+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative GG Idea

Casual Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%

DrunkenMidget will become famous soon enough DrunkenMidget will become famous soon enough DrunkenMidget's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DrunkenMidget     $ 50.00

Alternative GG Idea

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in maybe having a Gun Game Death Match server with single kills for each gun and maybe throwing knives as this could allow for large maps in rotation as the game finishes quicker and people don't seem loose interest ??? Even smaller maps go a lot faster and you really have to be at your best to win these sorts of maps

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrunkenMidget For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 363

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    we could chaange gg10 to deathmatch so its faster but the difference between gg4 is that its 1 kill levelup and throwing knives. i think that would be awesome.
    gg10 right now with no pop is boring while its not deathmatch

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminat0r For This Useful Post:

Casual Member

DrunkenMidget will become famous soon enough DrunkenMidget will become famous soon enough DrunkenMidget's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Yeah I find GG10 boring too with out it being death match and throwing knifes just make things fun too

Life's Dad
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Death13     $ 0.00
    sounds good

Life's Dad
    Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13's Avatar
    Total Donations For

yep i agree with that terminator i mite get more people on the server ! it seems every time i get on the server they leave so i play GG4 more now that will help i think

Casual Member

Total Donations For

So who do we talk to make to make this happen?

Life's Dad
    Total Donations For

Squall
    Last edited by Death13; 30-06-15 at 07:37 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Death13 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    GG10 is sadly dead. It was my favourite type of gun-game and back in 09/10 always had servers full for about 16 hours of the day :3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMidget View Post
    Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in maybe having a Gun Game Death Match server with single kills for each gun and maybe throwing knives as this could allow for large maps in rotation as the game finishes quicker and people don't seem loose interest ??? Even smaller maps go a lot faster and you really have to be at your best to win these sorts of maps
    If you are looking for fast paced Gungame, try the Server #11 Team Gungame server 119.252.190.39:27065

Can look into organising a weekend event for turbo mode [1 kill level up] on GG4.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 18
    DeAssasin is on a distinguished road DeAssasin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] DeAssasin     $ 0.00
    This will be awesome,

By the way hi guys im new here hope i get a friend soon ��

y i k e s
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    GG10 is sadly dead. It was my favourite type of gun-game and back in 09/10 always had servers full for about 16 hours of the day :3
    thnx m8, relevance lvl = George W. Bush fighting for the rights of fish.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20Jcrk6jGfo

Casual Member

Total Donations For

Squall not looking for something just on a weekend would love the option of having a 1k GGDM server on DTK that you could play all the time but sadly i have to play the steam go server for this which is full almost all the time... the GG10 is pretty much dead too maybe we could use it to cater to these players
    Last edited by DrunkenMidget; 30-06-15 at 10:56 PM.

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

An event would be a start. Based on feedback, there would be a clear indication if there is significant interest for this type of gamemode. If only 2-3 people play on this new proposed server, would you play on it or the one you currently play on?

Easy to put up servers,issue is people expect the servers to fill up itself and when this obviously does not happen, they disappear.

If you think there is a playerbase for gg with proposed settings, get people to attend the event (next weekend - for 48 hours) and post feedback on the forums. If there is enough interest, there won't be any issue considering your proposal.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Casual Member

Total Donations For

So would this event be with the proposed settings? and also I understand a server doesn't just fill up straight away when you put it up, this takes time but you can't expect to gain a true indication of the need / want for this server over a 48hrs period. I'm sure if we put this server up the players would use this server on a regular basis once the server was more known. Back when DTK GGDM4 started we didn't have full server instantly this took time and a community of players did form around this some of which I still play with today. I would do every thing I can to promote this server and help in anyway I can but ultimately this would take time. I can't see the issue with atleast trying this on an already dying server to try attract new players and members to the DTK servers

Casual Member

Total Donations For

I'm not having a go at you or trying to be difficult but I've been around long to see the potential in this and think it would definitely be a sustainable server with a good regular player base

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

So would this event be with the proposed settings?
    Yes

you can't expect to gain a true indication of the need / want for this server over a 48hrs period.
    It's less to do with want/need of a server and more to do with how the turbo mode gameplay is received by the players.

Back when DTK GGDM4 started we didn't have full server instantly this took time and a community of players did form around this some of which I still play with today.

I can't see the issue with atleast trying this on an already dying server to try attract new players and members to the DTK servers
    Agreed on things taking time. However gamer attitude has changed a lot over the years. As a CSS based community, our peak was somewhere around 2011-2012, this was when CSS took up majority of players game time. This is no longer the case, there are so many other games out there that take up players game time. The trend is towards games with match making where players don't have to put in effort or invest time into.

While seeing a full server is very rewarding for us, having a loyal player base is more important to us, even if this isn't big. For instance, Jailbreak isn't constantly full but it's still up because I see admins making an effort via events,changes,etc and players like Atariowns trying to get players on it by sending invites. Same goes for GG10, does not have the same playerbase as GG4 but i see players like Stump and Death13 on a consistent basis.

We can't put up servers with only the following reasoning -

I'm sure if we put this server up the players would use this server on a regular basis once the server was more known.
    because

1. We would probably end up putting a new server online each week to the point where these new servers will have a negative impact on the performance of other servers (http://www.downloadmoreram.com/)

2. While you may very well be correct, we might end up in an ongoing cycle which your thread is very much part of. Let's just assume, this new server goes up and for the sake of argument, the server does not do well and you are pretty much the only active player. Maybe it just needs more time? What could happen next? Someone else might post a similar thread as yours and suggest a new server in place of yours as it's not doing well.

How GG10 is doing in this case should have zero relevance to this thread. What's relevant is that if there is enough interest for the proposed game mode and that there is a playerbase even if it's small willing to put in effort and time into the new server. Not expecting 100 players to show interest but at least a dedicated few to start off with would be nice. More so important in this proposal because what you are suggesting is a clone GG4 server with 2 changes - one is a minor addition i.e throwing knives which itself could be implemented on the GG4 server if majority of the players are happy with it and a game mode change which changes the pace of the game completely.
    Last edited by Squall; 01-07-15 at 12:33 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information