+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rush Game Mode on CS:GO??

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

Rush Game Mode on CS:GO??

Hi all,

I am thinking of bringing the Rush game mode across to CS:GO and I wanted to get your thoughts.

For those unfamiliar with the game, it was a game I made on CS:S that modelled the rush game mode from the battlefield series (bad company 2, 3 and 4).

The game is split up into 3 sectors of the map. In each sector is 2 "MCOM" stations (bomb targets).

The attackers must arm and destroy both MCOM stations to clear the sector and move onto the next sector, while the defenders must defend the bombs and prevent the attackers from progressing.
    Each time an attacker spawns, their spawn tickets are reduced by 1. The defenders have unlimited spawns.

If the attackers clear all 3 stages, they are declared the winners.
    If the attackers tickets are reduced to 0, the defenders are declared the winners.

I can re-create all of the functionality directly in hammer (progressive spawn points, MCOM station bomb arming, ticket reduction etc), and with CS:GO I can now handle respawns and stop the game from ending by map objectives.

One thing I am looking to do different in the CS:GO version was add an overlay, displaying the current ticket count and MCOMs that are destroyed. Another thing is a class system that I can control with map entities. This would include assault, sniper, heavy, and one more. I could even get a squad system put into place in the future.

Anyway, my core question is: would you like to see something like this come into CS:GO, and do you think it would see much play?

I will be working on this project solo (unless some people want to help out of course) so it will be a project running a long side of our other projects like TTT maps and MG maps.

Anyway, feed back and suggestions are always appreciated.

Cheers

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Prometheus is on a distinguished road Prometheus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Prometheus     $ 0.00
    sounds like a sick idea, might even goad me into bying CS:GO haha

Bigboy
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi is a glorious beacon of light Pepsi's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Pepsi     $ 0.00
    Sounds like an interesting concept, but i'm a bit put off by how many MCOM stations there would be. Haven't played this so can't be sure but it sounds like a long game that could take up to 30 minutes to complete which is a bit daunting as it seems that it would require a large amount of players to make the game run properly.
    Sort of a big deal

BHOP JA at your service.
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Vmigo will become famous soon enough Vmigo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Vmigo     $ 0.00
    So it's based on BF, I'm guessing? Either way, I'd be all for that.
    The rising BHOP star.

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    sounds like a sick idea, might even goad me into bying CS:GO haha
    Join the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Sounds like an interesting concept, but i'm a bit put off by how many MCOM stations there would be. Haven't played this so can't be sure but it sounds like a long game that could take up to 30 minutes to complete which is a bit daunting as it seems that it would require a large amount of players to make the game run properly.
    The games would be lengthy, but I can base it on players on the server. For example, if there are Less than 10 players, I could make it 1x MCOM per stage and less spawn tickets. If its more than 10 players, it goes back to 2x MCOMs per stage and default amount of tickets, then 30 and more can simply increase ticket amount.

The idea of the game is to take at the very least 10 minutes, but players will continuously respawn and get back into the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Vmigo View Post
    So it's based on BF, I'm guessing? Either way, I'd be all for that.
    Yeah Battlefield series. The CS:S version worked in a simple form of the game, I want to make this more polished though.

FRAGILE send with care.
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Undercover Martyn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Undercover Martyn     $ 0.00
    I really liked playing this on BF4, sounds like a fun alternative to deathmatch tbh

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Did a few hours of work last night.

Managed to get the the bomb site events working, built a class system and got the hud working which displays the bomb sites.

Just need to build a few more of the prefabs then I can start working on the map

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    Yep top idea.
    I would totally see myself getting caught up in all this for a very long time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information