+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 0%

Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Swags     $ 50.00

Suggestions

I have to say I'm impressed with the performance of the server. It is outstanding. I have given the release a run for about 30 minutes and would like to make a few suggestions.

Refill ammo with kills (Refilling the clip of a gun after a kill). (L33T Deathmatch does this and I'm sure other people can agree with me that this is a good feature)

Add +15 HP for kills. (Again, L33T Deathmatch does this and you realise how much you miss the feature once you leave it. This just allows the players to fight to stay alive as long as possible.)

On FFA mode, team tags need to be removed eg. Player Names as friendlies on the server. (This can be quite confusing for players as it isn't as obvious to what modes are on unless you really want to pay attention to the chat. I can see people getting frustrated and I think this is a need if the server is to have multiple modes of DM.)

At the moment when I joined I wasn't quite clear on how to actually join. Maybe broadcast a constant message to the dead telling them to type respawn to join in?

Another minor suggestion is to make the round time infinite as it allows players to grind kills and practise without the interruption of the game ending.

I might be modelling this too much off L33T servers but people assume that community deathmatch servers are like that. I think their formula works well, it's just that with the L33T servers they can not handle the amount of players and it feels like a 64 tick server half the time.

I'm keen to see what other servers might be in store! Hopefully a retake server!

I will keep adding to this post when I feel like I need to make more suggestions.
    Last edited by Swags; 18-10-15 at 02:04 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swags For This Useful Post:

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Swags View Post

Add +15 HP for kills. (Again, L33T Deathmatch does this and you realise how much you miss the feature once you leave it. This just allows the players to fight to stay alive as long as possible.)
    I have no idea what L33T does for their deathmatch servers but I would like to gain health and for it to be capped at 100 rather than gaining hp and increasing your hp to 150 or whatever it may be for other servers.
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

CS:GO Dust2 JA
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287

SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SubZie.     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    I have no idea what L33T does for their deathmatch servers but I would like to gain health and for it to be capped at 100 rather than gaining hp and increasing your hp to 150 or whatever it may be for other servers.
    L33T does this, for every kill you gain 15 hp, and for every kill by a headshot it's 25hp. It is capped at 100 and works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SubZie. For This Useful Post:

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    I'd like to add one thing to this list

Spawn protection should be removed if you fire your gun: It's really annoying having to dodge bullets when someone is invincible

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Quote Originally Posted by IcePowered View Post
    I'd like to add one thing to this list

Spawn protection should be removed if you fire your gun: It's really annoying having to dodge bullets when someone is invincible
    Dont camp spawn then.

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Dont camp spawn then.
    Bit hard to do in random spawns....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePowered For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 390

Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags has much to be proud of Swags's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Swags     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Dont camp spawn then.
    It's even on FFA, the spawn protection should disable when a player moves or shoots.

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    spawn protection is barely even there for 3 seconds anyway and quite honestly, it's not really so often that people under spawn protection, manage to be able to get a kill with that first shot or two AND most of the time, they're only hitting someone who's aiming them up anyway, if you're going to be targeting someone who has just spawned, don't complain when they can actually target you back in that small amount of time that they have spawn protection... whether it's in FFA mode or normal mode, it's still the same...
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

Spawn protection has been altered slightly, much more fair I personally think. Spawn protection is gone as soon as shot and whilst under spawn protection your screen has a semi red covering making it a little bit difficult to start aiming people up whilst under spawn protection.

Banned
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 363

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    10 min round times is good. the refill of ammo when having a kill is good but seems op. maybe i suggest refill like 50% of ammo when you kill?
    and also have the zeus not as a permanent weapon. make it optional to buy in the menu instead of having automatically bought. bit frustrating when i shoot and switch weapon but goes to zeus. its unlike real comp.

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Terminat0r View Post
    10 min round times is good. the refill of ammo when having a kill is good but seems op. maybe i suggest refill like 50% of ammo when you kill?
    and also have the zeus not as a permanent weapon. make it optional to buy in the menu instead of having automatically bought. bit frustrating when i shoot and switch weapon but goes to zeus. its unlike real comp.
    OP how so?

