+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petition to add "Reason" to votekick plugin in TTT server

cheese
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 0%
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00

Petition to add "Reason" to votekick plugin in TTT server

Votekick in TTT
    Basically, the votekick system now is a plugin basically out of control and really used unjustly. This petition is basically to add some form of additional GUI to the existing votekick GUI.

My Concept
    The concept I had in mind was perhaps just list things able to be kicked for, such as:
    • RDM
      Mass RDM
      Delaying as Traitor
      Abusive towards players
      ##maybe some sort of self-typed input?

Comment
    Personally, I think it would just be a nice addition to the server. Although even if this were to be added, I am aware it would still be able to be exploited by those abusing it. However, this would be a step towards the right direction (in my opinion).

If you support this idea, feel free to leave a comment below. Any feedback would be nice too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sharkfood For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tyler     $ 112.50
    I feel that this is not really needed, mostly when people kick on TTT people say why they kick them.

:%)
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Kavemium     $ 0.00
    People will not take you seriously if you start posting like that. You raised a valid point initially but now it looks like you're trolling. I'll answer, anyway.

Votekick is to be used when admins are not on and a player needs to be kicked. It will work if other players agree - therefore communication is required by the vote initiator, it is their responsibility to inform others of the reason there is a vote.

(◕:%)◕✿).com.au

*Note: :%) is a copyrighted meme, please do not steal it

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kavemium For This Useful Post:

9 Year Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 170

Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Cha$e     $ 180.00
    I feel like whilst the OP is a troll, the post has some credit. Make people give a reason for their votekick. That can then make people think about their vote. If theyve seen "XX" mass rdming, they can vote yes, or if they know that person doesnt do that, then they can vote No.

Its also better because some people do play without mics and cant really communicate their reasons well especially mid round.

EX-Admin for: TTT, Minigames, Bhop and GG10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SofPIaHKFjE <------- Best TTT vid ever
    DTK member: 8 years

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavemium View Post
    People will not take you seriously if you start posting like that. You raised a valid point initially but now it looks like you're trolling. I'll answer, anyway.

Votekick is to be used when admins are not on and a player needs to be kicked. It will work if other players agree - therefore communication is required by the vote initiator, it is their responsibility to inform others of the reason there is a vote.
    What about when the player initiating the vote is dead? I've seen this happen numerous times, I can't tell why a person is being votekicked and no one can tell me because I'm alive and have no way of finding out. This could be useful for that kind of scenario.

Regardless of whether OP is serious or not (I think he's just boosting his postcount to apply tbh), I think it would be a good thing to have, I have seen it on other servers and it only helps.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 180
    BilboBaggins is just really nice BilboBaggins is just really nice BilboBaggins is just really nice BilboBaggins is just really nice BilboBaggins's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] BilboBaggins     $ 0.00
    I feel this wont help for people miss using it they could quite easily just pick a random reason and with enough trolls on it wouldnt stop much but its a good idea

TTT ManlyMan
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 186

Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Connor     $ 60.00
    I reckon it would be good. Then you wont hear everyone asking why or voting no because they dont know why the person is being kicked, but no the self typed input.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Connor For This Useful Post:

cheese
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 311
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    Well I'm not a troll nor am I boosting my postcount to apply, I just added this because I thought it might be a nice idea and I felt that I should become more active on the forums because I haven't in the communities I've been part of in the past.

In the future I will be more observant of the way I suppose I write posts or something? I'm gutted this was taken as a troll post. Maybe could you leave me some advice on where to improve? I'm open to criticism especially since I'm only integrating into DtK Forums right now. However I do thank everyone for your input :>

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkfood View Post
    Well I'm not a troll nor am I boosting my postcount to apply, I just added this because I thought it might be a nice idea and I felt that I should become more active on the forums because I haven't in the communities I've been part of in the past.

In the future I will be more observant of the way I suppose I write posts or something? I'm gutted this was taken as a troll post. Maybe could you leave me some advice on where to improve? I'm open to criticism especially since I'm only integrating into DtK Forums right now. However I do thank everyone for your input :>
    There was nothing wrong with the OP, as it happens I agreed with it, it was the spammy replies that raised a few eyebrows.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePowered For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information