

AKA Qi_Bishop
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Onesks     $ 20.02

110 kills

Mjrmooseknuckle (I think) said a while back about having an idea of wanting to change the
    server's total number of kills from 110 to 85 or 80 kills (i'm not too sure what number, but i know it was one of the two). Im gonna have to side with this idea now.
    110 just feels way too long and exaggerated for Office with people eventually loosing interest and getting bored at around the 90 kill mark. Following the 90 kill mark, everything just feels slow and repetitive, eventually making me (and im sure on others) loose interest in continuing.
    This is especially true when the server is not full, making the game waaaaaay longer than what it needs to be. We should have a final kill number long enough to make the game interesting but not to the point where it feels completely boring before finishing up your game and i think personally 80-90 is a good number. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Onesks; 05-12-16 at 04:40 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onesks For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Psycho_62     $ 20.00

110 kills

Gotta agree with bishop, I like the 75 for SM Deathmatch, 110 is a bit long, that's a lot of knife kills to get

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psycho_62 For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 0%

Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Nitehawk     $ 30.00
    I agree and disagree...
    I agree that some sessions can last wayyyy too long but then I remember that the server is DM so unless you are concentrating on points the total number of kills is irrelevant.
    I disagree because when you the Pros (or atleast the good players) if you cut the total kills back it reduces the chances of the less-than-skilled, like me, of stealing the win.

Not helpful I know but I don't have to be, lol...... ahh hold on I'm a JA, I AM spose to be helpful aren't I .. ahh well :P

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nitehawk For This Useful Post:

AKA Qi_Bishop

Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
    I agree and disagree...
    I agree that some sessions can last wayyyy too long but then I remember that the server is DM so unless you are concentrating on points the total number of kills is irrelevant.
    I disagree because when you the Pros (or atleast the good players) if you cut the total kills back it reduces the chances of the less-than-skilled, like me, of stealing the win.

Not helpful I know but I don't have to be, lol...... ahh hold on I'm a JA, I AM spose to be helpful aren't I .. ahh well :P
    thank you for the great input! =D

AKA Qi_Bishop

Total Donations For

but yeah i understand completely where u are coming from Nitehawk, but at the end of the day we don't want the server to get boring and get people to loose interest merely because of how long it takes to end a game si?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 6.0%

kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy has much to be proud of kingy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] kingy     $ 10.00
    Yes Yes good call, 110 is at times long and well come on lets get it over , but with skilled players on and full server load well. it can be oh we only just started and its done. (but new game starts and server is no longer full.) lets face it not everyone like the main players stay on game for multiple sessions. so increase/decease may or may not influence players to stay. implement change, reduce match length may be a good thing. as i have suggested to Mr. Ops, could a scripted be added to remove kills to players at a score limit ( 90 kills eg ) if they are knifed, or shot by another player with a lesser kill count.

or another possibility ranked players E.G. [100000 + ] lose kills if they are winning the kill count and are killed by another player with a lesser kill count. as we no there are players that are more skilled than others ,(new or old) that play the server.

if i recall the conversation i had with Mr Op's about this , he informed me that it would be possible, if the right Scripting and protocols where in place.

so i am given my support to any changes that are put in place to help increase and hold server pop, even if they a temporary.

Thank you for your time, its much appreciated.

Kind Regards
    MR. K

Oh shit that's right i am not writing a letter

Kingy Out

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingy For This Useful Post:

AKA Qi_Bishop

Total Donations For

thanks mr k

Avocado Lover
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258

Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lizzy     $ 145.99
    I agree with this but only because I am not very good but also because I see the server in the quiet hours and a round can take a very long time. But if all the Admins/skilled players/Ops are on then it is fine. But it takes skilled players to make the round bearable sometimes when less skilled players are on it is very slow and new players are often asking how long the round has left, and I often have to just say "when someone reaches 110 kills". I have won 2 games and it took me a LONG time.

