+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A pat on the back DTK!

9 Year Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 0%

Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Cha$e     $ 180.00

Exclamation A pat on the back DTK!

DTK, In light of recent events, I believe it is a good time to reflect on our community's achievements over the last several years. Clearshot severs, Now DTK, have been running for at least the last 7 years (unsure of exact dates).

In that time we have seen members come and go, and even some of the older aged members have children and introduce them to us on the forums.

Sadly we've also been forced to say goodbye to some of our best members.

Rest in peace Umesh and Recoil

What made me want to write this thread is seeing just how many members, Old and New, wanted to show their respects to not only Recoil at the time of his passing, but now also Umesh.

Older members that I thought would have been long gone and unheard from, Have appeared again to pay their respects. Some of these members have been away from DTK for a long time yet made their way back to pass on their respects.

It just goes to show that Dying2Kill isnt just a gaming community. For some, it may be just that, but for others its almost like a 2nd family.

People come to these forums everyday, and you can constantly see people show-off some proud achievement in their life, or even just a new high score. Whats even more amazing to see is how the community reacts. We actually congratulate and encourage each other to do things.

I've seen people go from the old DTK(R) to now be SA's of servers that no-one could have begun to think of back then. We've seen many admins come and go, and weve seen many more people grow from when they first joined.

Whilst DTK may have members who dont all see eye to eye, just like any normal family, Its heart-warming to see just how many people get together in times of grief. It happened when Recoil passed, and it's happened again now with Umesh's passing. That makes me proud to be apart of this all.

Without rambling and repeating myself more, the last thing I just want to do on this thread is to thank the main men responsible for this Community and Keeping the family together.

Squall and Stig

There's not much more to say about them than I have already said in countless threads now, but without them, we may have run dry many years ago.

As Squall reminded me, We see more of Squall, but Without Stig, DTK wouldnt be here at all.

Congratulations DTK, We should be proud of our achievements!
    Last edited by Cha$e; 23-08-16 at 07:46 PM.

EX-Admin for: TTT, Minigames, Bhop and GG10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SofPIaHKFjE <------- Best TTT vid ever
    DTK member: 8 years

:%)
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium has much to be proud of Kavemium's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Kavemium     $ 0.00
    that's a ton of colours bruh (but nicely colour coded)
    it brought a tear to my eye :'), nice post

(◕:%)◕✿).com.au

*Note: :%) is a copyrighted meme, please do not steal it

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Perfectly said Chase.

I've been a DtK member for 5 years now, and spent a not insignificant amount of time on clearshot servers before that, so at this point it has well and truly spanned the majority of my gaming life.

I have been a part of (and even ran) a handful of different communities before and during that same period, and they all seem to run their course and disappear over time, not DtK though. Despite making myself scarce on a few occasions over the years, I always end up coming back, and when I do, I always find a great bunch of new people to play with, and some fantastic new servers to play on. The way this community has continually evolved has been fantastic, and there are a absolute ton of people to thank for that. I wish I had contributed more over the years to the community that has given me so much, however I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities over the coming years as DtK continues to evolve and grow.

I love this community, and to everyone within it that makes it what it is, thank you.

TL;DR: DtK is pre gud :^)
    Last edited by IcePowered; 23-08-16 at 08:11 PM.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IcePowered For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    I am about to have an epileptic fit lol. Nice write up mate. Makes you really appreciate a community such as this one.

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Nice write up Chase

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 493

PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

PotatoDreamz     $ 55.00
    Well done DtK.
    We've all come a long way. Been apart of thr community since 2012 and loved every moment of it.

someone wants to be first one in the hall of fame

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PotatoDreamz For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    Get back in the kitchen chase!

But well said, i've made friends through here that i consider closer than family. Whilst i don't forum much and don't really play any servers, i still really only play with past and present members.

Big ups to the legends (not chase)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107

ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] ShamWoW     $ 1215.46
    Solid!

*EDIT*
    That moment when you see how much you've donated to DTK, knowing its worth it

When did that start showing up?
    I'm Mr Burns, blah blah blah.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ShamWoW For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information