Thread: Please consider trying to curb the spray and spawn camping

Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Sky_collapsed will become famous soon enough Sky_collapsed's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00

Please consider trying to curb the spray and spawn camping

It makes it HIGHLY infuriating when people are constantly spawn camping ct spawn and never letting you get out.

I would suggest to look at implementing some sort of plug in that automatically kills someone who is spawn camping after the first or second spawn kill, that would go ALONG way in curbing the spawn camping.

Secondly is the problem with people just sitting around spraying every which direction. I think the m249 needs to have its ammo limited to 70-80 in a box, 100 (Which i think it is) is WAAY too much.

At the minimum, doing something to deal with spawn camping would be great. It is not enjoyable dying 5+ times just to try and make towards tunnels only to be sprayed out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_collapsed For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from, but honestly there are probably enough servers that require maintenance, player bases along with actual money to run, without opening up another similar server. I'm not shutting you down, but in reality I really don't think a second Dust server with this change would bring in enough constant players to make the monetary obligation worth while.
    I understand that, but perhaps we could trial it for a week or two and see what the general consensus is.

If it doesn't work, perhaps look at giving us more nades per spawn as suggested by someone else so we can nade spam them.

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0%

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Office has been running x2 increased nade damage for over a year now, which is either an instant kill or heavy damage for close proximity detonations.

How a change of this nature affects game play dynamics and primarily server populations though is something the D2 admin team would need to consider.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    incrreeasing amount of nades and increasing their damage would help with getting spawn camped but that still leaves the issue of people spamming dakdak p90 m249 to be dealt with.

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_collapsed View Post
    incrreeasing amount of nades and increasing their damage would help with getting spawn camped but that still leaves the issue of people spamming dakdak p90 m249 to be dealt with.
    Shoot them in the head. Problem solved.

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delta For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Shoot them in the head. Problem solved.
    easier said than done when someone comes around pre-firing and spamming a high capacity gun at you when you have something with high recoil.

Having more nades would be helpful for spawn camping but spamm weapons need something done about them, not asking them to get banned but less ammo in a mag would help, most notably the p90 and m249.

or alternatively, set up another server without the spammy crap like 249 p90 dakdak etc otherwise enjoy having this topic continually coming up.

I don't know what has changed, because the spam crap never used to be a huge problem and the server was actually enjoyable but it is fast becoming a chore with all the spam sometimes.

Oh, and I'v ebeen finding recently that even headshots aren't a sure fire way of killing them, sometimes an obvious headshot only regs as little as <50dmg sometimes it doesn't seem to reg that i got an obvcious headshot either.

And this brings the 200hp issue up, people just ♥♥♥♥ing stack it so it makes it even harder, I think the max hp should be brought down to 110
    Last edited by Sky_collapsed; 24-09-16 at 07:44 PM.

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky_collapsed View Post
    easier said than done when someone comes around pre-firing and spamming a high capacity gun at you when you have something with high recoil.
    Its really not that hard. I have plenty of experience dealing with spammers on d2. Tap tap with the ak, dead.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    maybe for you, but I dont play this game a huge amount because i lack the data, so I don't get to practice. spam is still a pretty big issue, and people health packing.

last weekend i got a headshot using the deagle on someone at the stairs in tunnels whilst i was near the box than some p90 sprayer came spraying through and i immediality got a headshot on him but because he was health stacking i died which kinda stole away what should have been an easy kill.

maybe reducing health to 110 would also help as people can just pack 200 health on and just soak shit up.

If we're not willing to limit ammo on p90 dakdak and m249 could we at least reduce the health limit down to 100-110 and if people want higher hp they should knife to get it.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    if you're not going to do anything about p90 m249 dakdak tmp spray at least stop the health whoring and limit the health to 110 so people don't go packing on 200.

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    200 can still be a one hit with a well aimed headshot. =)
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    200 can still be a one hit with a well aimed headshot. =)
    And i've had plenty of well placed headshots with deagle and ak and did 148dmg and nothing.

It is highly infuriating and actually kinda kills the enjoyment. I think health should be lowered to 110 as a max and if people want moar they should knife for it.

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    I honestly don't understand why you've decided to necro the dead thread about it especially when the only thing that's really changed in your communication since the OP is that you've added the TMP to the list of apparently overpowered spammy guns?

Yes it's infuriating to be spawn camped, but that happens on both ends of the map.... People only seem to have issue with it when it's them who are being camped, not when they're doing the camping...

Thing is, I'm far from an elite player but even I know that those guns you are listing as having a problem with, they're all part of the game and they have as much disadvantage to them as they have any advantage...

p90 .. yes it has a higher capacity clip, however they are only really an issue if the camper has the skill to keep the spray accurate, then there's the reloading time which is far from a quick reload...

dakdak .. only has 20 in each clip, if they did as much damage as an AWP, I'd understand concern about it being OP, but in my limited experience, I don't believe the auto snipers are really much more of a threat as camper weapons than the scout...

m249 .. yes it has 100 per clip, it also has an outrageous recoil which makes accuracy almost non existent, it also has a reload time that is almost double that of the p90 ..

TMP .. 30 in the clip and they may as well be rubber bullets unless you're close range.. I honestly don't see the problem with them at all...

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Sky_collapsed     $ 0.00
    I don't think it's much to ask for a reduction mag capacity on the p90 and m249.

Regardless, if thast doesn't happen the admins could at least look at reducing health down to 100 or 110 as i think that would also help a lot too.

the 200hp is just getting ridiculous now because come in with 200hp and just spray everywhere so even if i get a well placed headshot and do 140, 180dmg they just kill me and keep on going and its getting ♥♥♥♥ing ridiculous.

at the minimum i think health should be reduced to 100 or 110.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    churbrosupcr1pt is on a distinguished road churbrosupcr1pt's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] churbrosupcr1pt     $ 0.00
    ban dakdaks. in terms of getting spawn camped, it only takes the team to work together and they spawn traps defused.

Scout+Deagle
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 42.0%

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DertySnatchez     $ 10.00
    ya cant mess around with spawn protection to much or you ruin the flow of the game ( from an office point of view) but it is relative to d2

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information