Just my two cents

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lizzy For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 43

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    Time for my 2 bux worth! :P At the end of the day it's office DM. Whether its 10 kills or 2000 kills, the game resets and we play it all over again. If you don't play for awhile the amount of wins you have resets anyway. Get the same amount of points for each kill regardless of if you win or not. I don't recall ever getting points for actually winning the game at 110. It's all about the in game kills, kill streaks and killing the higher ranked players etc.

If its changed to 90 kills, people will still leave before it's over and claim it's boring, because for a lot of people not winning is boring. Damn, when LLD or KO and others are on and I struggle for a kill, it can be first frustrating then boring. But i play office dm because its the best server going. I don't see how reducing the kill count will retain numbers, or increase them. I think the server is doing fine. Lot's of regular players playing lots of the time. This time a year ago we didnt have as much traffic as we seem to have now, or maybe it was a little while longer. I think our server has improved a lot.

Having said all that, if you guys want a trial at a lower kill count and KO and Squall are willing to do it, i'll cast my vote with you guys.

But I personally like it at 110 and would oppose any permanent change.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

AKA Qi_Bishop

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Time for my 2 bux worth! :P At the end of the day it's office DM. Whether its 10 kills or 2000 kills, the game resets and we play it all over again. If you don't play for awhile the amount of wins you have resets anyway. Get the same amount of points for each kill regardless of if you win or not. I don't recall ever getting points for actually winning the game at 110. It's all about the in game kills, kill streaks and killing the higher ranked players etc.

If its changed to 90 kills, people will still leave before it's over and claim it's boring, because for a lot of people not winning is boring. Damn, when LLD or KO and others are on and I struggle for a kill, it can be first frustrating then boring. But i play office dm because its the best server going. I don't see how reducing the kill count will retain numbers, or increase them. I think the server is doing fine. Lot's of regular players playing lots of the time. This time a year ago we didnt have as much traffic as we seem to have now, or maybe it was a little while longer. I think our server has improved a lot.

Having said all that, if you guys want a trial at a lower kill count and KO and Squall are willing to do it, i'll cast my vote with you guys.

good points there Walker, i mostly made this post to see different players opinion's on the limit as iv'e heard mixed reviews, if it were to go through a trial is something i'd vouch for definitely before permanently implementing it.

EDIT: I also felt the same originally Walker and felt that a change wasn't needed, but over time it just starts to feel like time has sloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn dooooooooowwwwwwwnnnn and you loose that push and edge to try and do well and get a good KDR because of how long you've been playing, eventually playing to the end of the game just to finish or just leaving right away. Its like what Kingy said above.

110 is at times long and well come on lets get it over , but with skilled players on and full server load well. it can be oh we only just started and its done. (but new game starts and server is no longer full.) lets face it not everyone like the main players stay on game for multiple sessions. so increase/decease may or may not influence players to stay. implement change, reduce match length may be a good thing.
    Last edited by Onesks; 05-12-16 at 08:46 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Onesks For This Useful Post:

Avocado Lover
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258

Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy is a splendid one to behold Lizzy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lizzy     $ 145.99
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post

Very well said and you raise some great points Walker. Some players sure make it hard to get kills, even for newbies myself when you're on!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzy For This Useful Post:

AKA Qi_Bishop

Total Donations For

What we should grasps is that Office does have a player base, a good strong one, but its not always full and most of the time empty before 6:30pm (sydney/melb time). With only a small amount of people joining before then. I do every now and again join before this time and games feel a lot longer compared to games past 6:30pm (as this time a handful of skilled/experienced players are on) making the games quick and fast due to them grabbing frags by the second. When there is a smaller number of skilled players less frags happen, as compared to frags with experienced players on the server (common sense really). This is why I think office (if fully decided on) should have a number to make games feel quicker when there is less people on but not too quick when there is a majority of players on (especially a majority of experienced players). I think if we do go by this decision (if we truly do want to) 92 should fit the bill? Im not fussy if there is no change to the final kill number changing, if it happens it happens. But I would much prefer it if there was a number compensating for whatever number of people are on the server.

