+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Surf Skill Server?

i do surf stuff
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] highpr     $ 0.00

Lightbulb New Surf Skill Server?

I've noticed a few new faces on the DtK Surf Skill server and they only ever want to play only overplayed tier 1 maps, or the occasional tier 2 map. I'm proposing to introduce either a new server and re-seperate into Tier 1-2 and 3-6 servers. OR. Bring in a Donator Only Tier 1-6 server, so people are willing to spend that little extra $$$ can get access to maps that don't get played on the sole surf skill server. I know for one I'd donate how ever much, how ever often I would to access the server.

tHanks for reading.

Regards,
    highpr
    Last edited by highpr; 27-10-16 at 09:00 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    BigLez has a spectacular aura about BigLez has a spectacular aura about BigLez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigLez     $ 0.00
    There is a harder surf tier server

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLez View Post
    There is a harder surf tier server
    No there isn't, it got shut down due to a lack of players

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IcePowered For This Useful Post:

cheese
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 311
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    Sounds like a good idea, but instead of a new server perhaps a tier rotation?

e.g After certain amount of T1-T3 maps played, they become unable to nominate?
    Good idea, but I don't think it deserves two seperate servers. Just modification to manage this in the existing

i do surf stuff
    highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr is a splendid one to behold highpr's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by IcePowered View Post
    No there isn't, it got shut down due to a lack of players
    Weren't they on serperate db's though?
    That might have added to the confusion to people who played on the lower tiers going to the higher tiers not having their rank etc. I know I was when I first started.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    SmegmaBruh has a spectacular aura about SmegmaBruh has a spectacular aura about SmegmaBruh has a spectacular aura about SmegmaBruh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SmegmaBruh     $ 0.00
    i dont think having a new server is the right thing to do considering what happened last time but instead we should put something in where everyone can get what they want. i like the idea of tier rotation but needs to be more thought out. Cant really do tier 1 to 2 to 3 etc.. Any ideas on how we can solve this problem would be high appreciated ;^)

i do surf stuff
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by SmegmaBruh View Post
    Any ideas on how we can solve this problem would be high appreciated ;^)
    A second server.

Quote Originally Posted by SmegmaBruh View Post
    i dont think having a new server is the right thing to do considering what happened last time
    Oh shit.

DtK Skirfing queen
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448

Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica's Avatar
    In a box, next to surf #7 (I cant go anywhere else)
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Jessica     $ 185.00
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkfood View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, but instead of a new server perhaps a tier rotation?

e.g After certain amount of T1-T3 maps played, they become unable to nominate?
    Good idea, but I don't think it deserves two seperate servers. Just modification to manage this in the existing
    This was under trial before the servers where split into t1/2-4 and it did not work. And yes, the second server was shutdown due to not enough players interest.

I put almost everything under trial to find the perfect solution and the best way was to split and run the t1 only server and that got the numbers in (and many many complaints)

It seems to be a common thing in the community that people want this server or that server and when it comes up they do not play it... was the same case with a high tier surf server, everyone was happy to play the t1 server over the 2-4 server due to what I can imagine numbers and/or being bored of server.

Just my 2c and putting my knowledge out there
    Queen of surf, wrecker of peoples shit and miss goody two shoes all in a nice bundle

Runescape Meme Account:

Surf #7 JA 29/9/12 - 9/12/12
    Surf #7 JA 27/10/13 - 16/1/14
    Surf #7 JA 25/10/15 (Till SA)
    Surf #7 SA 1/2/16 - 1/8/16
    (there is a pattern there Im sure of it )

Much love from Jessica <3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessica For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the cucks
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 495

Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Heisenberg     $ 77.77
    I'd love for the harder tier server to be brought back, but only if it shares the same DB as the T1.

i do surf stuff
    Total Donations For

A lot of my issue and dislike for the higher tier server was due to the split DB. And im sure it was others dislike as well

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information