Banned

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SubZie. View Post
    OP how so?
    id say you can just camp spawn from backyard or anywhere and just keep shooting spamming while crouch peaking or with unlimited bullets wiothout reload which gives the respawners no time to run up and kill the campers

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

My 2cents today....

The auto refill of the clip is extremely OP, although habitual campers will love it ... Perhaps, a top up of HP (HP capped at 100 still) would be a better alternative and or or being granted a new HE Grenade or molotov/incindiary (however you spell it) grenade) per (x amount) kills would be better and help keep it level so to speak...

Also, the weapons list has gone from complete to extremely limited, and there's no more random weapon choice? or is that bugged?

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 553

ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech has a reputation beyond repute ajaytech's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] ajaytech     $ 405.77
    I vote we keep the zeus in the game

DtK Skirfing queen
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448

Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica has a reputation beyond repute Jessica's Avatar
    In a box, next to surf #7 (I cant go anywhere else)
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Jessica     $ 185.00
    My biggest thing I hate about whats changed is the limit that has been put on the guns, I understand removing dak dak's and AWP but other small things like mac and other subs/shotty. The other thing is random weps... Anyone can sit there using ak all day but there is no fun in and random promotes use of different guns being used.

Another thing I have noticed is you can drop guns anymore? Is there a reason behind that or??? There is also a bug/'feature' that when you die you have a 2-4 second red screen that gets very annoying after a while.
    Queen of surf, wrecker of peoples shit and miss goody two shoes all in a nice bundle

Runescape Meme Account:

Surf #7 JA 29/9/12 - 9/12/12
    Surf #7 JA 27/10/13 - 16/1/14
    Surf #7 JA 25/10/15 (Till SA)
    Surf #7 SA 1/2/16 - 1/8/16
    (there is a pattern there Im sure of it )

Much love from Jessica <3

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by kuzz View Post
    There is also a bug/'feature' that when you die you have a 2-4 second red screen that gets very annoying after a while.
    That is spawn protection, used to create equality when you are lining someone up under spawn protection.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Before there is a multitude of posts about weapon removals, changes to the weapon list isn't intentional. It is rather a side effect of tasers being removed as a default spawn weapon last night.

I'll fix the glitch when I get home.

We don't remove weapons, it should be clear from our stance on the CSS DM servers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Boobies

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Before there is a multitude of posts about weapon removals, changes to the weapon list isn't intentional. It is rather a side effect of tasers being removed as a default spawn weapon last night.

I'll fix the glitch when I get home.

We don't remove weapons, it should be clear from our stance on the CSS DM servers.
    Well, I did ask if it was bugged. =P ... Thank you for the speedy response. =)

Banned

Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    some suggestions from players in game:
    alot of frustration towards the quake sounds even though you can turn them off, most of them dont know how to and they frustrated that the triple kill, godlike sounds etc distract them or lets them not hear anything
    also maybe can have the little box in the middle of screen showing how much damage you made from a nade like the css dust server.
    and possibility of smokes soon as camping overall is starting to get really common.

also good to see full server:

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    venominaga is on a distinguished road venominaga's Avatar
    Total Donations For

venominaga     $ 0.00
    Please consider removing spawn protection, it's a really terrible crutch that ruins the flow of the server and goes against everything that dm is about. We're all in ffa dm to improve our reaction times and consistency and spawn protection gives one player a massive advantage (a free kill essentially) and punishes another for no reason. Sure it's not the funnest to die shortly after spawning but being able to keep yourself alive in hard and fast scenarios is part of what we're trying to practice. I've spoken to a lot of the dm regulars and I think a straw poll would massively favor the side of removing spawn protection.

Say you are on B site and you've just killed someone coming in from tunnels, then you spun around and took out a guy at door, but then someone spawns in the site and sees you, as long as they are a half competent player they are going to kill you the moment the protection ends. You're choices are

A. Ignore them and wait to die, hoping someone without spawn protection comes onto site for you to kill first before dying

B. Stare at them and ignore everyone else and pray that they are bad and miss their first shot advantage over you.

It kills momentum and it's got to go.
    Last edited by venominaga; 13-08-16 at 09:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information