Thread: Please consider trying to curb the spray and spawn camping

Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Sky_collapsed will become famous soon enough Sky_collapsed's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00

Please consider trying to curb the spray and spawn camping

It makes it HIGHLY infuriating when people are constantly spawn camping ct spawn and never letting you get out.

I would suggest to look at implementing some sort of plug in that automatically kills someone who is spawn camping after the first or second spawn kill, that would go ALONG way in curbing the spawn camping.

Secondly is the problem with people just sitting around spraying every which direction. I think the m249 needs to have its ammo limited to 70-80 in a box, 100 (Which i think it is) is WAAY too much.

At the minimum, doing something to deal with spawn camping would be great. It is not enjoyable dying 5+ times just to try and make towards tunnels only to be sprayed out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_collapsed For This Useful Post:

Dust's worst KDR
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%

plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] plot.sinister     $ 50.00
    we like to keep our dust server full of freedom

The freedom to choose what ever weapon you like and the freedom to play what ever style you like if we start to limit content to suit one person the next will complain spawn camping, sprayers( which include myself with my P90) and dak daks are a part of the dust life.
    This has all ways been an issue and has been brought up many times but im sure the response will still be the same as two years ago when i was admin nothing will change on our end you should try mixing your style up blocked one way go another way.
    Long is full push middle loop back around if both are blocked push tunnels i understand it can be frustrating and i myself have had my own issues with it but over time i have learned to deal with dd2's problems.

After all its just a game...
    Last edited by plot.sinister; 20-07-16 at 11:06 AM.

"♥♥♥♥ it when i die i wanna go to hell because i'm a piece of shit it ain't hard to ♥♥♥♥ing tell ..... It don't make sense going to heaven with the goodie goodie's dressed in white i like black tem's and black hoodies"- Christopher Wallace AKA The Notorious B.I.G

4. The Following User Says Thank You to plot.sinister For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    At the bare minimum implementing some sort of plug in that would auto kill someone after the third or fourth spawn kill would be very positive.

That sort of behaviour is extremely frustrating. The other day T's were doing so badly that I died probably five times or more in spawn.

Or if you don't want to go that route, you could make span protection longer than two seconds or less, if you made spawn protection 10 seconds that should be more than adequate to deal with spawn campers,

AKA Qi_Bishop
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Onesks     $ 20.02
    Lol a plugin that slays people after spawn camping is a silly thing to do, you shouldn't punish someone for how they play. i.e decreasing ammo for guns (like the m249) and spawn camp slays.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Onesks For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107

ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] ShamWoW     $ 1215.46
    Quote Originally Posted by Qi_Bishop View Post
    Lol a plugin that slays people after spawn camping is a silly thing to do, you shouldn't punish someone for how they play. i.e decreasing ammo for guns (like the m249) and spawn camp slays.
    ^^ This.

One thing I have thought about which may help with the spawn camping at CT spawn, is perhaps implementing the !block function, allowing CT's to jump on top of the boxes and actually get up above spawn near short. This would potentially make it easier for CT's to actually shoot the T's.

/thoughts.
    I'm Mr Burns, blah blah blah.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ShamWoW For This Useful Post:

Dust's worst KDR
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 21

plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister is a name known to all plot.sinister's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] plot.sinister     $ 50.00
    so your issue is that you got spawned camp as a T (just means a good ct team makes a change)

I go ct just for this reason i love the fight to push out when ya getting camped (i don't care about KDR but thats me)

let me ask you a question since your a T do you push to CT spawn and there for camp spawn yourself or do you just stand in spawn awping?

Banned
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    BigLez has a spectacular aura about BigLez has a spectacular aura about BigLez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigLez     $ 0.00
    Or maybe have a two second invincibility spawn time?

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLez View Post
    Or maybe have a two second invincibility spawn time?
    Not long enough to get through spawn camping when people are spraying auto into spawn.

