+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Health Pack Limit

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0%

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00

Health Pack Limit

The health pack limit on Office has been reduced from 300 down to 100 for a trial period.
    Players can still break this threshold with knife kills.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 243

Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Nitehawk     $ 30.00
    Gotta agree with Kingy and Bishop, 150 is definitely better than the 100 cap just gives you that bit more of a chance against those DAMN AWPERRRSSSS .. have I mentioned I hate AWPers? lol
    I know it was only an event/trial thing but I still think upping the damage on the 'nades again would be good, I miss being able to throw one into the CT spawn AWPers windows and killing those annoying AWPers.

Take a seat, relax.

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Reducing the health pack limit down from 300 is primarily geared towards stabilising fluctuating server populations in part by mitigating veteran players from health pack whoring and stomping newbies off the server.

I'm biased when it comes to Awps though I think our Dust 2 DM server demonstrates that players love having the option to Awp available and it's proven to be a largely popular weapon among the broader CS community.

As for increased nade damage I’d have to check with the man upstairs first but we might be able to run something like x2 boosted nade damage, unlimited throwing knives and normal weapons for an extended Fri, Sat and Sunday event in the future like the weekend after next perhaps.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    drewdrewdrew will become famous soon enough drewdrewdrew's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] drewdrewdrew     $ 0.00
    I love the 150HP! GW guys. 300 was just a joke. AWP/Dak daks always gonna get them so doesn't faze me!
    CS:Source - drewboi

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    200 was good. 150 may aswell be 100

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

The HP limit may be increased beyond 150 though for now it should remain where it is because it’s been working rather well for the server.

There’s a notable correlation between improved server population stability, player base retention and the reduction of the hp limit.

150hp is a good equilibrium, with players still able to survive most Awp shots whilst also being susceptible to throwing knives to the head (usually 161dmg in 1 hit).

Players are also still able to acquire additional HP over the 150 threshold by achieving knife kills.

Increasing the HP limit for the duration of an event is a scenario we could look at conducting in the future though there are currently no plans for one as such at present.
    Last edited by Knight_Ops.; 24-01-16 at 04:19 AM. Reason: retard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Global Admin
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Either need to increase HP or decrease nade damage. As a terrorist ct's throw it straight to your spawn and does some serious damage before you can even get out. lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

OP nades were requested by multiple server regs and have proven very popular with the broader player base as a whole.

Spawn protection is set to 3 seconds giving players ample time to vacate the immediate vicinity.

As for the health pack limit @ 150, only a few hours ago when I was at the 150 limit you were like “Wow, take a hit” after I didn’t die…

Global Admin
    Total Donations For

Big difference between u taking a hit and taking damage sunshine. As in i got no rego, "not omfg i did 500dmg to you and u didnt die..." lool ample time huh...send me a pm when the servers at 30players, be good to see it then. If it gets to 30 anymore prob hasnt gotten past about 20 players but hey what would i know right? :P

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Dont make me put your bitch ass on youtube, also server was around 30 players on Sunday night.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Global Admin
    Total Donations For

Maybe you should check the server stats before commenting. My Bitch ass on you tube lool. Good one. What's that getting at exactly?

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Maybe you should check the server stats before commenting
    I did cupcake.
    My Bitch ass on you tube
    I have footage of a lot of stuff Brucey including that particular instance I was referring to and it’s quite clear that it’s not your rego at all as I’m taking damage and you’re shots are registering on me, I only survived the incursion because I had extra health of which I would have had even more had it not been limited to 150.

AKA Qi_Bishop
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Onesks     $ 20.02
    In my opinion the 150hp cap is perfect in the means of balance in OfficeDM, this health cap gives players (new or ol' timer) a better chance at escaping ambushes or dangerous situations,
    in example I'd like to mention spawn camps on T. I believe the 150 cap definitley helps this situation, if T team is getting spawn killed at backyard window they can pickup fallen medkits,
    get their health capped and quickly move through storage then into side hall avoiding that big mess of a situation completely, yes you may or may not get shot during that situation but you
    will definitley have a much better chance at surviving it and escaping at 150 then 100. Another example is a CT in front window AWPing your T friends down in main hall, if you were exiting spawn into
    main hall or entering it by another route (such as backyard) you definitley have a much better chance at switching to side hall through bathroom then compared to 100hp, if the AWPer shoots you, you still
    have a much better chance at surviving as the 150hp requires more shots to kill someone, escpially with the awp (unless in the head).

