+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NEW DtK CS:GO Dust2 DM 128TICK Server ONLINE!

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00

Post NEW DtK CS:GO Dust2 DM 128TICK Server ONLINE!

Dear DtK Community,

Server #11 CS:GO Dust2 DM 128TICK is now ONLINE!!!

119.252.190.39:27159

This is a 30 slot VOTE4MODE server. The server runs Dust2 exclusively however you can vote for the Mode via the end of map vote & rtv.

Current modes available:

Dust2 Normal DM
    Dust2 Normal DM + Headshot Only
    Dust2 Random Spawns
    Dust2 Random Spawns + Headshot Only
    Dust2 FFA
    Dust2 FFA + Headshot Only

Server Commands:

nominate
    rtv
    !radio
    respawn
    guns

Special Thanks to the following members for helping test the server:
    Decoy Target ┼Team Ebola┼
    ajay-tech
    You
    Jessica
    ArathusX
    IcePowered
    |<ur0 www.dying2kill.com.au
    Ťerminat0r™
    swags with the cool haircut

Cheers
    Last edited by Squall; 18-10-15 at 11:09 AM.

LeKrez James
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SubZie. View Post
    they want different things in there server.
    Do they really?

CS:GO Dust2 JA
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 0%

SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SubZie.     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Krezand View Post
    Do they really?
    Yes, CSGO is a more competitive style where people prefer an FFA server when they can practice their aim in a more free flowing round. It's been like this for the past 18 months.

CSS is much more laid back now considering the competitive scene has moved on towards CSGO.

LeKrez James
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy Target View Post
    People need to keep in mind (and I say this with all due respect) is that CSGO is not CSS .. Not trying to be rude, but if we are putting up CSGO servers to just imitate CSS servers, there's not really much point in all the effort is there? If people want the same ole same ole, we still have the css servers for that... Again, not trying to be rude, but some of the sentiments I've heard voiced are pretty much basically "make it like css" which, as I said, would defeat the purpose of the new game in csgo..
    What if I want/prefer to play CSGO?
    They are two very different games and it's been made evident several times in the past about the popularity differences.
    Like Subzie said, CSGO is more a competitive style. I wanna play DM and 'practice' my aim on CSGO, not Source.

Yes, CSGO is a more competitive style where people prefer an FFA server when they can practice their aim in a more free flowing round. It's been like this for the past 18 months.
    Understandable, It cannot be ignored that Arenas and Deathmatch are still very popular.
    However , playing with examples and memory here, aren't Jailbreak, Surf and Bhop quite popular?
    Furthermore, this is why (assuming) DtK will provide servers for the appropriate 'demographics'. Well over half of the current DtK servers can already provide to the already popular game modes and has the potential to attract a larger audience than its source counterpart which is largely due to the popularity differences. The community is well established so it should be much easier to jumpstart a server than most others.

CSS is much more laid back now considering the competitive scene has moved on towards CSGO.
    Source had a strong competitive scene when it was relevant, Prime time of Source is very similar to the Prime time of GO. Only difference is that popularity.
    Back when Aegis and teK were a thing, that was basically when DtK was at its prime or at the very least, not far from it at all.
    Most of the servers were doing very well, once again, according to memory.
    Which is why servers that aren't related to DM/Casual are still relevant today.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

CS:GO Dust2 JA
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287

SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie. is a glorious beacon of light SubZie.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SubZie.     $ 20.00
    I'm confused by your post Krezand. Are you just agreeing with me or making a point? I'm sorry if I misunderstood something.

We do have zombies and surf servers on CSGO, we did have a jailbreak server but it never really went off. We also now have a FFA/DM server and therefore cater for majority of players now no? We have servers run on both CS games to cater for all players.

I'm really confused to what you are saying haha, could you elaborate a bit more?

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Let's not turn this into a CS:S vs CS:GO debate especially when you guys aren't realizing you are echoing the same thing, all of you are actually in agreement but do not realize this, funny stuff.

This was a CSS community first, we established ourselves as leaders in various game modes (JB during Source's peak, DM - Office Dust2, Gungame,Zombies) and we have had some of the 1st servers in Australia for certain modes (Conquest, GG Team Mode,etc). We have a lot of experience in certain areas.

