+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prospective Map Projects for CS:GO

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

Prospective Map Projects for CS:GO

Hi all,

Long time no see!

I have been really bored recently and have wanted to start mapping again so I am going to attempt to resurrect the development team to do some work for DTK for your CSGO servers.

I will be looking for prospective projects inside of the multi-mod server and the TTT server (depends what is most needed), so if you are keen to join me then let me know on this thread or via PM.

Hope to work with some of you older guys again, and hope to meet some of you newer guys as well.

Cheers,
    Newguy

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Prometheus is on a distinguished road Prometheus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Prometheus     $ 0.00
    Hey dude of all the things to bring me back to this place it's this :P havent played in like two years but with a year at sound design school under my belt i'm still keen to do any custom audio

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Prometheus For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Hey dude of all the things to bring me back to this place it's this :P havent played in like two years but with a year at sound design school under my belt i'm still keen to do any custom audio
    Haha good to hear man. I am in the same boat lol; miss making maps for people.

I replied to your PM; hopefully we can create something amazing

HOF,Former Zombie SA and TTT JA
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Dark Necessities     $ 0.00
    I know nothing of mapping or anything so I don't know how accommodating you could be, but would you be open for requests?

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by brittyboyshaun View Post
    I know nothing of mapping or anything so I don't know how accommodating you could be, but would you be open for requests?
    Always willing to teach those who want to learn. If you take initiative and look at the beginner stuff, I am happy to answer any questions or point you in the right direction if you need it.

Mapping is a lot of fun, its all visual design as well so no programming knowledge is required.

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 31.0%

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    Hey Mate, i'm willing to learn a bit more about mapping and possibly learning more on how to create maps

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by SonicalKiss View Post
    Hey Mate, i'm willing to learn a bit more about mapping and possibly learning more on how to create maps
    Sounds good mate.

If I get enough interest from new mappers I might create a little write up on how to approach your first map.

I find the biggest thing for new mappers is that they try to bite off too much and bypass the planning process.

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Welcome back, look forward to seeing your future works!

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Thanks Ham.

Sonical, Britty: I created a tutorial that will help new mappers with their planning stages. Is a guide to what i do before i start a new project.

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 31.0%

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    I used to make maps not for Css but for a game called BHD using Mission Editor, but i know that it isn't the same programme as what is used, with the different types of games.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by SonicalKiss View Post
    I used to make maps not for Css but for a game called BHD using Mission Editor, but i know that it isn't the same programme as what is used, with the different types of games.
    You would know the basics of map design which will be an advantage. Hammer is easy once you learn the tools at your disposal. Let me know if you want some guidance on tutorials to start with.

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 620

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    lol i totally missed this thread and was just fixing the current TTT maps, thinking we should get the dev team back lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

DTK Meth Lab Owner
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 658

Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Jetpackin     $ 51.38
    Yeah id be down for mapping with the dev team again
    Jetpackin': wtf weirdo
    Illumifarti: thats wot the doctor said wen u were born
    Illumifarti: OOO
    Jetpackin': hahahaha
    Jetpackin': the doctor put u on the registered pedophiles list as soon as he saw ur face

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    lol i totally missed this thread and was just fixing the current TTT maps, thinking we should get the dev team back lol
    Yeah sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpackin View Post
    Yeah id be down for mapping with the dev team again
    You still go here?!
    Haha good to see you again.

I would love to do some work on some stuff for existing servers in need, or we could look at developing exclusive stuff for some prospective servers (ie Jailbreak) if you guys are keen?

I made a very small start on a TTT map but I haven't done too much with it as yet.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Yeah sounds good!

You still go here?!
    Haha good to see you again.

I would love to do some work on some stuff for existing servers in need, or we could look at developing exclusive stuff for some prospective servers (ie Jailbreak) if you guys are keen?

I made a very small start on a TTT map but I haven't done too much with it as yet.
    I'm currently busy fixing the current TTT maps, as to make the admins job reading console easier, but I'd love to help out doing a full map.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'm currently busy fixing the current TTT maps, as to make the admins job reading console easier, but I'd love to help out doing a full map.
    Are you fixing console spam from bad entities are you?

Can fix a lot of those types of issues with EntSpy without having to decomp the map.

The Real Shadow

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    Are you fixing console spam from bad entities are you?

Can fix a lot of those types of issues with EntSpy without having to decomp the map.
    That, and some maps have some issues

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information