The next thing i'd like to mention is knife kills, with a knife kill you get 75hp (25hp on knife only mode [I think, correct me if im wrong on this]). I believe that it takes probably 3-4 knife kills to actually feel the health difference before-hand
    (assuming you started knifing at 150hp, the same with knife only mode), the reason why I say this is due to knife shooters, your health isn't going to stay and will most likely drain out on the battlefield as people (like me) love to shoot knifers in the head
    by either panick or they just choose not to knife the opposing enemy, and because of this the knifer's health will drastically drain killing them quickly. I believe that with the health bonus added with knife kills, and the 150hp cap, a long with 3 throwing knives,
    that this makes it perfectly balanced as knifers won't get OP just as easy and require a lot more skill and stealth to get their health reward (which is what knifing is supposed to be). The knifer's still also have a chance against the knife shooters due to the throwing knives, if they are shot
    they can just throw a knife and bam gone, problem solved.

The last thing i'd like to mention is the OP Nades Bruce brang up, yes I believe that the nades are OP but I believe they are OP to be used as a problem solver rather than an atomic bomb lets say for example.
    When people are getting spawned killed, especially as a CT, they throw grenades at different angles trying to give them the advantage quickly and clearing up the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ops. View Post
    OP nades were requested by multiple server regs and have proven very popular with the broader player base as a whole.
    I believe people agree with these OP Nades as Knight Ops said above for this reason, to get rid of the spawn camping in the area and continue on. People don't like being spawn camped, they know the nade is OP so it makes sense (this also goes for the Golden Gun). Some regular users think it should be increased more, such as Nitehawk (I think it's Nitehawk, will correct if im wrong).
    These OP Nades can also be used to boobitrap players at an angle without the need for jumping or giving yourself away (such as a front window sniper, or nading someone in bathroom from T). They don't balance well with the health but that is a good thing, sometimes I wish for more nades but we don't and only get one nade a life due to it being OP and spamming it around would be stupid. They are
    OP and don't lye well with Health to avoid problems, such as quickly killing a knife shooter by throwing it on the floor and the reasons I said above.

But these are my opinions and I believe some may agree on them, especially regulars, but the reason why we have these restrictions on Medkit capping and OP nades is for mere fun and getting rid of/getting away from game-mood-killers (if that is the right term).
    Last edited by Onesks; 18-02-16 at 07:32 PM.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 243

Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Nitehawk     $ 30.00
    Hey Bishop, your comments about he Nades is 100% right. The nades are OP and if you don't want them to be OP then don't be a douche and window camp or CT front window camp then the nades can be brought back to standard but until the noobs stop doing this I think the nades need to stay OP and yes it was me that wanted it increased just a bit more so that you can run from office through a nade through CT front window and clear the Noob AWPers (not looking at you there Bacon or Moose lol).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nitehawk For This Useful Post:

Global Admin
    Total Donations For

Lool I really cant be ♥♥♥♥ed. I dont give 2 shits if its 100HP max or triple nade damage i will still play i dont comment based on how it affects me, it's attracting/keeping new players i am concerned about. No doubt you know better than I as the server has been pumping all Night.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

AKA Qi_Bishop

Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Lool I really cant be ♥♥♥♥ed. I dont give 2 shits if its 100HP max or triple nade damage i will still play i dont comment based on how it affects me, it's attracting/keeping new players i am concerned about. No doubt you know better than I as the server has been pumping all Night.
    Yeah ik, I just thought I'd explain why things in the server are the way they are and give my input as to why.

Global Admin
    Total Donations For

Was never having a go @ you Bishop. Only the server SA.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

AKA Qi_Bishop

Total Donations For

Was never having a go @ you Bishop. Only the server SA.
    Oooo savage. Haha dw man I knew, I just felt like explaining more in point just to help you see why some stuff does stuff in such ways. No problem on my part
    Last edited by Onesks; 21-02-16 at 08:17 PM. Reason: da knees bees

Casual Member
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 189
    mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] mjrmooseknuckle     $ 0.00
    I personally believe it doesn't matter how much damage nades do 'cause Nitehawk is far more deadly with a m4 than he is with a nade :P

28. The Following User Says Thank You to mjrmooseknuckle For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information