AKA Qi_Bishop

Total Donations For

frankly just trying to make games faster when there is only 2v2 on (not counting bots) lets say.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Lyssa. will become famous soon enough Lyssa.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

Lyssa.     $ 0.00
    75-80 sounds good... a quick rounds a good round.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    linda12 will become famous soon enough linda12's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] linda12     $ 0.00
    yeah, bishie, it's a good call, i agree with that. although i love the game, sometimes i feel the game is bit too long

24. The Following User Says Thank You to linda12 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    FryRi is on a distinguished road FryRi's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] FryRi     $ 0.00
    I gotta agree, 110 does seem like a bit too much a lot of the time. Games will probably still hold up fine and go for a decent time if the kills were lowered to 80-90, unless Knight Ops is using a para.

I reckon 90 kills is a pretty solid number, decently empty games of like 4v4's/5v5's probably won't be too long considering there's always a good spawn trap happening every couple minutes resulting in a lot of quick kills.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Jnr_Jnr_Kingy will become famous soon enough Jnr_Jnr_Kingy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Jnr_Jnr_Kingy     $ 0.00
    I have to agree, it could increase the server population too, in my opinion, I reakon the kills should be like sm Deathmatch, like 75 kills, because like what bishop said, you are most likely bored by the time you reach the 90 kills Mark, I think 75 kills in my opinion 😛

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jnr_Jnr_Kingy For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Yeah, Moose originally suggested we trial the win limit @ 80 kills a while back.

When I initially broached his idea for a trial, concerns were raised that the game may end too briefly and with players often leaving at the end it has the potential to negatively impact server pop. So I left it on the back burner.

The idea has merit and should be tested, a ticket request has been submitted to this effect.

Quote Originally Posted by kingy View Post
    could a script be added to remove kills to players at a score limit ( 90 kills eg ) if they are knifed, or shot by another player with a lesser kill count.

or another possibility ranked players E.G. [100000 + ] lose kills if they are winning the kill count and are killed by another player with a lesser kill count.
    A curious proposition Kingy, I honestly couldn't answer yay or nay in terms of what’s possible with creating or modifying scripts etc. As I'm not the one who has to write them.

My suggestion, ask Squall directly via PM, detailing the specifics and intricacies of your idea to obtain an unequivocal answer.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

AKA Qi_Bishop

Total Donations For

Okay so lately the server has been running with 80Kills max on for trial. I thought i'd leave my thoughts here on Mooses 80kills idea.

I think i prefer it over the default 110kills max, Iv'e been in a couple games this week in the early afternoons with not much people on (usually around 3v3-5v5 no bots) and the games never got boring or felt as if they were slow or going on for a millenium. I felt as if several games that I have played went for a good amount of time with no sight of players leaving mid game, only at the start and ends. Earlier, Nitehawk, Knight-Ops, a long with a couple other players and I were playing (with a total of 3 on each time i think) and despite having a highly skilled player on the server who is ranked #1, the game didn't feel too quick or rushed, as if it was finished in a 'second'.

I have had a couple games with a lot of people on but not enough to make a certain grasp or final decision. All I have to say is that when its full it feels exactly the same whether there is experienced players on or not, it definitley feels quicker than compared to 110 kills, but I feel its not to an extent were I would remain on the 110 kills decision. As that slow sluggish feeling is no longer there with the 80 Kills present, compared to 110 kills feeling slow and uninteresting past 90 kills.

And lets not forget (which i actually forgot to mention previously) most people when they are in the lead, they focus on knifing the last X number of kills remaining, making the games even longer to finish which leads to their winning place slowly being taken by someone else, or we spend the next 30 mins waiting for someone to get a knife kill, and with 110 kills active, most people get annoyed at the person in the lead if they are wanting to finish their last few kills with knifing as that takes longer and by the time people just want it over and done with, getting impatient. With 80 kills iv'e seen that happen a lot less due to the fact that the game is quicker, but not too quick (at least that's what it feels for me).

Does anyone else have any feelings or opinions towards the 80kills, negative or positive?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Onesks For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Psycho_62     $ 20.00
    Wow when did kingy become a proffessor, i want to know what drug he's taking.
    Short and sweet, 110 takes too long, 80 is good

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psycho_62 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information