And as ct I always avoid spawn camping T spawn.

Also, re limiting rounds. I think it is fair to limit some guns like the p90, m249 dakdak to less ammo in a mag to reduce the spam from them.

I'm not asking them to be removed from the server, just to be balanced.

As far as the plugin idea went, I understand it may be difficult, but if it was done i feel it would only be beneficial, at the minimum, increasing spawn protection time to 10 seconds would be much appreciated.

And pushing through spawn camping isn't fun at all one bit.

Banned
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    BigLez has a spectacular aura about BigLez has a spectacular aura about BigLez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigLez     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_collapsed View Post
    Not long enough to get through spawn camping when people are spraying auto into spawn.
    But why not spray back? Two seconds is plenty of time to kill a few people. Now I'm not familiar with CSS but with CSGO it's pretty easy to kill people who are spawn camping when you are the one with a temporary shield

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigLez For This Useful Post:

AKA Qi_Bishop

Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by BigLez View Post
    But why not spray back? Two seconds is plenty of time to kill a few people. Now I'm not familiar with CSS but with CSGO it's pretty easy to kill people who are spawn camping when you are the one with a temporary shield
    That's exactly right, or you could throw a nade to make the spawn camper a lot more weak. Rather than get frustrated try and learn how they spawn camp and counter it?

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    I do toss nades and unless you are very close, spraying with an AK doesn't work.

Why should I have to die 5 times or more just because some people are too selfish to allow others to actually enjoy the game?

I do not enjoy trying to break through spawn camping, it is not fun and never has been which is why I always avoid spawn camping myself.

Increasing the spawn protection time would be very beneficial, or try making some sort of changes that can decrease the amount of spawn camping.

Also, most of the time when someone is spawn camping, they seem to be using p90 dakdak and m249, perhaps look at limiting dakdak to 10-13 in a mag and limit the p90 and m249 to 30 in a mag, that way they'd be reloading more often so it would definitely ease the spawn camping a bit.
    Last edited by Sky_collapsed; 24-07-16 at 09:02 AM.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 77

MrTonkaTrucks is a jewel in the rough MrTonkaTrucks is a jewel in the rough MrTonkaTrucks is a jewel in the rough MrTonkaTrucks is a jewel in the rough MrTonkaTrucks's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] MrTonkaTrucks     $ 30.00
    Step 1 - www.aim400kg.com (8hrs a day)
    Step 2 - Play CSS: D2DM
    Step 3 - Rape EVERYONE.
    Last edited by MrTonkaTrucks; 24-07-16 at 09:05 AM. Reason: :D turned into auto smiley

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrTonkaTrucks For This Useful Post:

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    have not been in dust2 in AGES,an people are still complaining about the same things..lmfao.
    move on,it's just a game,use your head and go the other way =_=

20. The Following User Says Thank You to stan182 For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by stan182 View Post
    have not been in dust2 in AGES,an people are still complaining about the same things..lmfao.
    move on,it's just a game,use your head and go the other way =_=
    Ahh, yes, than I can get spammed out by dakdaks and awps and people spraying m249 from bomb site A. Good good.

I think there needs to be a second server for dust_2 that doesn't snipers or spray guns like the p90 or m249 and these complaints would stop.

AKA Qi_Bishop

Total Donations For

Every css DM server of ours get the exact same complaints like this or very similar. It would be very silly to make another server just cause people can't avoid simple awps, dakdaks and all the weapons people whinge about. Obviously the reason why these weapons exist is to give beginner players a fair advantage at getting a good KDR, and removing or restricting these weapons would cause these new players to get upset and possibly not rejoin the server, and looking at Dust2DM's player list on a daily basis I don't think they would want to touch any of the weapons in anyway for a long time (my guess, don't stab me if iam wrong).
    We aren't gonna stop or make it even harder for new players from getting the KDR they want to achieve just because certain people don't agree with their play-style or weapon choice. We appreciate any kind of feedback whether good or bad, but some we can't do, this thread is an example of this. It would just plain and simply ruin Dust2DM's player base, even if they're not a new player or not who cares what weapon they use, you eventually learn to get used to it or how to avoid it/counter it.
    Last edited by Onesks; 10-09-16 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Typo

