+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Office Event Suggestions

Scout+Deagle
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 42.0%

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DertySnatchez     $ 10.00

Office Event Suggestions

hey guys was just thinkin..would it be impossible to set up some kind of competition weekly fortnightly or monthly. and have deagle only for a few rounds then awps only few rounds...probs not enough scouters around to have a scout only one but im willing to downgrade hahahaha whats you guys thought ideas????? cheers big ears
    Last edited by Knight_Ops.; 14-11-16 at 03:35 PM. Reason: update

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    SMG or AWP only, would be interesting.

Scout+Deagle

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

reckon in the next couple of weekends a map rotation night could be cool? saw what maps are able to be used and there a some ones I don't think manyt people would have played in a while like Italy and Aztec, could incorporate weapon restrictions( scout only,awp only, pistol only ect...just a suggestion cheers Derty

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DertySnatchez For This Useful Post:

Scout+Deagle

Total Donations For

Thumbs up office dm event

hey ladies and gents! so since theres been a lot of negative comments about the awp on office, would it be a possibility to run an event with awps limited to a fair number per side or have a vending machine evnt? I know all the reasons as to why awps have been made accessible to everyone from the menu and I agree with them. but I think doing this event evry week/fortnight over a few months will be good as a re-evaluation kind of thing! not just that but it would be a lot of fun..i dropped the idea in game a few times over the last couple of weeks and have had poisitve feedback from people on the server... Cheers Derty

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 192

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Quote Originally Posted by DertySnatchez View Post
    would it be a possibility to run an event with awps limited to a fair number per side or have a vending machine evnt? I think doing this event evry week/fortnight over a few months will be good as a re-evaluation kind of thing
    Hey Derty, yes and no. I don’t know about the frequency you're suggesting but we may be able to set something up. Though there are are going to be limitations of practicality.

There’s a problem with restricting weapons via the menu whereby if a player chooses a limited weapon after the limit has already been reached it will spawn the weapon at their feet and the player will be left without a primary weapon, depending on how many players do this the weapons can litter spawn and attribute to server lag.

Another limit of practicality would be installing and removing the vending machine every week or so, I’m fairly sure that would need to be done manually each time as opposed to an automated “set it and forget it” type scenario meaning it would likely become a hassle for Squall.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Scout+Deagle

Total Donations For

ye right that's a fair call, didn't know that was the process.. even a random gun only would be cool as an event. I vow never to mention vending machine and limited awps ever again hahahah just saw [T] Slothz idea for csgo abput headshots only...that could be a thought for a different event aswell
    Last edited by DertySnatchez; 10-04-15 at 11:27 AM.

Take a seat, relax.

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

We should be able to run both random weapons and a separate headshot only event without any issues.

We could also run a no awps or dak dak event though I suspect you’ll find players revert to using p90’s and other spam weapons more so be mindful of that.

We can also conduct a scouts only event too, though if I set it up you’ll have to help spruik it in-game prior to the event to cultivate interest because most players really don’t like having their weapon options limited especially when it’s only one choice of primary weapon.

If too many people complain about being restricted or evac the server, I’ll have to prematurely terminate such an event.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    drewdrewdrew will become famous soon enough drewdrewdrew's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] drewdrewdrew     $ 0.00
    +1 pistols round bro. Knives last night was fun except for when some prick picked up the golden gun hahah
    CS:Source - drewboi

Scout+Deagle

Total Donations For

hey people!, thoughts on a random guns event this Friday or Saturday night mixed in with random knife only mode and the new office 90's map? cheers Derty

Casual Member
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 392
    JetNZ has a spectacular aura about JetNZ has a spectacular aura about JetNZ's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] JetNZ     $ 0.00
    I really like Office 90s. Nearly every time I've changed the map I get a couple of complainers, but because this one is basically the same layout + a couple of small extras like the path to CT AWP campers, it should be accepted a lot more. I like swimming behind T spawn also.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JetNZ For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.6%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 325.00
    I have had nothing but positive feedback from the office 90s map. It is now my personal favourite also. I also played the office 2 story map. Very very different, but fun. Had only 1 person complain about it. But while playing it I pictured a mad scout fight. Even a para event on this map.

So i'd like to suggest either a scout knives on office 2 story or a para's only on 2 story. Even a combination if it can be done. Say 2 rounds scout/knife 2 rounds para. Until the 110 kill limit is reached. Having a combo gives people like me who are crap with scoutz a chance to catch up on kills against derty with a para. (although he is pretty beast with that also)

But most definitely need more events on our server. And I am sure a lot of people may disagree, but a full on p90 only event would rock. P90s only. preferably no knives and no secondarys if it could be done.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Yeah Derty, solid ideas. That Office 90s map is pretty fresh, the retextures make it feel fairly different yet the slight map alterations leave it virtually the same.