With CS:GO we have been both early adopters and in some cases late to the party. Early adopters - We had CS:GO servers running during beta, DM and GG. Under Davey_boy the GG server which was setup similarly to it's CSS sister, was one of the top Aus CS:GO servers and the top GG server in Australia. We also had a FFA server and Australia's first 1 vs 1 arena server. These did not take off as it was something new and the comp playerbase wasn't as established as it is today. Late to the party - Now that we have the resources to put out servers in the same capacity as the CSS servers, you are seeing CS:GO versions of servers that we used to run on CSS. Being late to the party has mixed results of course. Surf went online when there are over 30 surf servers in Australia, in about a months time our surf has managed to establish itself as a top 15 Australian CS:GO server. Zombies - we run the only ZR servers in Australia and it still has some time before it establishes itself.

tl:dr version: Point is , even though CSS and CS:GO are different games with different playerbases, it does not mean we ignore CSS completely or we cater only for the CS:GO community. There are things to be learned from our CSS experiences and we also have to keep up with CS:GO trends. Our new servers need to form their own identities, we can't make it assume the identity of it's CSS version or the identity of what other CS:GO servers are running or what the average CS:GO player plays. In it's current form , the CS:GO Dust2 server allows that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

asuh dude

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 264

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    I'm confused by your post Krezand. Are you just agreeing with me or making a point? I'm sorry if I misunderstood something.

We do have zombies and surf servers on CSGO, we did have a jailbreak server but it never really went off. We also now have a FFA/DM server and therefore cater for majority of players now no? We have servers run on both CS games to cater for all players.

I'm really confused to what you are saying haha, could you elaborate a bit more?
    You seem to be saying that as a result of the competitive scene, all CSGO players want X.

Yet ALL of our CSS servers were at their peak when the CSS competitive scene was at its peak. I think it's worth trying to differentiate ourselves, rather then being just another DM server, since competitive players generally already have a go to FFA server.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Yesterday was a good source of raw stats. You'd figure with MM being down, the only community servers being full would be comp type servers however our mg server was full, so were the zombie servers and the GG server till some maps caused issues. On the Dust2 CS:GO server, the mode played the most was Dust2 Normal DM variants with FFA being the second most popular. Even the votes were not that conclusive, there wasn't a clear favourite. Obviously yesterday was an anomaly due to mm being down and servers not being updated but it does show that the player base isn't as rigid as it's being portrayed.

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Server is looking good so far babes.

Problem: server does tend to lag but I know you're on to it so I'm not worried .

Suggestion: Remove the ability to knife whilst in any form of HS only mode, nerds bhopping around and not even playing the game mode does provode a challenge but disrupts the normal flow of the game.

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post

Problem: server does tend to lag but I know you're on to it so I'm not worried .

Server doesn't really lag. We ran checks yesterday with the Datacenter to confirm. With all the servers full, the overall cpu utilization was at around 25% and network at around 10% (that's 85mbit/s). Var and SV were pretty stable as well even with 30 players and the server was maintaining 128tick.

What's happened after the last set of updates in Aug/Sept is that CS uses more resources now, for instance the new player models have more animations. While the amount of resources being used by players and servers has changed, the network settings or even the models/mats/etc limits haven't been increased to compensate. It's like driving a car from point A to B. You always used the maximum 100 gallons holdable for the trip. But now the car has more load and the car petrol tank hasn't been increased in size to compensate, so you can't fill more petrol to complete the trip. This is why players are experiencing choke when things ran fine before those updates. Even with servers enforcing full rates, there are still issues. Nothing can be done from our end other than reducing player slots which already happened yesterday.

The only issue that sometimes happens across all our servers is slight lag caused by larger DDoS attacks penetrating through the DDoS protection employed on the servers, these happen usually late night or early afternoons. We can't really control what some plonkers do in their spare time.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Server doesn't really lag. We ran checks yesterday with the Datacenter to confirm. With all the servers full, the overall cpu utilization was at around 25% and network at around 10% (that's 85mbit/s). Var and SV were pretty stable as well even with 30 players and the server was maintaining 128tick.

What's happened after the last set of updates in Aug/Sept is that CS uses more resources now, for instance the new player models have more animations. While the amount of resources being used by players and servers has changed, the network settings or even the models/mats/etc limits haven't been increased to compensate. It's like driving a car from point A to B. You always used the maximum 100 gallons holdable for the trip. But now the car has more load and the car petrol tank hasn't been increased in size to compensate, so you can't fill more petrol to complete the trip. This is why players are experiencing choke when things ran fine before those updates. Even with servers enforcing full rates, there are still issues. Nothing can be done from our end other than reducing player slots which already happened yesterday.

So this was addressed in today's CS:GO update, the max rate client can use increased from 128000 to 786432

[NETWORKING]
    – Allowing wider range for network channel bandwidth rate setting representing allowed game traffic to client:
    — Increased default rate to 196608 which will accommodate users with internet connections of 1.5 Mbps or better.
    — Players can increase their rate setting up to 786432 to represent 6 Mbps surge bandwidth allowed, but must be aware that requesting high surge bandwidth may cause packet loss if their ISP or network hardware drops packets at a high surge rate.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information