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 199

Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy has a reputation beyond repute Fishy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Fishy     $ 147.00
    When i was first made JA of dust2 there was a vending machine for awps and a limit of i think 4 available, it made the game much more fast paced, and it seemed to continue that way for a long time after their removal. I believe the mic banter had a lot to do with it, random map wide knife fights and pistol rounds (these were not enforced just agreed upon over mic) DustDM is a living thing it will continuously evolve in different ways, the map itself which gives 4 points of attack on ct spawn means you will always get pushed back unless CT is stacked in numbers and talent.

Taking Submissions for content to be placed here.

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    Dude..if you want to play restricted servers,go search for a competitive server that has those options..
    I hate dakdaks with a passion,but i could care less what a person uses..if they enjoy using a certain gun every game,so be it. I enjoy using AK every game,if anything AKs have more spray than a dakdak,ban them too??

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by stan182 View Post
    Dude..if you want to play restricted servers,go search for a competitive server that has those options..
    I hate dakdaks with a passion,but i could care less what a person uses..if they enjoy using a certain gun every game,so be it. I enjoy using AK every game,if anything AKs have more spray than a dakdak,ban them too??
    I don't want to play on a vanilla comp server tho, otherwise that what I would have done.

I want to play on a server like this one with instant spawns but with no spammie crap.

And AK's suffer terribly from reocil if you spray, so that's a pretty bad comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Qi_Bishop View Post
    Every css DM server of ours get the exact same complaints like this or very similar. It would be very silly to make another server just cause people can't avoid simple awps, dakdaks and all the weapons people whinge about. Obviously the reason why these weapons exist is to give beginner players a fair advantage at getting a good KDR, and removing or restricting these weapons would cause these new players to get upset and possibly not rejoin the server, and looking at Dust2DM's player list on a daily basis I don't think they would want to touch any of the weapons in anyway for a long time (my guess, don't stab me if iam wrong).
    We aren't gonna stop or make it even harder for new players from getting the KDR they want to achieve just because certain people don't agree with their play-style or weapon choice. We appreciate any kind of feedback whether good or bad, but some we can't do, this thread is an example of this. It would just plain and simply ruin Dust2DM's player base, even if they're not a new player or not who cares what weapon they use, you eventually learn to get used to it or how to avoid it/counter it.
    maybe look at creating another server?

Don't have to make changes to this one but creating another server that doiesn't allow dakdak awp, p90 m249 etc in it

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_collapsed View Post

maybe look at creating another server?

Don't have to make changes to this one but creating another server that doiesn't allow dakdak awp, p90 m249 etc in it
    I can understand where you are coming from, but honestly there are probably enough servers that require maintenance, player bases along with actual money to run, without opening up another similar server. I'm not shutting you down, but in reality I really don't think a second Dust server with this change would bring in enough constant players to make the monetary obligation worth while.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%

mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123 has a brilliant future mircan123's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] mircan123     $ 25.00
    May I suggest as an occasional player on the dust server I have noticed the ct side gets camped a fair bit I have also observed the Ct side remove the spawn campers with a fair bit of effort what would also help both sides is if there were say 5 grenades per person each time they re spawned then it would be a bit easier to blow up the spawn campers I know many times I have blown up the spawn campers and also blown up the campers in the pit as well but if there were extra nades then you would be able to do more damage before you died this way you are not limiting the play but enriching it maybe even equip the players with smoke grenades as well then they can smoke the joint up and be able to get out of the situation a bit easier. maybe our fearles leaders can make these small changes and see how this plays out I dont think it would hurt the game play too much and it wont restrict players styles either.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to mircan123 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information