We can always change the map to whatever and turn on knife mode whenever, it doesn’t have to be for an event though the random weapons aspect does have to be organised in advance. I found that unlimited throwing knives and normal weapons enabled was the most popular version of a “knife event” in part because those that cant knife or simply don’t want to can still have their fun.

The map you’re talking about Jet is cs_office_night_rain_final, also a good map. The outside water features and soft indoor lighting hold appeal for me and the layout is pretty decent. I’d almost forgotten from Half-Life that health packs have buoyancy =D

Thus far Walker I’ve only play tested 2_story with bots and made the preliminary and possibly premature assessment that it would not be popular in general though I'd like to get some more eyes on it, we can run it for a 110 kills at various times over this weekend and we can also organise to conduct an event on said map in the furture. I’d suggest shotguns or scouts as a preference.

TLDR:
    ================================================== ===============

I’ll ask if we can set something up for tonight or tomorrow though we may have to aim for next weekend. If we schedule an event for next week we can run those maps in stages for a game or two and staggered over this weekend instead to correlate some more player feedback.

As a general courtesy I try to ask Squall at least 6-7 days in advance prior to scheduling an event because we currently don’t have any Event Managers so it chews into his personal spare time having to set it up and then initiate it to run on the server, in most cases he also has to be available to return the server back to normal on notice. I don't feel like it’s really that fair to spring it on him with a “Hey are you free tonight or tomorrow at x time slot to set this up for us?”

Also once an event is green lit and scheduled we have that extra time to spruik it not only via the forums but also in-game so it gains further momentum.
    Last edited by Knight_Ops.; 29-05-15 at 01:50 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Tomorrow night from 7 pm we'll run unlimited throwing knives with normal weapons on Office_90s and also cs_office_night_rain_final.

We can organise a fully fleshed out event idea over this weekend inline for a scheduled event next week like say scouts only or random weapons and rotate it to some of the other maps.

Quote Originally Posted by loubot69 View Post
    Office Enduro Event
    Extend the kill limit to 500 kills
    First to 500 kills gets a prize
    I also very much want to run this event in the not too distant future. I was thinking the prize could be like 2 months donator store access.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Yeah I started 2 story on my own against bots, and it was ok. But by the time I had 4 kills, people started joining. I ended up with a solid 28 players. Lots of p90's and awps, with a few scouts and paras. Hence why I liked the idea of scout's / para's.

I think the awp is just too OP for the map layout. The same with the p90. I don't think it will ever be a popular map, and I can't say I thought too highly of it. But it would be good for an event every now and then. Preferably with the hostages disabled for it.

And as I stated previously, I only had 1 person ask me to change the map. So I think it may be worth a run occasionally.

Senior Administrator

Total Donations For

Idea for an event. Not sure if possible, but could we have a WC3 event? but instead of having to gain xp and level, we can just pick a race / class and get max level 10 right away. Choose one of our largest maps, and have at it for a cpl of hours. Even change the maps through a rotation so all races get an advantage at some point.

I personally miss the WC3 servers a bit, and I have had some discussions with people regarding how fun it used to be. I think it could be a popular event and become a regular event if it was successful. Just an idea. Let me know what you think, and whether it is possible or not.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

That game mode is crazy hectic and can be tons of fun once you know how it works.

I think SSG still has one or two War3Source servers already setup.

The idea itself is pretty awesome, but you’ll need to find out the logistics and feasibility directly from Squall (I’d send him a PM) before entertaining the concept.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator

Total Donations For

I'll get on it!!

Casual Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 243

Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk is a glorious beacon of light Nitehawk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Nitehawk     $ 30.00
    What about something with reduced gravity? Give the people with reduced Y axis dpi something to complain about, hahaha.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitehawk For This Useful Post:

Gerken Jerken
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 261

Gerken Jerken will become famous soon enough Gerken Jerken's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Gerken Jerken     $ 173.00
    CAPTURE THE CHICKENS. KNIFE ONLY lol

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Gerken Jerken For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
    What about something with reduced gravity? Give the people with reduced Y axis dpi something to complain about, hahaha.
    We can do this on the fly. I gave a few players low gravity a couple of times last week but it wasn't an event as such just a few players being silly jumping around in back yard trying to knife each other and various other shenanigans it was fun though I think most players don't want their gravity interfered with so that's definitely something to be respectful of.

Maybe we could do normal weapons, unlimited throwing knives and a low gravity combo or something as a scheduled event...

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    floppin is on a distinguished road floppin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

floppin     $ 0.00
    m249 and p90. prefire every corner fun

34. The Following User Says Thank You to floppin For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information